New Season, New Era, Same Shit

Decky

http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php

Top of the injury league once again. Its getting ridiculous now, i know nothing can really be done but why is it always us ffs.

It's interesting that the most Northerly club has the most injuries and the most southerly has the least, also most of the clubs with most injuries are from the North and vice versa, maybe it's the temperature and what it does to muscles.

Who knows?

If it is the temperature than we should look at how we warm up before playing, wrapping people up to improve the heat that warms up the muscles.

I heard it was something to do with the hardness of the training pitches, which could make sense, although i remmeber Roeder having a dig at Souness saying that his injury problmes were caused in matches and not on the trainng pitch. Is there a way to soften up pitches???  :undecided:

I heard it was something to do with the hardness of the training pitches, which could make sense, although i remmeber Roeder having a dig at Souness saying that his injury problmes were caused in matches and not on the trainng pitch. Is there a way to soften up pitches???  :undecided:

Water them? 

Not rocket science like...

Guest toonlass

We cannot blame injuries for our results tbh. Look at Everton from that list. They have a long injury list too but they are winning games. We need to get a positive mental attitude into our players. From the list that we have out how many of these are the ones who people keep saying are crap anyway. Carr, Babayaro, Ramage and Shola get slated time and again(and often with good reason). We should be able to replace these players with better considering who we do have and yet people still blame the injuries for our poor results. Its rubbish. Its more to do with us playing crap on the road.

We cannot blame injuries for our results tbh. Look at Everton from that list. They have a long injury list too but they are winning games. We need to get a positive mental attitude into our players. From the list that we have out how many of these are the ones who people keep saying are crap anyway. Carr, Babayaro, Ramage and Shola get slated time and again(and often with good reason). We should be able to replace these players with better considering who we do have and yet people still blame the injuries for our poor results. Its rubbish. Its more to do with us playing crap on the road.

So are we  ???

Roeder had no right to have a go at anybody regarding blaming things on injuries.

So are we  ???

No were not.

We've fluked one win in the last 4, played terrible in all 4, and looked as bad as any previous regime.

Well first off you can ignore Ameobi, Carr, Babayaro and Ramage being injured as a negative so really it's only 5 injuries.

Tis a pity they are all important players for us though: Owen, Viduka, Barton, Duff and Cacapa.

Fingers crossed Viduka and Barton are fine for next week; Cacapa, although probably first choice isn't that much of a miss with Faye and Taylor able to play CB comfortably; Martins can't do worse than Owen so far this season and Duff, even considering his poor form for us since signing, is still a big miss with our lack of creative/attacking options in midfield.

Once SA feels confident Enrique can play as our first choice LB and Zoggy is moved to midfield together with Barton returning, here's hoping we start creating a lot more in games and being more of a threat[/glass half full] ;)

So are we  ???

No were not.

We've fluked one win in the last 4, played terrible in all 4, and looked as bad as any previous regime.

We fluked the West Ham game?  ???

So are we  ???

No were not.

Wham murdered us 1st half, the 2nd half was even.

We were very very lucky. the 3-1 scoreline flattered us immensely.

Its not like we fluked the 3 goals, we also could have had a 4th but Martins stuck it into the side netting.

That game was far from fluke and if we are counting luck then we can see we were unlucky to lose to Derby due to two blatant penalties etc etc...

So are we  ???

No were not.

It's funny how diffrent fans see thing. Both my West Ham supporting mates think we was more than worthy of the scoreline and the only reason they looked good in the first half is because we sat off them after the first goal. I agreed with them entirley.

Well first off you can ignore Ameobi, Carr, Babayaro and Ramage being injured as a negative so really it's only 5 injuries.

Tis a pity they are all important players for us though: Owen, Viduka, Barton, Duff and Cacapa.

Fingers crossed Viduka and Barton are fine for next week; Cacapa, although probably first choice isn't that much of a miss with Faye and Taylor able to play CB comfortably; Martins can't do worse than Owen so far this season and Duff, even considering his poor form for us since signing, is still a big miss with our lack of creative/attacking options in midfield.

Once SA feels confident Enrique can play as our first choice LB and Zoggy is moved to midfield together with Barton returning, here's hoping we start creating a lot more in games and being more of a threat[/glass half full] ;)

wheyyyyyyy! bit of optimism!

makes a nice change from the constant pessimism on here at the minute!

So are we  ???

No were not.

It's funny how diffrent fans see thing. Both my West Ham supporting mates think we was more than worthy of the scoreline and the only reason they looked good in the first half is because we sat off them after the first goal. I agreed with them entirley.

The lad I watched it with (West Ham fan) wasn't complaining about us being a lucky bunch of f*ckers either.

So are we  ???

No were not.

:lol:

I think he and his team have been given too much stick of late.

Yes calling a spade a spade is no crime. It is not factually wrong to critisise the performance of the team. But some of the comparisons are over the top. And continous harsh criticisms serve no purpose other than demoralising the team, the manager and other fans.

For a start, it is unfair to compare Big Sam's Newcastle to Sven's Citeh. Sven spent 40 millions net this summer, Big Sam about 15 millions. Money doesn't guarantee success, but it is a big factor and with a manager of Sven's calibre, money does really guarantee something. Rather more importantly, Sven's army are all fit and playing, whereas Big Sam is missing Barton. Imagine a Man City side without Elano? Would they have defeated us? Not suggesting that Barton is as good as Elano, but Barton is meant to be our main player and it will always hurt when you major player is absent.

Ok I don't like Alan Smith and have always thought we made a mistake signing him. But now he is playing for us let's give him a bit of support? It is not his fault that Big Sam ask him to play there. Would you be happy if a player disobeys the manager's discretion? Imagine Albert Luque refusing to play as striker? We are lacking creativity or attacking nous, it is plain to see. I am sure Big Sam realise this and is thinking how to address the situation. If he could he will sign a creative attacking midfielder on January. But for now like it or not he has to stick with what he has got at his disposal. If it means Butt Geremi Smith playing week in week out then fine, because that's the only card on the table.

He has done really well in the summer transfer window, getting in plenty of bodies making sure that we are not short of players when injuries kick in. His tactics and his selections we might disagree but when is the last you agreed totally with any manager's decision? Big Sam has a good enough resume to warrant him some rights to do whatever things he sees fit. And he deserves our understanding and supports.

Give the manager a time to settle. He may not be the best, but how many are?

Water them? 

thanks mate but i kinda think thaat its not as simple as that, although obviously with the superb all year sun weather in the toon i can see how the training pitches dont get enough water in them anyway. LEt alone the practiality of watering the training pitch every day 5 days a week, i dont think so somehow.

Water them? 

thanks mate but i kinda think thaat its not as simple as that, although obviously with the superb all year sun weather in the toon i can see how the training pitches dont get enough water in them anyway. LEt alone the practiality of watering the training pitch every day 5 days a week, i dont think so somehow.

Ask a stupid question...

:rolleyes:

Owen, Carr and Babayaro are always injured so don't really count

Duff has a poor injury record at his previous clubs iirc so not a surprise

Ramage and Barton are contact injuries and not avoidable

Cacapa is getting on a bit

Out of that list, there's only 4 which I'd call first teamers.  We'd improve our injury record at a stroke by getting shot of Carr and Babyaro, if anyone was daft enough to take them.