Benny Benitez: Parky 6 Benny 2 (Benitez watch.). Inter sack the waiter.

Parky

SSN now: Kenny Huang "completely abandons" plans to buy Liverpool, but remains an interest in buying an English club.

Please God!

SSN now: Kenny Huang "completely abandons" plans to buy Liverpool, but remains an interest in buying an English club.

Please God!

Grass isn't always greener. I'd rather stick with Ashley for the rest of the season than have any upheaval and unsettling rumours of a takeover, especially since the window is about to close and money won't have any effect for a few months anyway.

Plus what do we know about this guy? Probably another Asian businessman who pretends to want to buy an English club to raise his profile across the globe only to never actually make a bid.

• 4 weeks later...

Beeb...

Rafael Benitez criticises Liverpool board

Rafael Benitez

Liverpool finished seventh in Benitez's last season in charge

Inter Milan manager Rafael Benitez has launched an attack on the hierarchy at former club Liverpool.

Benitez had a strained relationship with the boardroom at Anfield and left in the summer to join the Italian club.

"The last year at Liverpool I had directors who knew nothing about soccer and you couldn't talk about soccer with them," the 50-year-old Spaniard said.

"My relationship with [inter Milan] president Massimo Moratti is good, he is a man who knows his soccer."

Benitez took over at Liverpool in June 2004 and led them to Champions League glory in 2005 and an FA Cup victory in 2006.

606: DEBATE

What are your thoughts on Benitez's comments?

But the Premier League title eluded him and he could only lead the Reds to seventh in the top flight last season, meaning that they missed out on a lucrative place in the Champions League.

By the end of his tenure in June, Benitez appeared to have become frustrated at the lack of funds to bring in players with the club heavily in debt under the co-ownership of Americans Tom Hicks and George Gillett.

Benitez did not name names but Hicks, Gillett, club chairman Martin Broughton, managing director Christian Purslow and commercial director Ian Ayre sit on the club's five-man board.

Hicks and Gillett, who bought the Reds in February 2007, have angered many Liverpool fans with the way in which they have run the club.

And, although they have put the Merseysiders up for sale, no buyer has yet been found.

Broughton was hired to oversee the sale process in April 2010, with his arrival being at the request of Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) as a condition for them extending a loan to Hicks and Gillett for a further six months.

However, a refinancing deadline of the club's £237.4m debt with RBS is approaching, with Hicks attempting to gain sole control of the club.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sky Sports News understands Rafa Benitez has been sacked from his post as Inter Milan manager after just six months in charge.

The former Liverpool boss was only appointed by the Serie A giants in the summer but has failed to impress during his time in Italy.

Benitez was handed the unenviable task of following in the footsteps of Jose Mourinho after the former Chelsea chief secured an unprecedented treble of the UEFA Champions League, Serie A and Coppa Italia titles.

The 50-year-old has seen his side struggle in league action this season and they are currently seventh in the Serie A standings, 13 points adrift of leaders AC Milan, although they do have two games in hand.."

Benitez will do very well at Inter, sadly.

Delusional

Your mother is delusional. This forum suffers the consequences every single day.

He's been very unlucky at Inter. Still a top manager who'll prove it down the line.

Guest neesy111

Delusional

Your mother is delusional. This forum suffers the consequences every single day.

He's been very unlucky at Inter. Still a top manager who'll prove it down the line.

:no:

Delusional

I think your problem is with me not my mother. I Expect no less from an idiot like you...

Delusional

:lol:

MILAN - Massimo Moratti gave a brief interview to the journalists that were waiting for him outside the Saras offices in the centre of Milan.

Inter.it brings you the full comments of the Nerazzurri president:

Mr president, we were wondering who you were going to lunch with?

"Don't worry. I'm going home."

Therefore we shouldn't expect Benitez's sacking today?

"Nothing should be expected. I swear to you I have not had the means to speak to anyone."

Is it true Inter are working to rescind Benitez's contract?

"No. We are trying to understand some things. This situation is a bit tricky. What happened was quite surprising. It is clear therefore, that we are looking at it from every angle."

Guest neesy111

MILAN - Massimo Moratti gave a brief interview to the journalists that were waiting for him outside the Saras offices in the centre of Milan.

Inter.it brings you the full comments of the Nerazzurri president:

Mr president, we were wondering who you were going to lunch with?

"Don't worry. I'm going home."

Therefore we shouldn't expect Benitez's sacking today?

"Nothing should be expected. I swear to you I have not had the means to speak to anyone."

Is it true Inter are working to rescind Benitez's contract?

"No. We are trying to understand some things. This situation is a bit tricky. What happened was quite surprising. It is clear therefore, that we are looking at it from every angle."

Have to say those comments do look like the swap of Mourinho and Benitez could be on for me.