Blackburn today

Decky

Blackburn's capacity is 31,367 btw.

That's the equivalent of us getting 32,457 for a Premier League game.

That's a flawed comparison. Maybe if you look at our potential for support and theirs, and take the percentage used it'd be more accurate. Blackburn is a small town, and has Wigan, Manchester, Burnley, Bolton and Preston nearby. They've just got a stadium that's a bit too big, and the attendance wouldn't have been too bad if Pompey had taken more than 500.

I've got a lot of time for Leeds, hope they sort it out. Doing well so far.

I always think it is awful for fans to go through that sort of thing with their club, and generally wouldn't wish it on anyone, but I'm afraid that in the case of Leeds, I've got no sympathy at all, and just hope it gets worse for them.

The stuff I've seen from their scum fanbase over 30 years means I for one will shed the most microscopic, saltiest tear, should they implode totally.

Ahh come on, they are a classic british side with a great pedigree. There are loads of tossers at every club. I'd rather see Leeds in the top division than fucking Reading.

A nasty, niggling, unpleasant pedigree, whichever way you look at it.  I doubt we'll agree on this one, i just loathe them.

Reading are a decent club from a decent town (and very much a boom town, one for the next century), who are up there on merit. They don't have the history of, say, Bolton, but I'd take Reading over Bolton every day.

That's a flawed comparison. Maybe if you look at our potential for support and theirs, and take the percentage used it'd be more accurate. Blackburn is a small town, and has Wigan, Manchester, Burnley, Bolton and Preston nearby. They've just got a stadium that's a bit too big, and the attendance wouldn't have been too bad if Pompey had taken more than 500.

Fair points. Still shit though.

I've got a lot of time for Leeds, hope they sort it out. Doing well so far.

I always think it is awful for fans to go through that sort of thing with their club, and generally wouldn't wish it on anyone, but I'm afraid that in the case of Leeds, I've got no sympathy at all, and just hope it gets worse for them.

The stuff I've seen from their scum fanbase over 30 years means I for one will shed the most microscopic, saltiest tear, should they implode totally.

Ahh come on, they are a classic british side with a great pedigree. There are loads of tossers at every club. I'd rather see Leeds in the top division than fucking Reading.

A nasty, niggling, unpleasant pedigree, whichever way you look at it.  I doubt we'll agree on this one, i just loathe them.

Reading are a decent club from a decent town (and very much a boom town, one for the next century), who are up there on merit. They don't have the history of, say, Bolton, but I'd take Reading over Bolton every day.

Thats fair enough, they were always a niggly side i just liked them being in the top division. A city as great as Leeds deserves a top flight side.

Fair points. Still shit though.

Yeah, it's not great but it's pretty unfair just to judge them just on the numbers. Stats don't tell the wholse story here.

Blackburn & Boro. Two teams who wouldnt be a loss to the Premiership

At least Blackburn is a half-decent footballing side.  They've got some good stuff happening on that big green thing in the middle of ewood park. 

Boro - see ya!

It was the away end that was empty, I'd be pointing fingers at Portsmouth fans rather Blackburn. There were a couple of hundred at most there.

Only half of that end is away, the other half is for home fans.  Although the Portsmouth half of that end was no where near filled either.

Our 50 thousand and something attendance from today, you sure it wasnt full capacity but they didnt include the away fans? Someone on Century mentioned a few weeks ago that we have been doing this recently.

Definitely not, large gaps in Milburn L7 as seen from my seat in the East. Suprised it was that many tbh, looked below 50,000.

League One yesterday, Leeds 2-0 Swansea. 29,467.

To be fair, I think at a "bigger" club like Leeds it is a bit of a "more than ever" attitude because of the current state of the club where supporting it becomes a bit of a cult factor. They were down to averages around 22,000 in the last couple of seasons (which is still not too bad for a lower division club though).

I don't mind them having low attendance, generate less ticket money for the club anyways. We have a perfect platform for ashley to build, sooner or later our stadium will be as big as Nou Camp. Believe me.

It's a small town, and Pompey took fewer than 500.

our's isn't much bigger!

Blackburn population: 105,085

Newcastle population: 189,863

Liverpool population: 469,017

Birmingham population: 970,892

Leeds population: 443,247

Bristol population: 420,556

London population: 7,172,091

Barcelona population: 1,605,602

It's a small town, and Pompey took fewer than 500.

our's isn't much bigger!

Blackburn population: 105,085

Newcastle population: 189,863

Liverpool population: 469,017

Birmingham population: 970,892

Leeds population: 443,247

Bristol population: 420,556

Aye, but our catchment area is basically the whole of Tyneside which is well over a million.

Population figures are misleading.

For example, Birmingham has a population of around a million, but is at the centre of a conurbation of 3m. However, in that conurbation are lots of teams - Villa, Blues, Albion, Wolves (who with one exception are all big clubs), Walsall, out to Coventry (which is practically in the same urban sprawl as Brum). When you get to the edge of that sprawl, you find yourself on the edge of other catchment areas.

Villa Park to St Andrews is probably less than two miles, I think the Hawthorns to Villa Park is even less.

Blackburn's situation within Lancashire is the same as above, really, there are an awful lot of people, yes, but there are an awful lot of football teams to choose from.

Given that, as Keefaz said,  the low population of Newcastle (city of) doesn't really have any connection to the attendances.

Blackburn & Boro. Two teams who wouldnt be a loss to the Premiership

Edit:  Fair point.  Wigan added to that list

wigan and boro yes, tel them to fuck off, but blackburn despite having no fans are actually a good team, and can be quite entertaining. they have some very good players so i think at this point in time they would be a loss to the premiership

• 1 month later...