Euro 2008

Kev

Guest optimistic nit

Booing Bentley is pathetic

meh. i think its quite funny.

drop out of an england game and expect the consequences, if dyer said he couldn't be fucked to play for us what would you feel. Actually i didn't mind that he dropped out, and i understood why, but he has to accept the decision to put club before country will have affected his international prospects, and his perception by the fans. he made his decision, and he's left with the enevitable consequences.

Guest optimistic nit

regarding linikers last line as tongue in cheek as it was if a newcastle fan said it we'd be getting the 'deluded geordies' line played at us and it would probably be mentioned in a couple of articles in the mail/telegraph to boot.

regarding linikers last line as tongue in cheek as it was if a newcastle fan said it we'd be getting the 'deluded geordies' line played at us and it would probably be mentioned in a couple of articles in the mail/telegraph to boot.

What did he say? Turned it off as soon as McLaren came on.

Guest optimistic nit

What did he say? Turned it off as soon as McLaren came on.

we're going to win euro 2008 (words to that effect). it was obviously tongue in cheek but newcastle fans have got stick in the past for saying stuff similar (and equally tongue in cheek).

Good performance. Owen's clearly still rusty, I don't believe he'll keep missing these chances as he plays more games, no matter what he says. His finishing is the only thing that he's come back missing, he's such a class act on the ball. Great goal though.

Bentley - I was stunned at the booing but well, he's made his bed and should lie in it. If he was too tired to do himself justice this summer, Blackburn are in the UEFA Cup and therefore he'll be even worse next summer when it's the European Championships, which means a lot more games - therefore he shouldn't be getting picked at all if he's not going to be able to play in those. Ashley Young's a better player and played for his country when asked, so he should have played today instead of Bentley.

Guest kingdawson

Getting beat by Latvia is poor, even by NI's old standards

What a goal by Faddy for Scotland btw :thup:

This guy imo is a very very talented footballer but very inconsistant. 

Getting beat by Latvia is poor, even by NI's old standards

What a goal by Faddy for Scotland btw :thup:

This guy imo is a very very talented footballer but very inconsistant. 

You're right, he's very frustrating.

Though to be fair I suppose he's never had a decent run of games up front for us.