Steven Taylor rejects new contract; Liverpool preparing £5m bid?

magorific
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He's the next John Terry. He's already a very good defender and will surely get better with time/experience/age. He's hugely rated and not without very good reason, on the verge of the England squad and will undoubtably become a regular. Great attitude on the pitch and geniunely loves the Toon!

Average?? ..... :lol:   :lol:   :lol:   :lol:  Yeah right!

Pay the lad what he's worth!!  As has been said he's turned down the first offer which is fair enough (no need to crucify him  :-X), he should be on the same as Milner and Zoggy and if Faye is on 30k then Taylor certainly deserves to be. We need our heads seeing to if we can't keep hold of him, i am confident that Sam rates him and will do everything to keep him.

the next John Terry? don't make me laugh, at 21 Terry was accomplished in the air, the tackle, had composure, game reading etc

Taylor spends 90% of the game chasing the ball or the man he failed to pick up when he should have. He's very, very average and I hope Rozenhal and Cacapa ensure he's nowher near our starting Xl this season

He's the next John Terry. He's already a very good defender and will surely get better with time/experience/age. He's hugely rated and not without very good reason, on the verge of the England squad and will undoubtably become a regular. Great attitude on the pitch and geniunely loves the Toon!

Average?? ..... :lol:   :lol:   :lol:   :lol:  Yeah right!

Pay the lad what he's worth!!  As has been said he's turned down the first offer which is fair enough (no need to crucify him  :-X), he should be on the same as Milner and Zoggy and if Faye is on 30k then Taylor certainly deserves to be. We need our heads seeing to if we can't keep hold of him, i am confident that Sam rates him and will do everything to keep him.

the next John Terry? don't make me laugh, at 21 Terry was accomplished in the air, the tackle, had composure, game reading etc

Taylor spends 90% of the game chasing the ball or the man he failed to pick up when he should have. He's very, very average and I hope Rozenhal and Cacapa ensure he's nowher near our starting Xl this season

We disagree, Taylor is good in the air, is a very good hard tackler etc etc.  He's as good as Terry when he was 21. I think you are way way out and he'll prove you very wrong soon. Time will tell and settle this argument, hopefully you'll be big enough to admit you were wrong when the time comes. The lad has great ability, he's already good, he's improving/learning and getting better and beter all the time, he's got a great attitude too.

I fuking hate the Daily Mail.

Listen to this utter fuking tripe:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/football.html?in_article_id=480927&in_page_id=1779&ito=newsnow

Magpie Taylor eyes options with White Hart Lane or Anfield his likely destinations

Tottenham are one of the Premier League clubs carefully monitoring contract negotiations between Newcastle United and promising defender Stephen Taylor.

The England Under-21 centre-half has rejected the offer of a new five-year deal and Liverpool have already been linked with a move to take him to Anfield.

But the Guardian reports that Spurs have also been following Taylor and are ready to make their own offer if they believe he is available.

Taylor is young, English and a class act, ticking all the boxes required to be filled by most of Spurs' signings.

And with doubts refusing to die down about the long term health of Ledley King, he would be a perfect addition to a defensive unit which currently features exciting youngsters Michael Dawson and Younes Kaboul.

Then this just to add to the sickening tripe:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/football.html?in_article_id=480943&in_page_id=1779

Levy is 'ready to sell Tottenham Hotspur for £250m'

Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy is ready to sell up for £250 million.

Reports suggest Levy is hoping to attract a foreign investor and his wish to sell is believed to be one of the main reasons he has been trying to replace Martin Jol as manager.

Insiders say he feels the club would be a more attractive proposition with a high-profile coach in charge such as Sevilla's Juande Ramos, who he interviewed in Spain last month.

During the summer, Levy agreed to buy former owner Sir Alan Sugar's 12 per cent stake for £25million.

Levy's ENIC International paid Sugar's holding company, Amshold, 113.6p a share to take his stake in Tottenham from 54 per cent to 66 per cent.

That deal valued the club at £210million - slightly less than the amount paid by American businessmen Tom Hicks and George Gillett Jnr to buy Liverpool, but Levy believes a London giant like Spurs is worth substantially more.

Spurs probably are worth more than Liverpool and, given their location in London, clearly have more potential to attract top players. No different to selling a house in London compared to a house on Liverpool.

If a picture speaks a thousand words, then I think that two things are abundantly clear from the image below: 1) that Taylor's dad is committed to NUFC, and therefore is likely to want his son to remain on the books here; and 2) that Taylor's dad is one step removed from being a certified Muppet (which many of us suspected after his initial comments to Anal Oliver):

http://sch.ci.lexington.ma.us/~drolfe/009D2DBB-0119ED2A.0/alf.jpg

On the other hand, there is an image which suggests that Taylor's dad just might be in secret negotiations with Rafa, and indeed that he's conducting those negotiations with a high degree of skill, authority, and assertion:

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/6/62/ALF.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice one.

Guest bluegeordie

Cheers Wullie, and what can I say, it was a slow day at the (home) office!

Oh, and for those too young (or too cultured) to know, the wannabe Muppet in the pictures is named Alf ... although I can neither confirm or deny whether his surname is Taylor :coolsmiley: 

Cheers Wullie, and what can I say, it was a slow day at the (home) office!

Oh, and for those too young (or too cultured) to know, the wannabe Muppet in the pictures is named Alf ... although I can neither confirm or deny whether his surname is Taylor :coolsmiley: 

Thanks. :blush:

Kids eh. :rolleyes:

cant believe how overrated Taylor is... reminds me of Phil Charnock of Liverpool; he played quite a few games, promises a lot but tbh, fans know he is very average.  Same as Taylor, plays many game not because he is good but due to the lack of good defenders.  A few heartful decent games highlighted by his pure passion and determination rather than ability and fans start rating him as a star.  I really hope he can turn out to be half as goods as Terry or Carragher but afraid that this overhype and him starting to believe he is star (just assumption only) will bring his downfall.

Spurs probably are worth more than Liverpool and, given their location in London, clearly have more potential to attract top players. No different to selling a house in London compared to a house on Liverpool.

Jesus f'ing crhist!, you have to be joking right?!... :frantic:

Agree with Ronaldo. Taylor is far from being a class act and a long way from being the complete player. The only thing in his favour is the position he plays, centre backs tend to mature a little later so maybe he has time..........................or maybe not

Taylor was an excellent prospect when he first broke through to play first team football, he's done well to play at the level which he has played considering what he's had around him at a time when he was supposed to be learning.

All in all, he’s done very well to have played with so many clowns and still come out of it looking like a footballer, at times he’s carried our defence.

Taylor was an excellent prospect when he first broke through to play first team football, he's done well to play at the level which he has played considering what he's had around him at a time when he was supposed to be learning.

All in all, he’s done very well to have played with so many clowns and still come out of it looking like a footballer, at times he’s carried our defence.

You referring to his debut at Bolton? http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/3553037.stm

He needs to stop the clangers tbh

The nonsense about who he played with could refer to any Newcastle centre back over the last 30 years. At least he and Bramble had Woodgate about for a little while. Both seem to share a fantastic ability to lose their man and drop the odd clanger. Neither are top drawer but both capable of the odd good game. Taylor has had HALF A SEASON playing reasonably well. I've certainly seen him waving his hands looking like he wants to marshall the defence while starjumping rather than picking up his man.

John Terry was Chelsea's player of the year when he was 21. I really don't understand where some people get the impression that he's only been good since he's been 23+.

Exactly the same with Woodgate and Campbell. People need to understand that just attempting to re-write history doesn't make it the case.

Taylor is a good centre back; but we've got better, and I trust Sam to replace him if he does go. However, I doubt anyone on here actually knows what he's being offered, so it's a bit of a pointless exercise until the club come out and say he's been transfer listed.