Your first United game? Current champion: jackyboy

NSG

Guest Craig1892

Bank Holiday Mondat - April 1984. Won 5-1 against Carlisle. And the love affair starts.....................................................................

Guest Geordiesned

I'm always annoyed that I can't remember my first match but I suppose I was just a bairn. It would have been in the 1979/80 season though.

Home to Barnsley on Easter Monday 1998.  Saw goals by Andreas Andersson (!), Jan Aage Fjortoft (who slid into the post as he scored, as I remember), and a late winner from Big Al in the dying minutes.  Oh and it snowed.

Guest Sheriff John Bunnell (Ret

April 2002 Fulham 1-1.... Dyer scored first then Saha with the equalizer in 2nd half....

FA Cup Round 4 versus Preston North End. Was in January 1986 and the goalscorers were Paul Goddard and a certian Glenn Roeder.  :shifty:

Had a quick look through thread hoping someone would have been at match before me, sadly so far no one has, only HTL and bobyule are close.

First match Grimsby Town at home January 18th 1964 won 4-0. Second match Bury at home April 11th 1964 lost 4-0. Sums up 40 odd years of supporting NUFC really.

Please someone post to say they went to a match before me.

P.S. Thanks to stats on nufc.com so exact date could be found.

Had a quick look through thread hoping someone would have been at match before me, sadly so far no one has, only HTL and bobyule are close.

First match Grimsby Town at home January 18th 1964 won 4-0. Second match Bury at home April 11th 1964 lost 4-0. Sums up 40 odd years of supporting NUFC really.

Edited the title. :razz:

March 2004 - Went to see Newcastle beat Mallorca in the UEFA Cup 4-1 with goals from Shearer, Bellamy, Robert and Bramble.

Was bloody cold but a great night all round.

My missus of the time bought me tickets for that so I let her come with, she said never again.  bluelaugh.gif

Against Southampton at home, August 1967. We won 3–0 and Gordon Marshall saved a penalty (which incident is the only thing I can clearly remember from the game).

that makes me laugh

NUFC v Luton - August 1985. 2-2 draw. I stood in the West Paddock underneath the old West Stand.

I've still got the programme.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/supergeordie/nufc85.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/supergeordie/nufc85back.jpg

you've beat me by a few months mate.

April 8th 1964, won 5-2 at home to Rotherham. Hat trick by Barry Thomas, and goals by Stan Anderson and Ron McGarry.

Against Southampton at home, August 1967. We won 3?0 and Gordon Marshall saved a penalty (which incident is the only thing I can clearly remember from the game).

that makes me laugh

Why?

do you block out sigs or something  :lol: