Graeme Le Saux

Guest kingdawson

Homophobia is funnier than racism though.

Sums up some people on here that does

Baggio & Nobby disappeared before answering the comparison.

some of us work....your answer is there

Most of us do.  Perhaps now you can answer the question rather than avoiding it?

What question? i have answered it

How is sexuality a choice really?

you can choose

total bullshit, i know a lot of people who would love it if they could change their sexuality. Fair enough you can choose if you wana live a gay lifestyle, but you cant choose if your gay or not

Guest LucaAltieri

How is sexuality a choice really?

you can choose

Really? So I suppose historically all those gay men who struggled with the stigma chose that path rather than choosing to be straight. Bollocks really when you think about it.

Homophobia is funnier than racism though.

Sums up some people on here that does

Baggio & Nobby disappeared before answering the comparison.

some of us work....your answer is there

Most of us do.  Perhaps now you can answer the question rather than avoiding it?

What question? i have answered it

this question.  the one you haven't answered.

Would you class being racist as equally acceptable?

The argument that he should have just ignored it and got on with it is pretty unrealistic.

When it's just a group of team mates having a  bit of banter then maybe you could laugh it off but when it's stadiums full of hate-fueled opposing fans screaming homophobic insults at you twice a week, and members of the public yelling gay slurs at you when you're with your family i think it's pretty ridiculous to suggest that the guy should just toughen up.

The argument that he should have just ignored it and got on with it is pretty unrealistic.

When it's just a group of team mates having a  bit of banter then maybe you could laugh it off but when it's stadiums full of hate-fueled opposing fans screaming homophobic insults at you twice a week, and members of the public yelling gay slurs at you when you're with your family i think it's pretty ridiculous to suggest that the guy should just toughen up.

awww go and give him a hug then

Still not answering the question though are you Nobby?

Nobby blatantly hiding behind what he hopes is a macho persona in an effort to cover up his true feelings.  blueyes.gif Let it out dear, it's not like it used to be.  bluerazz.gif

Someone somewhere said that being gay is nothing to be shameful about, hence Graeme Le Saux shouldn't have reacted at all

Well, there is absolutely nothing embarrassing or shameful in playing FM, in learning a bit more about a player via fm just like learning a bit more about any player via paper, mate in the pub, forum posts etc.

So, should I just accept the accusations, and just say "Hi GeJon and Baggio the player judge duplets, I am not going to react to your comments directed at me, since I see no wrong in playing FM, and it doesn't matter if I do play FM or not"??

Maybe I should!

Someone somewhere said that being gay is nothing to be shameful about, hence Graeme Le Saux shouldn't have reacted at all

Well, there is absolutely nothing embarrassing or shameful in playing FM, in learning a bit more about a player via fm just like learning a bit more about any player via paper, mate in the pub, forum posts etc.

So, should I just accept the accusations, and just say "Hi GeJon and Baggio the player judge duplets, I am not going to react to your comments directed at me, since I see no wrong in playing FM, and it doesn't matter if I do play FM or not"??

Maybe I should!

go for it!

Today, if team mates picked on a player in such a way, and the club did nothing, couldn't the player resign, move to another club, and get his former club to pay out his entire contract on the basis of employment law?

It goes on every week in football up and down the country, the players with a brain smile and don't let it affect their game.

EXACTLY, WELL SAID!

Racism is different altogether, the point you seem to be missing is Le Saux isn't even gay.

Every week up and down the country football players are trying to wind each other up to get an advantage, Shearer done it to Keane, Materazzi done it to Zidane, by all accounts Bellamy done it to everyone, they want you to bite and I bet Fowler couldn't believe how easy it was to wind Le Saux up.

What was your opinion when thousands of people were singing "taxi for rockshots" at Jenas a few years back? Or the "Mido is a Peado" chants?

Real homophobia is wrong, however I wouldn't call what the likes of Fowler and Savage are saying to Le Saux as be anything of the sort, they know he touchy about the subject and are just winding him up about it to put him off his game.

Maybe I should!

:lol:

It goes on every week in football up and down the country, the players with a brain smile and don't let it affect their game.

EXACTLY, WELL SAID!

Racism is different altogether, the point you seem to be missing is Le Saux isn't even gay.

Every week up and down the country football players are trying to wind each other up to get an advantage, Shearer done it to Keane, Materazzi done it to Zidane, by all accounts Bellamy done it to everyone, they want you to bite and I bet Fowler couldn't believe how easy it was to wind Le Saux up.

What was your opinion when thousands of people were singing "taxi for rockshots" at Jenas a few years back? Or the "Mido is a Peado" chants?

Real homophobia is wrong, however I wouldn't call what the likes of Fowler and Savage are saying to Le Saux as be anything of the sort, they know he touchy about the subject and are just winding him up about it to put him off his game.

Load of crap again.  The only person missing the point here is you, as whether Le Saux is gay or not is immaterial to the argument.

Your stance that its OK for Fowler to throw around homophobic statements "because Le saux isn't gay" just shows you up to be as ignorant as Fowler himself I'm afraid.  Its like saying its OK to tell racist jokes so long as you don't tell them to black people.

EXACTLY, WELL SAID!

Load of crap again.  The only person missing the point here is you, as whether Le Saux is gay or not is immaterial to the argument.

Your stance that its OK for Fowler to throw around homophobic statements "because Le saux isn't gay" just shows you up to be as ignorant as Fowler himself I'm afraid.  Its like saying its OK to tell racist jokes so long as you don't tell them to black people.

To start with I didn't say it was ok, I said I didn't find it homophobic and questioned why a straight married man would kick off and make such a big deal over it.

Btw you didn't answer this...What was your opinion when thousands of people were singing "taxi for rockshots" at Jenas a few years back? Or the "Mido is a Peado" chants?

EXACTLY, WELL SAID!

No your missing the point actually. The piss-taking started when he made the step up in 91, he was young and a bit different so he got some stick. If he'd had any sense about hime he would have laughed and taken the piss back. He didnt, he obviously acted like a cock and hence the problem started. It went on for years and the game with Fowler was in 99, a full eight years later of him being wound up about it. Not sure you had the time period over which this occurred clear in your head. The Fowler incident was the culmination of his twattishness.

EXACTLY, WELL SAID!

No your missing the point actually. The piss-taking started when he made the step up in 91, he was young and a bit different so he got some stick. If he'd had any sense about hime he would have laughed and taken the piss back. He didnt, he obviously acted like a cock and hence the problem started. It went on for years and the game with Fowler was in 99, a full eight years later of him being wound up about it. Not sure you had the time period over which this occurred clear in your head. The Fowler incident was the culmination of his twattishness.

pat nevin used to take the piss out of le saux because le saux was a fake (acting the bookish,broadsheet arty type and not being able to back it up)

Guest kingdawson

tbh i do have a bit of sympathy for Le Saux BUT one thing i cant stand is when people try and compare homophobia to racism when there nothing alike.