Man City 3 - 1 Newcastle - 29/09/2007 - Post match reaction from page 19

Wullie

Indeed we weren't that terrible, Martins and Vids especially did well together I thought.

But it's the whole predictability of the way the game went, the way they bossed the midfield without our tactics being altered in any way to counter this.

... annoying.

i think the front three did well, again service let us down, the back 4 were raped all through the game

midfield offered nothing going forward, apart from geremi's assist,  and nothing defensively

Guest NUFCGator

Indeed we weren't that terrible, Martins and Vids especially did well together I thought.

But it's the whole predictability of the way the game went, the way they bossed the midfield without our tactics being altered in any way to counter this.

... annoying.

Spot on really. Watching us play five minutes after our goal you knew the lead couldn't last ninety minutes with giving the ball away and all.

... annoying.

The excuses will be along the lines of personnel not available.

Why didn't we start Enrique ? I find the whole Zoggy at left back thing bewildering now.

Well, obviously Smith and Butt (and Taylor) were exposed quite cruelly against a technically vastly superior opposition today, but lets not get the lynch mob just yet. When you're up against less skilled more physical teams you're going to need some mongrel so I understand having those players in the squad, lets just not have them anywhere near the starting 11 when we are playing against skilled opposition.

But never was there a clearer demonstration of our squads massive lack of genuine quality in the midfield than today. If Ashley thinks paying off 45m debt will help he should have seen today that it will take almost twice that much to bring in genuine talent in the midfield (every position almost) if he wants to think about europe.

Also, Viduka is not a 90 minute player and Beye needs a rocket up him.

Knee-jerk-tastic. We didn't play that bad. City were the better team, yes, but there were positives. Martins and Viduka looks threatening together and we'll have Barton soon. Also, nice to see Smith having a good game. Nothing wrong with the formation either, tbh, we looked good til they scored they're second, at which point they started defending.

We said before the season that as long as we improved on last season we'd be happy. This was a clear improvement, even though we lost

Exactly

People who moan should be banned imo, just to piss them off even more

Time for everyone to cry now

Time for Allardyce to leave etc. he has had his chance

We were beaten by a better team

So how will that work then?  :lol:

Knee-jerk-tastic. We didn't play that bad. City were the better team, yes, but there were positives. Martins and Viduka looks threatening together and we'll have Barton soon. Also, nice to see Smith having a good game. Nothing wrong with the formation either, tbh, we looked good til they scored they're second, at which point they started defending.

We said before the season that as long as we improved on last season we'd be happy. This was a clear improvement, even though we lost

PArtly agreed.  Man city is better than us....would have been happy with a draw as i never expect we can win.  But how fast Man City has overtaken us in terms of quality and such.  Its a joy watching City now..they have some really good players that we need.  What a difference Sven has made; good job Sven. Big Sam will need to show he is better than GR tbh...has not shown that he is an improvement in terms of squad building and tactics.  

Guest elbee909

Tell you what, as much as these matches piss me off the kneejerks on here always manage to make me laugh again :lol:

Getting fed up of all of them, myself.

Well we have certainly a long way to go before we a cohesive unit, Big Sam certainly got his tactics badly wrong today why oh why! does he persist with Smith, Butt and Geremi we should have had Emre and Enrique on much earlier. Well done Man City! they played really well and deserved the win.

Exactly

I was being sarcastic obviously

Player Ratings:

Given 6

Beye 6

Taylor 5

Roz 5

NZog 6

Smith 5

Butt 5

Geremi 6

Milner 5

Viduka 5

Martins 6

Allardyce 4

Spot on.

O0

How does our right-back get a 6 after 90 minutes of Petrov doing whatever he liked, whenever he liked on our right hand side of the pitch?

Very true. If Carr had put in that kind of display we'd have the torches lit already. Extremely dissapointing.

Guest justin99.

Big mistake dropping Harper. 

you fool

How's that - Given was as shakey as hell all game and had at least some culpability in the first two goals.  You gimp.

The goals were the result of bad defending. Given though, pulled off a number of magnificant saves that I believe Harper could not

God bless you dude. Yet another person who sees things clearly.

Exactly

I was being sarcastic obviously

Ah right. So you we'll not be hearing any whining from you then?  :lol:

Guest Harry-Norway

thats the problem Decky,we look like a team in  an elevator,we are perforing good one game and poor the next,cant see any team we are going to beat away from St,jamses.Cant see how Sam can bring us any silver of the way he is playing football,ever heard about one touch football,ok if yes,then go traing on one touch for a week,how many wrong passes had we??20-30 loosing the ball to City.

Hope Joey B and Emre can help us in the future,Smith and Butt are to unstable.

Hope we win against Toffes on Sunday,because i am coming over to Toon for the game with my family and that cost my a he.. of a lot of money,so TOON please perform

God bless you dude. Yet another person who sees things clearly.

are you turning into a preacher?

Guest eyeball_tickler

A top four side will utterly destroy us away from home if we play like this.

a dead cert for relegation took us apart. much work needed.