Man City vs Newcastle

Decky

Reet back to business in the league :D Im not sure about this one, could go either way with 2 teams in good league form. I expect Sam to play a defensive midfield 3 to try and stop them creating then we try and take our chances, similar to tonight but hopefully it works out better. This is what i think the line up will be:

Harper

Beye    Taylor    Rozenhal    Enrique

Smith    Geremi    Butt

Martins  Viduka  N'Zogbia

Subs: Given, Milner, Faye, Emre, Ameobi

Really hard one to predict, if we play like we did against West Ham we should win this, being an away game it will prob be 1-0 if we do.

More looking forward to getting this game over with tbh with the form City are in.

I think we'll lose this one.

The midfield will be key, and ours has been rather ineffective of late, whilst everything good ManCity have done has come from theirs.

Havent they only won 2 games at home by 1-0 this season? one of which being abit of a wonder goal? I think they struggle to score at home and i think we need to TRY and use that to our advantage.

These threads!  :lol:

They seem to get earlier every game. Hows about starting one on "FA CUP 3rd Round Draw- Who do you think we'll get?"

In 4 days it will be over, i think its good timing, ive seen threads made about 6 days before the game.

My team would be :

Given

Beye        Rozehnal      Taylor    Enrique

Butt

Geremi                Emre

Milner            Smith            N'Zogbia

Why? On current form i'd like to see N'Zogbia and Milner off the frontman and assuming Viduka can't make it i would put Smith in his place. Allowing Emre to return in Smiths midfield role, which also allows a little bit more creativity in midfield. Because of form, the defence picks itself.

Obviously i would like to play Martins somewhere in the team but he isn't firing on all cylinders at the moments. However, i want to make it clear that i don't expect this to be our team. This is more likely:

Harper

Beye        Cacapa      Rozehnal    N'Zogbia

Butt

Geremi              Smith

Martins        Viduka            Milner

Most likely a loss this one.  City been able to create something against everyone this season, feel they will turn us over 2 - 0.  It's possible that we can get a draw, but it will be tough.  A win for us seems too unlikely.  We have players who could snatch a win and I will of course always hope it happens, but just can't see it sadly.  Hoping to be pleasantly surprised!  :cheesy: