Would you want Mourinho here?

stozo

Guest Knightrider

Mourinho would be found out here. At Newcastle United he'd have to manage the entire club and not just the team which is what he did at Chelsea and Porto, and I don't think he has the temperament or patience for that. He would make a great England manager though and if I were the FA I'd be making a deal with him right now to take over once the finals qualification is achieved.

As to the question, no I wouldn't. We have made our appointment and have to see it through. Stupid thread.

Managers who get fired often do crazy things in the aftermath, like joining clubs they really shouldn't be. Largely motivated by the desire to get back at their former employers.

Pardew was a good example last season.

So I wouldn't say it would be impossible for us to get him here, were never going to fire Allardyce though.

I will go against the majority here and say no.

He doesn't seem like the easiest bloke to get on with if he has problems and I don't think he would be here for the long haul if a bigger club came in.

Some people also seem to forgot that Chelsea haven't exactly been the most attractive club in the league since he arrived despite spending vast sums of money. I doubt his football would be any more attractive than Allardyces if he had spent the same.

After the s*** this club has gone through over the last few years this thread really is proof that some fans need to get their heads out of their arse. Anyone expecting us to instantly play winning attractive football as soon as Allardyce came in is deluded!

I am more than happy for us to go along as we are building solid foundations and then see where we go from there. This summer we have rebuilt a squad and gotten to a point when in the next transfer window or two we can actually afford to go out and put all our eggs in one basket. Allardyce has done what we have all been moaning about for years and not just gone the easy route to try and please the simple fan. We were never going to fix everything all in one go but for me we have done wonders this pre-season/season so far.

Ya exactly and hes done whatever good managers do....build from the back!Which we badly needed!I fully expect we will get a playmaker in January as well!

But in saying all that you cant turn down Jose.....5 trophys in 3 years!

Although I do think he is a top manager you also surely have to take into account how much he has spent.

As others have said, one bad result and look at the kneejerk :lol:

Big clubs spend big money with the aim of winning things, None of Mourinho, Rafa and Copello play attractive football but does anyone really care when they've got the trophies to show for it at the end of the season?

You seem to be overlooking that he won both the Uefa cup and the Champions League at Porto spending next to nothing, he's simply a top coach and light years ahead of Allardyce.

What Allardyce did at Bolton was an absolutely fantastic achievement but as he didn't when any medals with a tin pot club (when he took over) its all overlooked.

I did say Mourinho is a top manager but do you honestly believe if he went to Chelsea when he did but wasn't given any funds to spend he would have won the league 2 seasons in a row? I don't.

I will go against the majority here and say no.

He doesn't seem like the easiest bloke to get on with if he has problems and I don't think he would be here for the long haul if a bigger club came in.

Some people also seem to forgot that Chelsea haven't exactly been the most attractive club in the league since he arrived despite spending vast sums of money. I doubt his football would be any more attractive than Allardyces if he had spent the same.

After the s*** this club has gone through over the last few years this thread really is proof that some fans need to get their heads out of their arse. Anyone expecting us to instantly play winning attractive football as soon as Allardyce came in is deluded!

I am more than happy for us to go along as we are building solid foundations and then see where we go from there. This summer we have rebuilt a squad and gotten to a point when in the next transfer window or two we can actually afford to go out and put all our eggs in one basket. Allardyce has done what we have all been moaning about for years and not just gone the easy route to try and please the simple fan. We were never going to fix everything all in one go but for me we have done wonders this pre-season/season so far.

Ya exactly and hes done whatever good managers do....build from the back!Which we badly needed!I fully expect we will get a playmaker in January as well!

But in saying all that you cant turn down Jose.....5 trophys in 3 years!

Although I do think he is a top manager you also surely have to take into account how much he has spent.

As others have said, one bad result and look at the kneejerk :lol:

Big clubs spend big money with the aim of winning things, None of Mourinho, Rafa and Copello play attractive football but does anyone really care when they've got the trophies to show for it at the end of the season?

You seem to be overlooking that he won both the Uefa cup and the Champions League at Porto spending next to nothing, he's simply a top coach and light years ahead of Allardyce.

What Allardyce did at Bolton was an absolutely fantastic achievement but as he didn't when any medals with a tin pot club (when he took over) its all overlooked.

I did say Mourinho is a top manager but do you honestly believe if he went to Chelsea when he did but wasn't given any funds to spend he would have won the league 2 seasons in a row? I don't.

I doubt he would either because the amount of money in the game means you have to spend if you want success, however he would have built just as good of a team if he had been given the same sort of cash that Liverpool, Arsenal and Newcastle have spent in recent seasons.

Allardyce done a good job at Bolton with what he had which was based around playing a physical style and making the team hard to beat, Mourinho on the other hand went out and won the biggest club competition in the World with a similar budget, the really can't be compared as they're that far apart in ability.

Allarydyce done an absolutely fantastic job at Bolton.

Which took him 8 years to take them up a division and make them a consistent top 8 team, over the top saying it's an absolutely fantastic achievement although he did do well to achieve what he did, most Bolton fans regard Rioch as a better manager for them in terms of what he done for the club and the football they played, he was another manager who done well at a smaller club but got  found out when he made the step up.

The stakes are different now for Allardyce, he's at a bigger club and results are expected pretty much from the off, the level of expectation on him is huge and early signs are not promising, if we fail to qualify for Europe he'll be sacked IMO.

Guest Knightrider

Which took him 8 years to take them up a division and make them a consistent top 8 team, over the top saying it's an absolutely fantastic achievement although he did do well to achieve what he did, most Bolton fans regard Rioch as a better manager for them in terms of what he done for the club and the football they played, he was another manager who done well at a smaller club but got  found out when he made the step up.

The stakes are different now for Allardyce, he's at a bigger club and results are expected pretty much from the off, the level of expectation on him is huge and early signs are not promising, if we fail to qualify for Europe he'll be sacked IMO.

We will see how long they last in the Premiership without him. He didn't just take them up and keep them there, he transformed every aspect of that club on and off the field, his time at Bolton could be likened to KK's here at Newcastle, only without the cash and big scale of it all. Could Mourinho take over a Championship club, take them up and keep them in the top flight, transforming them into a top 6 club, on a net spend of zero? Could he fuck as like. Don't underestimate Big Sam's achievements at Bolton, they were phenomenal. As for Bolton fans, ask them in 8 years time who did the most for Bolton and I guarantee Big Sam will win that one.

The manager: yes.

The scenario required to get him here now: no.

My thoughts exactly.i don't think the special one will be in england for very long anyway.

Guest jimmy1982

Nah, he's Eurotrash. Bad loser and graceless winner. Remember when he refused to shake hands with Bryan Robson a while back after a match against West Brom? It was disgraceful and I doubt he would have done it if he hadn't been sure a load of stewards, assistants etc would get in the way before Robson could get to him and give him a braying.

We will see how long they last in the Premiership without him. He didn't just take them up and keep them there, he transformed every aspect of that club on and off the field, his time at Bolton could be likened to KK's here at Newcastle, only without the cash and big scale of it all. Could Mourinho take over a Championship club, take them up and keep them in the top flight, transforming them into a top 6 club, on a net spend of zero? Could he fuck as like. Don't underestimate Big Sam's achievements at Bolton, they were phenomenal. As for Bolton fans, ask them in 8 years time who did the most for Bolton and I guarantee Big Sam will win that one.

I'm not sure if Mourinho could transform a Championship club into a top 8 team if he were given 8 years to do so, I'm not sure if Ferguson, Rafa or Wenger could either, what they all are capable of is turning a good team into a great one, now is Allardyce capable of that because that's the situation that he's faced with, there's a huge difference between a manager making a poor club good and a manager making a good club great.

I'd also look at Bolton's downfall being down to replacing him with Sammy Lee who's obviously out of his depth as a Premiership manager.