Local Hero/Going Home - Bring it back?

Guest Geordiesned
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Geordiesned

This has been discussed and debated several times over the past few months and is yet again being discussed in the 'NUFC wants to hear from you' thread and yet I've never seen a show of hands on the subject. Some seem annoyed at its removal whilst others are glad it's gone. So, I'd be interested to know if you want it back or not. It's a simple yes or no poll so if you don't want it, it doesn't matter what you do want in its place. That discussion can take place once all votes are in if needs be.

All you need to answer is "yes" if you want Going Home (the theme from Local Hero) to be played as the players take to the pitch or "no" if you don't want to see it return.

Guest Geordiesned

I do, but my vote doesn't really count.

Why don't you think your vote doesn't count? Because you don't go to all the games?

I think its a bit of a dirge perosnally, but if it comes back then i wont be binning my season ticket. I'm not usually in till 2.59pm anyway!

I'd prefer it to be saved for a handful of matches each season.

Playing it before every game means it loses its value.

I disagree. I think it's part of our identity. Either play it every home game or not at all.

Why don't you think your vote doesn't count? Because you don't go to all the games?

I'll be going to half of the home games this year. My point was, as going to SJP is still a relatively new thing to me, I'm excited about experiencing the traditional atmosphere and build-up to the game. As an outsider this includes the aforementioned track. There's nothing boring about it at all, to me.

I'll be going to half of the home games this year. My point was, as going to SJP is still a relatively new thing to me, I'm excited about experiencing the traditional atmosphere and build-up to the game. As an outsider this includes the aforementioned track. There's nothing boring about it at all, to me.

You've a valid vote. Sadly.

Guest WalkervilleMag

we could come out to the crazy frog song for all i care, as long as we win.  Local Hero is a bit dated now  and Knopfler is just another Sting,  a Geordie when it suits him, cup finals ect.

I disagree. I think it's part of our identity. Either play it every home game or not at all.

How?

Its a cheesy song written by a Scotsman for a Scottish film IIRC.

I don't recall NUFC being in Scotland.  ;)

When was it made? Early 80's? What did we do before then? When was the 1st time it was played, who decided that we adopted it? (really would like to know where it all stems from if anyone can answer, ta)

People over rate this song, its boring, dull and uninspiring. A new era could easily bring a new song, something with a bit of passion and charisma. Its not our culture, we can get rid of it, it doesn't define us by any mean.

How?

When was it made? Early 80's? What did we do before then? When was the 1st time it was played, who decided that we adopted it? (really would like to know where it all stems from if anyone can answer, ta)

People over rate this song, its boring, dull and uninspiring. A new era could easily bring a new song, something with a bit of passion and charisma. Its not our culture, we can get rid of it, it doesn't define us by any mean.

Load of shite. It's not about the connection to the area, if it was then we'd have Jimmy fucking Nail singing Crocodile fucking Shoes. It's about the way it gets the crowd up and creates an atmosphere.

If you can put forward an alternative song that would be just as good i'm all ears.

How?

Load of shite. It's not about the connection to the area, if it was then we'd have Jimmy fucking Nail singing Crocodile fucking Shoes. It's about the way it gets the crowd up and creates an atmosphere.

If you can put forward an alternative song that would be just as good i'm all ears.

Does it though? It really has no effect on the players or the crowd, who we are playing seems to be the only thing that gets either lot going, not this song.

Theme tune to Terminator, or before SSN's changed their theme 'Requiem for a dream' but its over played now were my suggestions about a month ago in some thread on here.

Or create a competition for a new theme song or get some talented movie musical mogul thingy to create one for us, then it would be our own, just for us.

I'm excited about experiencing the traditional atmosphere and build-up to the game. As an outsider this includes the aforementioned track. There's nothing boring about it at all, to me.

Outsider ? Well I never. Where yer from then, Dave ?

And heres me thinking you were one of God's children all this time.... :parky: