Michael Owen.

Crumpy Gunt

Guest eyeball_tickler

Ahh, Owen injuring himself on purpose again just so he doesn't have to play for us.  Good thing we have some geniuses on here who can see through his devious master plan.

Who said that, like?

owen has said it loads. there's hundreds of quotes from him about it.

Ahh, Owen injuring himself on purpose again just so he doesn't have to play for us.  Good thing we have some geniuses on here who can see through his devious master plan.

Who said that, like?

I didn't know Owen posted on here.

Guest eyeball_tickler

Who said that, like?

I didn't know Owen posted on here.

a lot of users would be banned if he did.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/7009480.stm

Michael Owen may need a double hernia operation, potentially ruling him out of England's two Euro 2008 qualifiers in October, BBC Sport understands.

Owen, 27, limped out of Newcastle's match on Sunday and surgery would rule him out for up to two months.

BBC Radio 5live football correspondent Jonathan Legard said: "Owen had hoped to play through the pain barrier but the problem has deteriorated rapidly.

"His preferred option, to defer surgery until Christmas, is not realistic."

:yikes: oh no! he will miss englands two matches!  :yikes:  WHY DO THEY NEVER MENTION NEWCASTLE? Everything about him is all about England this, England that...

Guest eyeball_tickler

Why does it matter?

What are they going to say?

"Michael Owen could be ruled out for two months. This means he will miss Newcastle's matches for the next two months."

That would be top journalism. :rolleyes:

exactly. there's far more england fans going to read that than geordies, so its only logical journalism.

i cant wait for all the ITK's to come on and cite this article as an example of how he only cares about england.

The plus from all this is that we'll hopefully realise that he's never going to be a dependable first team player so we have to replace him, if there's money to be spent in January then a really top class striker is what we need.

Of course, I said this a while back.  :coolsmiley:

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=43843.0

Bad news for us in the short-term though.

Michael Owen loves to play football, whether for club or country, that's f****** obvious. Every player wants to play for their country and I'm not surprised Owen wants to play for England, of course he does, every footballer wants to play for their country. And of course newspaper stories about his fitness are going to concentrate on a national scale. He plays for Newcastle, but also for England, who the whole country are behind. Which audience are you going to cater to?

If I was manager of a top four club I wouldn't have gambled on him last summer. He'd barely played for the last two years. I'd wait and see how his recovery from surgery went. Plus Liverpool won't buy him as it would look damaging for the manager. Just because the top four didn't buy him doesn't mean he's s***.

When fit Owen is a great player, I don't think there's any doubt about that. He's good on the ball and one of the most natural goalscorers in the world. Yes he has lost some pace, but that doesn't mean he isn't still incredibly effective. He's still faster than most centre halves, and with his knack of timing his runs he's still one step ahead. Nevertheless the operative phrase is 'when fit'. If you look at his time before Newcastle I've never seen Owen as especially inury prone for a nippy striker ( who tend to pick up a few muscle injuries). He's usually played in around 30+ games a season. Part of it is definitely bad luck (eg. the Robinson incident). Part of it may be that now he has become injury-prone due to the wear and tear on his body that being a professional athlete has inflicted. I guess different people will have different opinions on that and fair enough.

I can understand completely why people may not think he brings value for money due to his inury record over the last two years, and I see why they might think he should be sold because of it, it's a perfectly good argument. But all this 'he's only interested in England' bullshit is old and wearying and I wish people would shut the f*** up about it because it's obviously bollocks. I love playing football, even just kicking a ball back and forth with a mate. I'm certain that every professional player (even including Owen) loves it just as much, if not more. He wants to play as much as he can, for England and the Toon, and I wish people would stop making themselves look like retards with their criticisms of his commitment.

The plus from all this is that we'll hopefully realise that he's never going to be a dependable first team player so we have to replace him, if there's money to be spent in January then a really top class striker is what we need.

We're struggling to keep Martins happy as it is so throwing another striker into the mix would make it worse if anything.

Sign someone like SWP who can play on the wing and cover as the second striker if we're desperate.

Give it to him now. It's pretty fucking obvious he needs one.

Yep,  give him it ASAP.  Get him back by december,  and hopefully up to full fitness by the time Martins goes off to the ANC. 

With Enrique and Barton coming into the team,  it frees up Smith to play up front if need be,  so the timing of Owen having surgery now is probably the best timing we could have asked for.

Badly need Viduka to stay fit for the forseeable future,  mind.

We're struggling to keep Martins happy as it is so throwing another striker into the mix would make it worse if anything.

Sign someone like SWP who can play on the wing and cover as the second striker if we're desperate.

We basically have Martins and Viduka that are of any use to us up front, possibly Smith as well.

We could definitely do with another out and out striker, given Viduka's questionable fitness levels.

If Allardyce lets him wait until Christmas he is a fucking idiot. With Martins at the ACN that would leave us short of a few strikers and potentially force us to play Amoebi.

Absolutely no chance he'll wait till christmas :lol:  If he does,  i'll eat my own shit and post a video.

We basically have Martins and Viduka that are of any use to us up front, possibly Smith as well.

We could definitely do with another out and out striker, given Viduka's questionable fitness levels.

But when everyone is fit we'll have Martins, Owen, Viduka, Ameobi, Smith and another top class striker, that's too many for a club that can't even offer European football.

Ideally we get someone who can cover a few positions that includes up front, basically we need to replace Dyer properly.