Spuds Pre match thread

NSG

Harper

Beye  Roz  Cacapa  Enrique

Milner  Emre  Faye  N'Zogbia

Martins Viduka

BUTT SAM WONT DROP HIS CAPTAIN...EVEN THOUGH HES BEEN SHITE!

Geremi has not been shite. He does an important job, its just not a glamorous one, and you are too young to understand that.

Harper

Martins Viduka

BUTT SAM WONT DROP HIS CAPTAIN...EVEN THOUGH HES BEEN s****!

Geremi has not been s****. He does an important job, its just not a glamorous one, and you are too young to understand that.

:lol: Patronising cunt.

Harper

Martins Viduka

Geremi has not been s****. He does an important job, its just not a glamorous one, and you are too young to understand that.

James, 22.

Harper

Martins Viduka

James, 22.

Kev, 14.

Harper

Martins Viduka

James, 22.

Kev, 14.

My point is that at 22, you are maybe a bit young yourself to be using the "too young to understand that" line, thats all.  Other people here also think Geremi has been disappointing, perhaps some who are even older than 22, so where Kev's age comes into it I don't really know.

Martins + Smith deserves another start for me, their linkup play was good against Everton, and although Martins is not our best forward, hes got a range of attributes that complements Smith well imo. Bring Owen off the bench in the second half and incorporate him slowly into the team rather than throwing him in because hes our best forward.

Martins + Smith deserves another start for me, their linkup play was good against Everton, and although Martins is not our best forward, hes got a range of attributes that complements Smith well imo. Bring Owen off the bench in the second half and incorporate him slowly into the team rather than throwing him in because hes our best forward.

Don't see anything wrong with that

Apart from Smith being suspended of course.

Smart arse :lol:

:blush:

Given

Beye  Caçapa  Faye  Enrique

Milner  Geremi  Butt  N'Zogbia

Owen  Viduka

Subs: Harper, Rozehnal, Emre, Martins, Ameobi

No need for wholesale changes. Caçapa and Faye worked well together and Enqrique looked good from an attacking perspective. Butt had his best game of the season against Everton, by an absolute landslide, and Milner and N'Zogbia pick themselves now that they're both fit, as far as i am concerned. Front two are obvious, imo.

The only reservation i have is with Milner. He needs a rest and it fits in nicely with Emre coming back into the side, but it's really not a great idea changing it massively following the Everton game. We'll have a strong bench regardless so we'll see how it goes.

Hopefully off to this one. :D

Newcastle 1-1 Tottenham

Owen Martins

N'Zogbia Emre Butt Geremi

Enrique Faye Cacapa Beye

Harper

think owen and martins would frighten the pants off shite like Dawson, not that Sam will go for this. if spurs decide to push up against them, both players would have a field day with their pace and movement in behind. if they played deep to negate Martins' pace we'd naturally have a territorial advantage, while Owen will be laughing, as he's an expert in finding space in a congested penalty box. Not as much need for the big man to win long-balls, as we are at home and can gradually build up play and dominate possession, rather than have to snatch at, and lose, possession by hastily forcing it long everytime. there's also a need to keep possession upfield so the ball doesn't just ping straight back at us, but i think Owen's ball retention and passing have improvely massively in the past few years, while Martins looked very composed in this part of the game against Everton, and has the benefit of immense strength to fend off the likes of Kaboul or Zokora. oh and he is canny in the air too. It also helps having Emre in there, we saw how he played at the apex of the triangle and supported Owen and Smith, playing some lovely one-twos to create openings, so it is like having another forward when we push up. Behind him, N'Zogbia or Geremi can both comfortably tuck in to cover Emre's forays upfield, while Martins can drop wide to fill in the space out on the flanks, something he's done very well this season.

as for other decisions, Given is in poor form and Harper's looked relatively solid, while Milner looks shagged out and needs a few weeks of rest.

2-0 to the Toon I reckon.

More news on the Spurs front.  Paul Kemsley is resigning as Vice Chaiman.  Was a rumour that he was going to do a Dein and team up with Mike Ashley (when he sold NUFC), Philip Green (billionaire boss of BHS, Topshop etc) and Richard Caring (billionaire owner of Wentworth Golf Club amongst other interests with a views to buy out Levy.  The likelihood of that happening seems to be just about nil.

Probably more accurate is that Kemsley's nose is out of joint right now, not getting enough recognition for what he's done with the redevelopment of WHL (nothing!), sorting out the new Academy (Planning application submitted)  and excellent Annual Accounts (being released tomorrow).

I still think Levy will be selling up before the end of this season, but not to Kemsley. 

And you really think we give a monkeys' toss ?

Owen Martins

Enrique Faye Cacapa Beye

Harper

think owen and martins would frighten the pants off s**** like Dawson, not that Sam will go for this. if spurs decide to push up against them, both players would have a field day with their pace and movement in behind. if they played deep to negate Martins' pace we'd naturally have a territorial advantage, while Owen will be laughing, as he's an expert in finding space in a congested penalty box. Not as much need for the big man to win long-balls, as we are at home and can gradually build up play and dominate possession, rather than have to snatch at, and lose, possession by hastily forcing it long everytime. there's also a need to keep possession upfield so the ball doesn't just ping straight back at us, but i think Owen's ball retention and passing have improvely massively in the past few years, while Martins looked very composed in this part of the game against Everton, and has the benefit of immense strength to fend off the likes of Kaboul or Zokora. oh and he is canny in the air too. It also helps having Emre in there, we saw how he played at the apex of the triangle and supported Owen and Smith, playing some lovely one-twos to create openings, so it is like having another forward when we push up. Behind him, N'Zogbia or Geremi can both comfortably tuck in to cover Emre's forays upfield, while Martins can drop wide to fill in the space out on the flanks, something he's done very well this season.

as for other decisions, Given is in poor form and Harper's looked relatively solid, while Milner looks shagged out and needs a few weeks of rest.

agreed!

i think that martins and owen could fill each other out quite good, i think almost every time they both have been on we have scored?

Owen Martins

Enrique Faye Cacapa Beye

Harper

think owen and martins would frighten the pants off s**** like Dawson, not that Sam will go for this. if spurs decide to push up against them, both players would have a field day with their pace and movement in behind. if they played deep to negate Martins' pace we'd naturally have a territorial advantage, while Owen will be laughing, as he's an expert in finding space in a congested penalty box. Not as much need for the big man to win long-balls, as we are at home and can gradually build up play and dominate possession, rather than have to snatch at, and lose, possession by hastily forcing it long everytime. there's also a need to keep possession upfield so the ball doesn't just ping straight back at us, but i think Owen's ball retention and passing have improvely massively in the past few years, while Martins looked very composed in this part of the game against Everton, and has the benefit of immense strength to fend off the likes of Kaboul or Zokora. oh and he is canny in the air too. It also helps having Emre in there, we saw how he played at the apex of the triangle and supported Owen and Smith, playing some lovely one-twos to create openings, so it is like having another forward when we push up. Behind him, N'Zogbia or Geremi can both comfortably tuck in to cover Emre's forays upfield, while Martins can drop wide to fill in the space out on the flanks, something he's done very well this season.

I actually like your line up and was going to have a very similar one except for maybe Geremi in the middle instead of Butt and have Martins on the right wing and Viduka up front with Owen

2-0 to the Toon I reckon.

More news on the Spurs front.  Paul Kemsley is resigning as Vice Chaiman.  Was a rumour that he was going to do a Dein and team up with Mike Ashley (when he sold NUFC), Philip Green (billionaire boss of BHS, Topshop etc) and Richard Caring (billionaire owner of Wentworth Golf Club amongst other interests with a views to buy out Levy.  The likelihood of that happening seems to be just about nil.

Probably more accurate is that Kemsley's nose is out of joint right now, not getting enough recognition for what he's done with the redevelopment of WHL (nothing!), sorting out the new Academy (Planning application submitted)  and excellent Annual Accounts (being released tomorrow).

I still think Levy will be selling up before the end of this season, but not to Kemsley. 

And you really think we give a monkeys' toss ?

Spurs fans generally take an interest in how their rivals are faring, whether you do or not is your prerogative.

Turnover up 39% and profit after all player trading up to £29.3m ensures another transfer kitty of over £50m available for the next window should the right players become available.  The fact that Spurs have also announced a dividend for the first time since 1998 also reflects that, at the present time, they are awash with money.

Owen Martins

Enrique Faye Cacapa Beye

Harper

I actually like your line up and was going to have a very similar one except for maybe Geremi in the middle instead of Butt and have Martins on the right wing and Viduka up front with Owen

I'd go martins and owen up front. But IF Viduka has to play up front and IF Milner is as tired as some make out, then i agree with Martins on the RW as he's such a handfull for teams. BSA may shock us all and start with Barton with Butt/Geremi in midfield. Personally i'd start Geremi/Butt with the very impressive (against Everton anyway) Emre and if  Emre fails to deliver or we go behind and need a spark then bring on Barton at some point after the break.

Prediction 2-1 to us. Zoggy and Martins scoring.

Owen Martins

Enrique Faye Cacapa Beye

Harper

I thought about putting Martins on the right too, but i'd be worried that he would not provide enough defensive cover and that Bale, who has looked very dangerous this season, would have a free run on Beye. With Geremi you know he is going to put in a good defensive shift, and he can't be much worse than Milner going forward.

Owen Martins

Enrique Faye Cacapa Beye

Harper

I thought about putting Martins on the right too, but i'd be worried that he would not provide enough defensive cover and that Bale, who has looked very dangerous this season, would have a free run on Beye. With Geremi you know he is going to put in a good defensive shift, and he can't be much worse than Milner going forward.

You give good arguments for that selection of yours then...

Owen Martins

Enrique Faye Cacapa Beye

Harper

We're at home, put their left side under pressure by playing Martins there.

Rather Bale having to track back than us play a containing wide right man which will allow him to push on our fullback