Benny Benitez: Parky 6 Benny 2 (Benitez watch.). Inter sack the waiter.

Parky

I've not really paid much attention to the situation but are there really Liverpool fans calling for Benitez' head?

The other week there were a succession of people ringing 606 saying it's a myth that most are behind him tbh.

I've not really paid much attention to the situation but are there really Liverpool fans calling for Benitez' head?

The other week there were a succession of people ringing 606 saying it's a myth that most are behind him tbh.

Oh dear. First sign of trouble and some want him out?

Guest Knightrider

I think your 'grief' came from booing a manager who'd only been in the job 5 minutes.

Shows how little people understand then. The performances were being booed, the decisions, the situation. That doesn't equate to "NUFC fans want Big Sam out after 5 minutes". If anything he enjoyed more support than not and away fans always sang his name. People were shocked when he was sacked and many wondered whether it was the right thing to do.

I think your 'grief' came from booing a manager who'd only been in the job 5 minutes.

Shows how little people understand then. The performances were being booed, the decisions, the situation. That doesn't equate to "NUFC fans want Big Sam out after 5 minutes". If anything he enjoyed more support than not and away fans always sang his name. People were shocked when he was sacked and many wondered whether it was the right thing to do.

the away fans turned at wigan. and if this forum can be used as a gauge around half wanted him out and lots of the remainder wanted him gone in the summer

Shows how little people understand then. The performances were being booed, the decisions, the situation. That doesn't equate to "NUFC fans want Big Sam out after 5 minutes". if anything he enjoyed more support than not and away fans always sang his name. People were shocked when he was sacked and many wondered whether it was the right thing to do.

You must have been going ot different games to me.

No, not the first sign.

No, not the first sign.

First real, real sign, then? I know he's made mistakes in the past and that but it only seems to be the last few months where he has really been questioned by some.

No, not the first sign.

First real, real sign, then? I know he's made mistakes in the past and that but it only seems to be the last few months where he has really been questioned by some.

Not the first real sign either, no. They aren;t being fickle, particularly, if that was what you were driving at.

No, not the first sign.

Not the first real sign either, no. They aren;t being fickle, particularly, if that was what you were driving at.

Wasn't exactly. I just find it strange from an NUFC-fan perspective is all.

No, not the first sign.

Wasn't exactly. I just find it strange from an NUFC-fan perspective is all.

There have been murmerings from Red Shite fans for a while, as Benitez hs shown himself to be more and more stubborn, entrenched and seemingly obsessed with proving the viability of a (failing) rotation system. He's also used the media to cintinue his spat with his bosses (Shite fans are very precious about not washing their dirty linen in public), and apparently lost the dressing room to an alarming degree.

I did smile when I read 1 letter on Sky Sports text when a Liverpool complained that its going to be "another" trophyless season. Fucking hell they really dont know they're born do they.

Fair to say that Liverpool fans never have to wait for more than 3/4 years before another trophy comes along - regardless of who is the manager.

There was an interesting piece from Tony Cascarino in the Times yesterday. He said that Benitez had always preferred to keep his distance from the players, and now that he was in trouble, he was trying to get more pally. His insinuation was that the players weren't having any of it.

Guest Slippery Sam

The thing I love about Liverpool fans is the antipathy the scousers have for Liverpool supporters who don't come from Liverpool. The true scouser thinks that the only opinion about their club which is relevant is there own and 'outsider's' views are worthless.

The scouser is currently stuck in a difficult situation (like seeing a car with nice wheels but no nearby bricks to leave the car sitting on!) because they are fuming at Benitez yet they are caught up in this bullshit about traditionally backing their managers, but are desperate to slag him off. Loving it mackems.gif

The thing I love about Liverpool fans is the antipathy the scousers have for Liverpool supporters who don't come from Liverpool. The true scouser thinks that the only opinion about their club which is relevant is there own and 'outsider's' views are worthless.

The scouser is currently stuck in a difficult situation (like seeing a car with nice wheels but no nearby bricks to leave the car sitting on!) because they are fuming at Benitez yet they are caught up in this bullshit about traditionally backing their managers, but are desperate to slag him off. Loving it mackems.gif

They're actually right about that.

They're actually right about that.

How are they?