Your first United game? Current champion: jackyboy

NSG

Guest Micktoon

March 76 Stoke at home lost 1 0, I think it was a Micky Burns own goal. Remember sitting on the concrete wall at the front of the gallowgate, with the advertising hoardings shielding me from the bloody cold and some copper kicked a 10p piece to me that was on the cinder track. oh the joys of youth.

1986-7 season, one of the first home games of the season, a 2-0 reverse against QPR, shortly after I'd move up for college.

I remember nothing other than the fact I'd never been at a top flight ground which was open at both ends. Went to quite a few matches over the next four years or so.

The only ones that I really remember are a 5-0 drubbing of Swindon, a match against Villa after which I got chased across what seemed half of the city centre and some twat put a brick in my mate's sister's face from point blank range, and one (Luton maybe?) after which there was a sack-the-board,  sit down protest on the Gallowgate after the match.

I was, I'd imagine, the only Villa fan taking part in it, although my mate who was with me was possibly not the only Man United supporter there, such was their ubiquity even then

Guest jamesmartinsmith

30th September 1996 - Villa at home.

We won 4-3, goals from Ferdinand (2), Shearer and Howey. Dwight Yorke hat-trick for Villa if I remember correctly.

Guest jamesmartinsmith

New Breed

sky fans

now i get why the people on this board are so fickle

they wouldn't know s**** if it slapped them in the face

Crystal Palace at Selhurst Park in 97. We won 2-1 I think, Ketsbaia got the winner.

Aye, I got my leg trapped in them stupid old wooden seats at that game. I was pushed during the celebrations, stumbled and wedged me leg between the seats, took a few minutes to get it out. I was limping for a couple of weeks after that.

I don't think that's neccesarily fair. If we're talking pre-Sky or pre-Keegan, well that's now 15 years ago, so there are now many NUFC supporters who were either not born or simply too young to be going to matches back then.

You can't accuse people of being fickle just because they didn't attend matches where they were too young to go or didn't even exist.

New Breed

sky fans

What's this even mean?

Basically, anyone who's young isn't allowed to follow football.

Mine was away at Sheffield Wednesday in 1996, Robbie Elliot then a Mark Pembridge equaliser in the second half.

New Breed

sky fans

What's this even mean?

Mine was away at Sheffield Wednesday in 1996, Robbie Elliot then a Mark Pembridge equaliser in the second half.

no, that when people bitch about 13th place they should get some perspective and realize that at some point in time, 13th place was a great result for the club.

New Breed

sky fans

What's this even mean?

no, that when people bitch about 13th place they should get some perspective and realize that at some point in time, 13th place was a great result for the club.

bingo. of course we need  new younger fans but they should surely learn our history before spouting off rubbish on message boards

New Breed

sky fans

What's this even mean?

Of course.

Also at some point in time it was acceptable to drink and drive.

Guest jamesmartinsmith

I don't think that's neccesarily fair. If we're talking pre-Sky or pre-Keegan, well that's now 15 years ago, so there are now many NUFC supporters who were either not born or simply too young to be going to matches back then.

You can't accuse people of being fickle just because they didn't attend matches where they were too young to go or didn't even exist.

The man/boy is an idiot. I was only 5 at my first game.

New Breed

sky fans

What's this even mean?

Of course.

did you actually just compare drunk driving to the position of a sports team? Worst annalogy ever.

New Breed

sky fans

What's this even mean?

Of course.

did you actually just compare drunk driving to the position of a sports team? Worst annalogy ever.

Times change. That's all my point was.

I'm pretty sure you realised that.

Dead true. Anyone younger than 20 will probably not know pre-Keegan. Thats life things move on.

The next generations will hear of the Shearer legend just as my generation were brought up on stories of the Milburn days.