Euro 2008

Kev

What happened?

Cole knocked it on to him, 6 yards out at a slight angle with all the time in the world to slot it past the keeper, panics and hits in into the keeper's face, ball rebounds to him with the keeper on the floor I think and him being in exact same position still with enough time to slot it home, slices it high and wide.

No matter his fitness and what he says about match fitness being a myth, and the same still applies even if he scores a hattrick in the second half - hes still very rusty in front of goal by his own standards. Big Sam knows best, itll take a few months probably for him to get that sharpness back.

Goodness ... considering Owen is considered to be one of the best finishers in the world, his lack of a left foot is startling to say the least. Should have hit it with his left foot after making a bit of space for himself, instead he tries to play Cole in when he has the whole goal staring at him.

Guest optimistic nit

Goodness ... considering Owen is considered to be one of the best finishers in the world, his lack of a left foot is startling to say the least. Should have hit it with his left foot after making a bit of space for himself, instead he tries to play Cole in when he has the whole goal staring at him.

what are you talking about it was clearly a right foot chance. moving it onto his left foot would have given the defenders time to get back, and it wouldn't make it an easier chance.

what are you talking about it was clearly a right foot chance. moving it onto his left foot would have given the defenders time to get back, and it wouldn't make it an easier chance.

He's was talking about a different time ;)

Guest Gemmill

What happened?

Cole knocked it on to him, 6 yards out at a slight angle with all the time in the world to slot it past the keeper, panics and hits in into the keeper's face, ball rebounds to him with the keeper on the floor I think and him being in exact same position still with enough time to slot it home, slices it high and wide.

No matter his fitness and what he says about match fitness being a myth, and the same still applies even if he scores a hattrick in the second half - hes still very rusty in front of goal by his own standards. Big Sam knows best, itll take a few months probably for him to get that sharpness back.

Egg on your face! :lol:

What happened?

There would be if I hadnt included the "No matter his fitness and what he says about match fitness being a myth, and the same still applies even if he scores a hattrick in the second half".  ;D

Maybe Big Sam was wrong?  :cheesy:

Guest Gemmill

What happened?

There would be if I hadnt included the "No matter his fitness and what he says about match fitness being a myth, and the same still applies even if he scores a hattrick in the second half".  ;D

He looked rusty as fuck as the ball flew into the top corner like. ;)

Not having a go at you or anyone in particular here btw, but I do wonder whether people actually realise, setting all the injuries aside, how good a striker we have on our books.  All you tend to hear is people whining about him, but when properly fit he is absolute class.  The "I'd play Martins ahead of Owen" posse are looking stupider with every passing game.

What happened?

He looked rusty as f*** as the ball flew into the top corner like. ;)

Not having a go at you or anyone in particular here btw, but I do wonder whether people actually realise, setting all the injuries aside, how good a striker we have on our books.  All you tend to hear is people whining about him, but when properly fit he is absolute class.  The "I'd play Martins ahead of Owen" posse are looking stupider with every passing game.

Aye. But in all fairness, its easy to forget how good a player is when theyve been frequently injured over a long period.

Guest optimistic nit

Booing Bentley is pathetic

meh. i think its quite funny.

drop out of an england game and expect the consequences, if dyer said he couldn't be fucked to play for us what would you feel. Actually i didn't mind that he dropped out, and i understood why, but he has to accept the decision to put club before country will have affected his international prospects, and his perception by the fans. he made his decision, and he's left with the enevitable consequences.