Away Days - Are you a good omen?

Tsunami

haha brilliant! i live in london and ive seen 4 games. away to fulham, chelsea, west ham and tottenham. all last season

won 2 lost 2.

spurs: 2-3 martins screamer

west ham: 0-2 martins and duff first goals

fulham: 2-1 we were abysmal

chelsea: 1-0 put up a good performance and lost only to a 80th minute (shite) drogba goal!

i think my mate is the good omen- he came to the spurs and west ham ones and missed the other two! ill invite him more!! 2 wins out of 4 in away games when we finished 13th under roedent is pretty lucky though!

That was totally shite, I left before the end to catch the train and missed Oba's goal. :lol:

seriously too many to work it out (first away game 3-2 win at preston billy raff getting 2 about 1981ish) and since then some seasons of getting to more than half the aways tilll sprogs came on the scene. probably slightly more defeats than wins with a good few draws aswell.

My record's pretty bad, Bolton this season was the first away game I'd seen us win for 7 years (Blackburn in the FA Cup being the previous, in case you were wondering). Between that period I'd witnessed several shocking away days, the Wigan 1-0 defeats and last season's Goodison Park horror show probably being the worst.

I don't think anyone could claim to be a bad omen though, we're just shit away from home.

Guest Alan_Shearer

06/07 - West Brom - 3-0 : Shearer, Owen, Owen

AMAZING :D GREAT OMEN I SAY :D

so glad i got the see Shearer play AND score :)

Iv been to 1 away game, we lost 2-0 to Spurs on new years eve, played awful and Owen broke his foot. My car also broke down about 200 yards from White Hart Lane after being grid locked for 2 hours, with my then girlfriend pissed that I werent gonna make it back in time for our reservation at a restaurent. Great omen me!

Guest Bramble OG

Ive not done so bad seen most of our away wins from the last 5-6 years, but also alot of depressing performances and defeats

My Girlfriend is a bad omen though, took her to Wigan and Everton last season 2 defeats and 2 penalty misses...dont worry shes not going again

Most of the away games, i've been to have been in European competitions and i think i might have witnessed more wins or draws, than defeats.. the only losses i can remember are the two games in Belgrade against Partizan and the one in Marseille..

Seen us win at Old Trafford against Spurs in the semi, in Feyenoord (3-2) at Spurs (1-0 90th minute Jenas winner) Barnsley (1-0 in leauge cup) Charlton (2-0) the mackems twice (nobby and dabizas games)

Draw at leicester (2-2) and Chelsea (when Acuna scored)

And losses at Liverpool (4 times) Everton (when Grveson snapped bernard) Bolton twice, West Ham, Fulham (at loftus road) Man U at Cardiff, Chelsea at Wembley, Villa twice (bobbys last game and obas debut) Boro, (the one posponed cos of the 'snow') and probably a few more im forgetting

Not a great record but I think I used up my quota of good luck at Feyenoord - my best mate had to persuade me to go for ages because we'd lost the first 3 games!

Guest Geordiecunny

Wigan  last season L awful game

Man U last season L awful performance

Liverpool (3 times before L 2 W 1) First away game was 1-0 win at Anfield (Watson)

Everton last season L awful performance

Watford last season D

Blackburn (99ish) 2-1 W

Burnley pre season game ages ago- dont remeber

Bradford pre season ages ago- dunno

Leeds L 4-1 99ish

Man City twice before 04 and 05 1 Draw 1-1 one 3-0 defeat (Souness last game)

Hartlepool this pre season (3-1?)

Carlisle this pre season 1-1

Hull this pre season L 1-0

Bolton twice before one defeat under Souness, 3-1 this season.

Boro this season D2-2

Been to a few reserve away games Bradford (met Bobby Robson cant remember the game) and Leeds away think we lost.

One under 18s away at Leeds academy, lost.

Off to Derby soon, got ma ticket yesterday.

Only seen us lose on the road once, way back under Keegan when Wimbledon beat us 3-2. Every other time I've seen us play in London we've won or drawn.

That said, a lot of times I see them somebody seems to get sent off. I was at Charlton in 2001/2 when Rennie sent Shearer off for no apparent reason. Was in the press room afterwards and Robson was going apeshit like.

Yeading (a) 2004/5 FAC Won 2-0

Arsenal (a) 2004/5 Lost 1-0

Heerenveen (a) 2004/5 UEFA Won 2-1

Portsmouth (a) 2004/5 Drew 1-1

Spurs (a) 2004/5 Lost 1-0

Sporting Lisbon (a) 2004/5 UEFA Lost 4-1

Fulham (a) 2004/5 Won 3-1

Portsmouth (a) 2005/6 Drew 0-0

West Ham (a) 2005/6 Won 4-2

Spurs (a) 2005/6 Lost 2-0

Fulham (a) 2005/6 Lost 1-0

Chelsea (a) 2005/6 FAC Lost 1-0

Charlton (a) 2005/6 Lost 3-1

Ventspils (a) 2006/7 Won 1-0

West Ham (a) 2006/7 Won 2-0

Palermo (a) 2006/7 Won 1-0

Watford (a) 2006/7 LC Won 5-4 Pens

Eintracht Frankfurt (a) 2006/7 UEFA Drew 0-0

Fulham (a) 2006/7 Lost 2-1

AZ Alkmaar (a) 2006/7 UEFA Lost 2-0

Charlton (a) 2006/7 Lost 2-0

Portsmouth (a) 2006/7 Lost 2-1

So out of 22, I have 8 wins, 3 draws and 11 defeats. I suppose that's 50% where we haven't been beaten!

Guest Boqueron

My first away game was end of Dec 1967 at Roker Park. We had beaten Sunderland at home on Boxing Day and then drew with them a few days later. I think it was something like 3-3. I remember we got two penalties and Ollie Burton scored them both. From memory I think John Macnamee got the other one but i could be wrong. I remember mostly the terror of the journey out of the stadium, being pelted with bottles and bricks and trying to avoid all the scuffles that were going on.

I wasn't allowed to go to another away game until 1969 when me and my mates went to Leeds in the August - another draw if i recall - and then every away game (and every home game too) until 1977 when I got married. For the next two years it was only about 6 away matches a year and then my firstborn arrived and that was the end of away matches.

Sadly Maggie Thatcher's policies saw me made redundant in the early 80's and that was the end of home matches too. I moved abroad to find work and since then have only been to half a dozen home games.

My first away game was end of Dec 1967 at Roker Park. We had beaten Sunderland at home on Boxing Day and then drew with them a few days later. I think it was something like 3-3. I remember we got two penalties and Ollie Burton scored them both. From memory I think John Macnamee got the other one but i could be wrong. I remember mostly the terror of the journey out of the stadium, being pelted with bottles and bricks and trying to avoid all the scuffles that were going on.

I wasn't allowed to go to another away game until 1969 when me and my mates went to Leeds in the August - another draw if i recall - and then every away game (and every home game too) until 1977 when I got married. For the next two years it was only about 6 away matches a year and then my firstborn arrived and that was the end of away matches.

Sadly Maggie Thatcher's policies saw me made redundant in the early 80's and that was the end of home matches too. I moved abroad to find work and since then have only been to half a dozen home games.

Hows Fuengirola mate?

Guest 3-1 NYD

Wimbledon 1-1

Wimbledon 0-0

Fulham 1-3

That 0-0 @ Wimbledon (it was a night game I recall) has to go down as the WORST game of football I've ever seen., only memorable for a fingertip save by Shay to deny Michael Hughes. I believe that Dalglish was in charge that night?

Guest optimistic nit

Wimbledon 1-1

Wimbledon 0-0

Fulham 1-3

That 0-0 @ Wimbledon (it was a night game I recall) has to go down as the WORST game of football I've ever seen., only memorable for a fingertip save by Shay to deny Michael Hughes. I believe that Dalglish was in charge that night?

it was absolutely fucking awful. Was the given save the one where it was a header from inside the box? i thought that was the 1-1, it may have been.

ketsbia missed an open goal i think. i'm pretty sure that was in the 0-0 and not the 1-1, but my memories of both are kind of intwined, as both games were appauling to watch.