Look out! little mickey's back just in time for England! Will he return fit?

Guest NUFC4
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Micktoon

Can someone please explain to me what Owen has done to piss off so many. The guy broke a bone in his foot then done his cruciate, both freak injuries that could happen to anyone.

He and Rooney are the only two world class English strikers and he plays for us. I couldn't give a flying how much he gets paid, thats football.

He's not a Yank and therefore should not be required to pledge allegiance to the flag(Geordie one) every five minutes.

I also forgot his other crime, the fact that he wants to play for England, fancy that eh. An Englishman wanting to play for England.

Bottom line is,  he is a world class striker with a proven record and he plays for us. Those who say we should flog him and replace him with Anelka should really have a bloody reality check.

Those who say we should flog him and replace him with Anelka should really have a bloody reality check.

I'd take that swap in an absolute heartbeat.

Owen's great, on the extreme odd occasion that he actually plays regularly. You can be an eternal optimist and hope that his injury problems are just gonna magically disappear, but they just aren't.

Anelka is also a lot better suited to the system our manager seems intent on playing and won't simply drain wages from our club for the next 18 months before leaving on a free, like Owen.

Owen taken off and claps all sides of the ground. Last week he refused to celebrate and cupper his ear to the Gallowgate....

:shifty:

speaks volumes....

and the sad fact is that the england wembley crowd are possible the worse around and if he has 4/5 bad games on the trot, they will be right on his back

Owen, and the fucking press, give the impression that he has no supporters in Newcastle at all when the reality is so much different.

Guest Micktoon

Those who say we should flog him and replace him with Anelka should really have a bloody reality check.

Owen's great, on the extreme odd occasion that he actually plays regularly. You can be an eternal optimist and hope that his injury problems are just gonna magically disappear, but they just aren't.

Anelka is also a lot better suited to the system our manager seems intent on playing and won't simply drain wages from our club for the next 18 months before leaving on a free, like Owen.

Yeah thats right I forgot Anelka is well renowned for his loyality and has never moved on for financial gain.

Guest Micktoon

I g

Owen taken off and claps all sides of the ground. Last week he refused to celebrate and cupper his ear to the Gallowgate....

I give in.....let sjust play Shola, at least he is loyal???

Yeah thats right I forgot Anelka is well renowned for his loyality and has never moved on for financial gain.

So what's the point? We swap one selfish twat for another?

Did you miss the parts about him suiting our system and not being an absolute crock?

So am i right in thinking that if Owen went on to play, what, 30 games in a row for us, scored 20 goals people would still want him out because they think he doesnt want to be here?

That's the point though... he won't ever do that.

So am i right in thinking that if Owen went on to play, what, 30 games in a row for us, scored 20 goals people would still want him out because they think he doesnt want to be here?

Moot point really, due to the impossibility of the scenario.

ok, but lets not avoid the question by saying it wont ever happen. If he did, would all you anti-Owen supporters want him out?

ok, but lets not avoid the question by saying it wont ever happen. If he did, would all you anti-Owen supporters want him out?

Well yes let's avoid the question, it's a silly one. Like asking: if we had won the title with Souness would all the fans still have wanted him out?

Well yes let's avoid the question, it's a silly one. Like asking: if we had won the title with Souness would all the fans still have wanted him out?

Not at all. Owen could potentially 30 games, unlikely, but could. He's saying he's the fittest he has ever felt, and he's scoring goals for club and Country.

Yeah, then he said he needed an operation and had been carrying it for weeks. :lol:

Realistically he has had a groin prob since April that he picked up during his rehab, should have been assessed over the summer.

Like most players getting subbed in home game he clapped the fans who stood up & clapped him. I think he cuppered his ear in regards to the situation rather than people like me in the Gallowgate.

I think our supporters are behaving like a jealous girlfriend with regards to Owen.  We keep begging to be told how much he loves us and when it doesn't come, we then start to protect ourselves for the inevitable separation by saying, well we never really cared about you anyway.

The problem is that he has played so little for us that there has never been an opportunity for him to build a relationship with the fans.

The constant press speculation doesn't help and I personally don't know anyone who wants Owen to leave so I don't know where all these stories are coming from.  I am aware that there are always a few who seem to have a warped view and who would even think Kaka isn't good enough for us.    The trouble is the media seem to be on a mission to get Owen to a more favoured club so if something is repeated often enough it becomes accepted fact even if there is no truth in it.

I think he is a class player - and there is so much more to his game than I appreciated before he joined us.  I think we are likely to achieve much more with him in the team than without.

I hope he can stay fit but we have good enough replacements for when he is injured.

I think our supporters are behaving like a jealous girlfriend with regards to Owen.  We keep begging to be told how much he loves us and when it doesn't come, we then start to protect ourselves for the inevitable separation by saying, well we never really cared about you anyway.

The problem is that he has played so little for us that there has never been an opportunity for him to build a relationship with the fans.

The constant press speculation doesn't help and I personally don't know anyone who wants Owen to leave so I don't know where all these stories are coming from.  I am aware that there are always a few who seem to have a warped view and who would even think Kaka isn't good enough for us.    The trouble is the media seem to be on a mission to get Owen to a more favoured club so if something is repeated often enough it becomes accepted fact even if there is no truth in it.

I think he is a class player - and there is so much more to his game than I appreciated before he joined us.  I think we are likely to achieve much more with him in the team than without.

I hope he can stay fit but we have good enough replacements for when he is injured.

gtreat post.

If he doesn't play the next 2 games for newcastle then realistically its over for him in terms of any kind of relationship with the club or its supporters. If he wants to put his money where his mouth is then he simply has to stay fit for the next couple of games. Even if he gets a genuine injury I sadly don't think a lot of NUFC fans will ever believe he wants to play for us which is a shame. I think the next 2 games are crucial for Owen's NUFC career.

If he doesn't play the next 2 games for newcastle then realistically its over for him in terms of any kind of relationship with the club or its supporters. If he wants to put his money where his mouth is then he simply has to stay fit for the next couple of games. Even if he gets a genuine injury I sadly don't think a lot of NUFC fans will ever believe he wants to play for us which is a shame. I think the next 2 games are crucial for Owen's NUFC career.

He needs to be playing the next 10-20