Your first United game? Current champion: jackyboy

NSG

can't beat benwell but my first was scunthorpe in the 74 cup run,first league game was coventry at the opening of the following season(got lost going to the bogs,lift home off some reporter while me dad scoured the town scared to tcome home).

can i add a follow up to the initial question here....how old were you when you went to your first nufc match ?

Wonder if my dad realised what he was doing me if not cursing me for life

Luton Town 1986 (September I think). A Wing paddock. 2-2 (or 1-1).

i can imagine you there with your dad (or was it step dad)smacking you on the back of the head whenever you said anything.

"haway the..." smack

"i went te..." smack

"we are the ..."smack

jj sea thinking "one day you're gonna re-marry and i'm gonna do sod all about it really"

the parent's thinking " when we get home we're gonna nude wrestle...how can i make his sis watch..i know,make her referee"

then both think "shit,was that a goal"

autumn 1972 we beat Ayr United 2-0 in the Texaco Cup, Smith and Tudor; Macdonald missing 'injured'. I was one of 14,500.

With respect to earlier post my grandad took my dad, age 11, to the 13-0 win.

Remember a few matches mentioned on here, the Ayr match I remember following two transit loads of Ayr fans who caused mayhem including  turning a car over on (the non pedestrianised) Bath Lane.

In those days it was regarded as an integral part of being Scottish to cause as much bother as possible once south of the border.

Was 7 at my first match.

Had to double check the stats to get the date but....

Dec 27th 1982. 1-0 home to Derby. Was in the Family enclosure with me dad. Howard Gayle scored and I remember we had 2 disallowed... Mick Channon played for us that night too I am sure

One of Keegans first games in the early 80s, 82 I think.  Newcastle V Fulham we were losing with a few minutes to go and we went and banged two in.  The place went fcking nuts, totally nuts.

I was 6.

1962 or 1063

Surely that wins !!! My first game was a few of years later at Hastings.

A classic! Heard that Harold played a blinder for us.

European away games were a bit violent in those days. Crowd trouble lasted for days and some fella got speared in the eye.

Against Southampton at home, August 1967. We won 3?0 and Gordon Marshall saved a penalty (which incident is the only thing I can clearly remember from the game).

that makes me laugh

Why?

do you block out sigs or something  :lol:

Yep, and avatars too. And that ain't going to change just because I'm flattered that I've got so deeply under your skin that you've devoted yours to an obviously failed attempt to needle little old moi.

Now, if you really are as old as I am -- old enough to have gone to his first match in the mid-1960s -- why don't you try acting your age instead of always snapping at my heels like some retarded, yappy mongrel?

after your colossal boob ie the Stephen Spence business........if you were truly to act your own age you would come clean and admit that you are not such a big supporter as you make out, and people like me would respect you a bit more......same as if you were big enough to admit that you backing Souness was a sad mistake, as is the fact that the team were massively worse off for selling Craig Bellamy.

I'm not really bothered how regular a supporter of the club you are Ozzie, if you saw those games in the 1960's but now live abroad or something and can't make it, thats fair enough. Just be honest and upfront about it. Instead of being such an idiotic WUM so often. Which you know you do,  I suspect.

This is why I found your post amusing.

Yeah, I saw plenty of games in the late 1960s and early 1970s and I now live abroad. I've never once pretended otherwise. I also have a part share in some family season tickets and go to games when I'm back in Newcastle -- sadly less often than used to be the case since my father died a few years ago.

As for the Spence thing, posted in haste and regretted at leisure, I admitted my mistake immediately.

Get back to me on that one if you ever grow up enough to admit a mistake of your own. I'm not holding my breath.

Home to Man City, early 50's. I think there wa about 50000 people there. Lots of great games over the years, I was there when we won the Fairs Cup in 1969, tears rolling down my cheeks. Malcolm MacDonalds debut against Liverpool when he scored a hat trick. The atmosphere was incredible

Against Southampton at home, August 1967. We won 3?0 and Gordon Marshall saved a penalty (which incident is the only thing I can clearly remember from the game).

that makes me laugh

Why?

do you block out sigs or something  :lol:

Yep, and avatars too. And that ain't going to change just because I'm flattered that I've got so deeply under your skin that you've devoted yours to an obviously failed attempt to needle little old moi.

Now, if you really are as old as I am -- old enough to have gone to his first match in the mid-1960s -- why don't you try acting your age instead of always snapping at my heels like some retarded, yappy mongrel?

after your colossal boob ie the Stephen Spence business........if you were truly to act your own age you would come clean and admit that you are not such a big supporter as you make out, and people like me would respect you a bit more......same as if you were big enough to admit that you backing Souness was a sad mistake, as is the fact that the team were massively worse off for selling Craig Bellamy.

I'm not really bothered how regular a supporter of the club you are Ozzie, if you saw those games in the 1960's but now live abroad or something and can't make it, thats fair enough. Just be honest and upfront about it. Instead of being such an idiotic WUM so often. Which you know you do,  I suspect.

This is why I found your post amusing.

Yeah, I saw plenty of games in the late 1960s and early 1970s and I now live abroad. I've never once pretended otherwise. I also have a part share in some family season tickets and go to games when I'm back in Newcastle -- sadly less often than used to be the case since my father died a few years ago.

As for the Spence thing, posted in haste and regretted at leisure, I admitted my mistake immediately.

Get back to me on that one if you ever grow up enough to admit a mistake of your own. I'm not holding my breath.

The thing about the Spence comment, is just that it confirms you can't really tell people you know best in certain circumstances. And when I'm wrong, I will admit it. But I was completely correct in everything I said about Souness, and how far backwards he along with his sale of Bellamy and his purge of the so called "cancer" was taking the club.

No big deal that you live abroad and don't see many games, most of us have had periods like this and credit to you for admitting it.