Newcastle Vs England

SUPERTOON
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

couldn't give a shit about England, would rather see Newcastle win a throw in than England win the world cup

why do you support Newcastle?

because i feel i 'belong' there, whereas england as a whole has much less feeling for me

So you come from Newcastle? And from England?

yes

couldn't give a shit about England, would rather see Newcastle win a throw in than England win the world cup

because i feel i 'belong' there, whereas england as a whole has much less feeling for me

yes

and you ARE aware that Newcastle (where you feel you belong) is IN England*?

* Although, granted, if you stand outside the Glendale and watch the people walking up through the underpass, you'd be forgiven for being confused about that.

So ......

World cup final England vs Nigeria

Owen got injured in the semis, Barton is still doing time, Milner overlooked for Lennon and Taylor's leg fell off after trying to play 90 minutes with a double break. - therefore no Toon presence

Oba up front for Nigeria (Babayaro is injured obviously)

Who do you want to win?

England.

And i'm pleased about Lennon, he's a good player.

Well that's an easy one for me because I like Newcastle but i'm Scottish  :coolsmiley:

I've had similar discussions though about if I had to choose between Dundee Utd  and Scotland who would it be?

I go to watch the national team occasionally at home but I just can't get excited about it in the same way that I get excited about my club.  I think international football feels a bit manufactured in the sense that it's a group of guys who don't usually play in the same team but are cobbled together for a few games a year.  A club has more of a soul in my opinion.

Guest Hodgson09

England never play Newcastle, so whats the point, there is never a clash of fixtures. I support my club, and my country, I would love it if they both won some silverware equally.

I chose Newcastle in the poll though, as I watch more Newcastle games, if England is playing in the World Cup, or Euro I will make an effort to watch. But I don't for qualifiers, or friendlies. Watching England is a bit shit at the moment, but I desperately want them to do well, just like Newcastle.

I will be cheering on my country in this years Rugby world cup, hoping they can win it again.

yes

and you ARE aware that Newcastle (where you feel you belong) is IN England*?

* Although, granted, if you stand outside the Glendale and watch the people walking up through the underpass, you'd be forgiven for being confused about that.

England represents the whole of England, Newcastle represents the place i love

So ......

World cup final England vs Nigeria

Owen got injured in the semis, Barton is still doing time, Milner overlooked for Lennon and Taylor's leg fell off after trying to play 90 minutes with a double break. - therefore no Toon presence

Oba up front for Nigeria (Babayaro is injured obviously)

Who do you want to win?

Nigeria

England never play Newcastle, so whats the point, there is never a clash of fixtures. I support my club, and my country, I would love it if they both won some silverware equally.

I chose Newcastle in the poll though, as I watch more Newcastle games, if England is playing in the World Cup, or Euro I will make an effort to watch. But I don't for qualifiers, or friendlies. Watching England is a bit shit at the moment, but I desperately want them to do well, just like Newcastle.

I will be cheering on my country in this years Rugby world cup, hoping they can win it again.

Not a fucking chance of that happening, unfortunately.

Guest Hodgson09

Yeah I know, just a hope, they have been shite since winning it. Too many retirements.

I care about Newcastle first and foremost because England i feel is more like "southern england". Everything involving england is influenced by the cockney clubs (including man utd). They also have a terrible manager and blame poor results on their being too many foreign players in the league, which is the stupidest thing i've ever heard.

Yeah I know, just a hope, they have been shite since winning it. Too many retirements.

Yeah, most of them happened a couple of years before they stopped getting picked for the team as well.

Guest johnson293

Suppose last summers World Cup proved which I care more about.

Literally as soon as Owen got Injured in that 2nd game, and it became clear it was serious, I lost (virtually) all interest in the World Cup.  :-[

I was more concerned what it meant for Newcastle, and the appraoching season - and we all know what it meant, now!!  :weep:

I do support England, and do have a sense of pride when one or more Newcastle players play for them, but if I had to choose (like the poll in this thread), it'd be the club everytime!

tbh i dont care about England

i watch them when im in the house/bored otherwise i wouldnt be bothered about them winning or loosing

i take notice about the Nufc players who play for England just incase they pick up an injury

I care about Newcastle first and foremost because England i feel is more like "southern england". Everything involving england is influenced by the cockney clubs (including man utd).

This is what i was getting at. I only care about Newcastle.

Is anyone worried if England continue to be s***, and Maclaren gets sacked, that big Sam could be off? or has the way the bung s*** was dealt with and being overlooked the last time put Sam off the idea ?

Nah, Sam has already stated that he won't leave Newcastle for England and Shepherd also said that there wasn't a clause in Allardyce's contract allowing him to leave if the FA came begging.

Weird question.

It's not like you can't support your club and your country equally.  They're never gonna play each other, you know, so you won't have to choose one or the other.

Speaking for my own country here like, but the passion and togetherness an internation match brings here now is incredible.  You'd be very foolish to not want to be a part of it.

passionate about england even if i do think the manager is a twat and the players are overrated.

i love the world cup atmosphere though- its brilliant, the 'Go england!' signs in shop windows (some of them) and its the only time my mates (be they everton fans, boro fans..) n i actually support the same side.

that said i desperately want newcastle to do well.. so i chose both.