Benny Benitez: Parky 6 Benny 2 (Benitez watch.). Inter sack the waiter.

Parky

People should be comparing Liverpool to Arsenal. No differance in quality of squad and Liv have a better defence and better keeper.

The main problem I've found in my study of Benny is he keeps the full backs too chained.

Guest Mcdonald36

Liverpool are simply not good enough.

I love these emphatic statements.

They have one of the best defences in the league, arguably the best midfield, and one of the most potent strikers in the league. They are good enough, at least to put in a credible challenge, but as people have said, the manager and his bizarre methods get in the way.

Liverpool are simply not good enough.

I love these emphatic statements.

They have one of the best defences in the league, arguably the best midfield, and one of the most potent strikers in the league. They are good enough, at least to put in a credible challenge, but as people have said, the manager and his bizarre methods get in the way.

They've had to play the aging Hypia alot this season because of injuries to Agger.

A brilliant centre of midfield but the midfield lacks creativity. Benayoun & Babel are very good players but I don't think they'd get in any of the other top 3 teams. Voronin and Kuyt aren't good enough. Take way Torres and you wonder where the goals are coming from.

People should be comparing Liverpool to Arsenal. No differance in quality of squad and Liv have a better defence and better keeper.

The main problem I've found in my study of Benny is he keeps the full backs too chained.

Wow .. I would have Arsenal's defence over Liverpools anyday.

Kolo, Gallas, Sagna and Clichy? Yes please.

Guest Mcdonald36

Mourinho would get that Liverpool side involved in the title race, which is something Benitez isn't doing.

I don't disagree with that ;)

Some serious back-tracking from a certain poster after first saying he'd win them the title.

Serious backtracking?

You really are sad, desperate troll aren't you?

No ducks at the park?

And Man United's and Chelsea's to be fair

And Man United's and Chelsea's to be fair

...I'm making a point of not comparing them to ManU and Chelsea.

Liv and Arsenal have a similar type of squad...ManU squad this year is in another league.

Chelsea have faltered but they have a new manager and are buying again.

Oh and Kaka...Arsenal have conceded 17 goals and Liv 14. bluerazz.gif

Massive support for Rafa in the stands tonight. I suppose it's the American's fault they've failed to mount a title challenge :lol:

:lol:

Well this is Rafa's angle. He has to be allowed to spend wildly and continuously and still be outside the top 4. lol

Not sure what's going on with the debt, but some of the recent figures looked a little crazy.

Liverpool co-owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett are thought to have completed their refinancing deal to retain control of the club.

The Americans have reportedly finalised terms on a new £350million loan and are expected to make a formal announcement shortly.

The £350million will be used to repay the money Hicks and Gillett initially borrowed to buy the club last year, as well as purchasing new players like Fernando Torres in the summer.

The remaining £60million will go towards the club's new stadium at Stanley Park, revised plans for which will be unveiled shortly, according to The Times.

The good news for the club and the fans is that not all of the new debt will be placed on the club, as previously thought.

The Guardian reports that £105million will be saddled on the club, and with £60million of that allocated for new stadium costs, the working capital debt will stand at around £45million.

The remaining debt will be spread between Hicks and Gillett's holding company 'Kop Investment', and the Americans themselves.

Guest sittingontheball

theres a good thread on here about Hicks and Gillett taking millions away from the club already

It sounds like Ashley's become one of us and their two have become Scousers!

They're probably only building the stadium because they think the taxpayer will pay for it. Its how every sports stadium in the US of A gets built. Corporate welfare.

Guest criminalz

PLease please rafa dun go..plse..

we need him around to constantly laugh at liverfool. I need that good "This is going to be our year" tagline.

come on..with him around, it will make it easier for other teams to get the 4th spot. manure and chelski will always buy their way of out trouble, arse will unleash some new youngster every year and only liverfool is the team going crazy.

I support the save rafa campaign..

theres a good thread on here about Hicks and Gillett taking millions away from the club already

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=207977.0

"Liverpool is a great economic model. People are worried that I might take money away from the Rangers to go to Liverpool. It's just the reverse. Liverpool is going to pull off lots of extra money that, if I choose, I can use for the Rangers or the Stars."

I read somewhere that when Gillette took out a loan to fund a new stadium in Montreal, he paid himself a dividend of $72m.

Uh-Oh.

• 4 weeks later...

ZING!

/

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/Smileys/Lots_O_Smileys/icon_lol.gif