Benny Benitez: Parky 6 Benny 2 (Benitez watch.). Inter sack the waiter.

Parky

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/merseyside/7376584.stm

City 'deprived' in culture year 

An "action plan" has been outlined to improve the city's health

Liverpool is still the most deprived place in England despite attracting millions of pounds of investment, according to a new report.

The study was carried out by the Health is Wealth Commission set up by the University of Liverpool.

Researchers ranked Liverpool as the most deprived city region out of 354 towns and cities across England.

Their report said that while the city celebrates its culture year, many people struggle on state benefits.

Liverpool and its surrounding area, according to the study, has "an invisible army of people disconnected and cut off from the opportunities created on their own streets, with lives cut short through inequality and deprivation

:coolsmiley:

• 9 months later...
Guest Heneage

His side dosn't really look  convincing on paper, expecting them to lose against Madrid today.

Be alright there playing on grass tonight I think.

Put Sky Sports News on..

Best not, that detestable mong who on transfer dealine day claims that players, managers etc text him is on.

'Two phones' Burton?

Yeah, im surprised he didnt say "Stephen Gerrard rang me this morning to ask if Rafa was still boss, but luckily enough Rafa himself facebooked me this morning to let me know he is staying."

Betting suspended at Will Hill.

http://www.williamhillmedia.com/index_template.asp?file=11912

William Hill have been forced to suspend their betting on the next Premiership manager to go after Rafa Benitez was backed off the boards by Hill's customers to be the ninth manager to go.

At 5pm on Tuesday night Rafa Benitez was a 20/1 outsider to be the next manager to go and despite Man Utd & Arsenal playing in the Champions League Hills were flooded with calls for Rafa to leave his post by the weekend. Hills cut the price all the way in to Evens and suspended betting at 9.30 this morning.

"We are slightly jumpy after being turned over by the recent 'Weymouth coup' but the level of interest on Rafa getting the sack is unprecedented with over 300 calls logged today alone. We would be very surprised if Rafa is still the Liverpool boss by midnight on Sunday," said Hill's spokesman Rupert Adams.

Betting suspended at Will Hill.

http://www.williamhillmedia.com/index_template.asp?file=11912

William Hill have been forced to suspend their betting on the next Premiership manager to go after Rafa Benitez was backed off the boards by Hill's customers to be the ninth manager to go.

At 5pm on Tuesday night Rafa Benitez was a 20/1 outsider to be the next manager to go and despite Man Utd & Arsenal playing in the Champions League Hills were flooded with calls for Rafa to leave his post by the weekend. Hills cut the price all the way in to Evens and suspended betting at 9.30 this morning.

"We are slightly jumpy after being turned over by the recent 'Weymouth coup' but the level of interest on Rafa getting the sack is unprecedented with over 300 calls logged today alone. We would be very surprised if Rafa is still the Liverpool boss by midnight on Sunday," said Hill's spokesman Rupert Adams.

As an aside, why the fuck are they gettng arsey about the Weymouth situation? It was well known Weymouth were in the shit and something like this could happen (amongst Weymouth fans and other BSP supporters anyway) but they missed out on the info because they weren't pay enough attnetion. Simple as.

Looks like Benitez will be staying then.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_4980203,00.html

Liverpool have confirmed that chief executive Rick Parry will leave the club at the end of the season.

Parry will remain at Anfield until the climax of the campaign so that the Reds, who are set to initiate a search for a successor, are able to allow for a smooth transition process.

Speculation has suggested that Parry's stay on Merseyside, which began in 1997, has been in doubt for a number of weeks following reports of an ongoing row with the club's Spanish manager Rafa Benitez.

It is understood the pair have failed to see eye-to-eye over the club's transfer policy and academy recruitment plans, with Benitez - who guided his team to a UEFA Champions League victory at Real Madrid on Wednesday - thought to be looking for full control.

And Benitez now appears to have won the power battle, with co-owner Tom Hicks telling the club's official website: "Rick's commitment to Liverpool football club is epitomised by his desire to ensure that this transitional period is managed efficiently and we are grateful to him for his help. He will always remain a friend of the football club."

Fellow co-owner George Gillett added: "I would like to thank Rick for his significant service to the club and the assistance he has given us since we joined Liverpool.

"He has been integral to the club's success over the past decade and leaves with our best wishes for the future."

Parry said: "I have had 12 very exciting years at Liverpool and am extremely proud of what has been achieved by the club over that period.

"The victory in Madrid was a wonderful reminder of the many high points we have experienced and adds to the moments that make Liverpool and its magnificent fans so special.

"It has been a privilege to serve the club and as a lifelong supporter I wish the owners, Rafa, the players and the wonderful staff all the very best for the future.

"I will be leaving at the end of the season knowing that the club remains strong and with a set of supporters who deserve success in all that Liverpool does."

Guest Stephen927

I wouldn't be so sure. Parry has a good working relationship with Benetiz, if anything it'll stop Benetiz signing a new deal if the club can't be sold.

I wouldn't be so sure. Parry has a good working relationship with Benetiz, if anything it'll stop Benetiz signing a new deal if the club can't be sold.

Not what's been reported recently.

The Keane deal (incoming) was apparently brokered by Parry & opposed by Benitez, hence why Benitez never played him.  The Keane deal (outgoing) was opposed by Parry but wanted by Benitez.

There's been an ongoing power struggle at the club over who has control over transfers for a while now.

So they've established that the personalities and/or the system isn't working and are going about working to solve the issues sensibly, whilst managing to keep the single most important man at the club in place.

Sounds good.