Benny Benitez: Parky 6 Benny 2 (Benitez watch.). Inter sack the waiter.

Parky

It's 1-0 to Benetiz and it always will be, given that the thread was started 3 years ago and he's still there.

Spent loads done nowt. I have full vindication.

aye, like HTT's claim of a recession coming. say some things long enough and they will come true.

i confidently predict that chelsea wont be able to keep on going as they are and the lib-con pact wont last.

It's 1-0 to Benetiz and it always will be, given that the thread was started 3 years ago and he's still there.

aye, like HTT's claim of a recession coming. say some things long enough and they will come true.

i confidently predict that chelsea wont be able to keep on going as they are and the lib-con pact wont last.

Theo Walcott will retire from football, you heard it here first.

from tony Barretts piece in the times on fight for soul of liverpool

The first conundrum is: who in their right mind would take the Liverpool job? It used to be one of the greatest positions in English football, but now a manager would have to be prepared to take on the running of a club riddled with debt, that are for sale, that have no significant transfer budget, a squad in need of an overhaul, and where the only certainty is endemic uncertainty.

sounds like us last summer

What odds on a 'Why we have a pretty good chance of finishing above Liverpool next season' thread?

well on that subject.........................................

Nailed on to appear on RTG, and they'll all agree

Sammy Lee, the current assistant manager of the Reds, will step in as a caretaker in the short-term, until a replacement is announced, with the club hoping to find a successor in the next few weeks.

I hope they don't find anyone

Not quite the same is it? The amount of jizzing when he took over, tactical genuius and all that...I was a lone voice in the wilderness.  :snod:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Liverpool should try for Pellegrini if they can.

Martin O'Neill the favourite?  :doh:

He's the name thats been sounded around Liverpool for about 3 months now, at least from one person I've talked to.

How is it 5-2? Didn't Parky predict him for the chop in Summer 07?

:laugh:

Well it takes time to fail when you spend 100m and the club can't afford to sack you. Seems they have bit the bullet at last. Too defensive and too enamoured with crap Spanish players. The worst thing about all this is I'm going to have to find a new target.  :laugh2:

MON would be a fantastic appointment for Liverpool unfortunately.

It certainly would be the right manager at the right time. Please don't let it happen.

im not so sure. I think Hodgson would be a far better appointment.

Are the Liverpool fans stupid? Lack of investment? He has spent shed loads, mainly on crap.

£110m in his time there. (Net, obviously)

Only City and Chelsea have spent more over the same time period.  :cheesy:

MON would be a fantastic appointment for Liverpool unfortunately.

It certainly would be the right manager at the right time. Please don't let it happen.

im not so sure. I think Hodgson would be a far better appointment.

Hodgson has found his limit, he'd be daft to move, he wouldn't cope with the jump up. MON would be able to do so.

For all i like Hodgson the season just gone will be the tidemark of his career with a prem team.

Are the Liverpool fans stupid? Lack of investment? He has spent shed loads, mainly on crap.

I wasn't sure of the figures but that's a massive amount.

A decent manager with any idea of the market would have had them challenging.

I wasn't sure of the figures but that's a massive amount.

A decent manager with any idea of the market would have had them challenging.

He's only really had one real tilt at the title in his time there and has finished about 20-odd points behind the eventual winners a few times....

Not a great record really considering the cash he's had to spend. 

Guest neesy111

liverpool are worse than when he came in (they we're 4th and in the champions league when gerard houlier left)

He's spent £100m, and failed to beat sides that have spent much more.

Hardly grounds to condemn his choice of transfers to such an extent.

Up until the latest accounts he's spent £2M less per year than Chelsea net. From season 04/05 to 08/09.

£6M less per year than Man Utd net spend. £13M more than Arsenal net spend. It's not like he hasn't had money to burn.

He's spent £100m, and failed to beat sides that have spent much more.

Hardly grounds to condemn his choice of transfers to such an extent.

I dunno, he's lived of the reputation for winning the CL with a squad 90% someone else's, the more he's changed it the further away you've gone from repeating that.