Spuds Pre match thread

NSG

I've been predicting starting lineups this season using a Friday training orange bibs analysis.

This week, its a bit difficult, as those who played on Wednesday plus a couple others have clearly been given a break, with reserves taking their place in the training match.

I would however predict that Taylor, Geremi and Enrique start, while Butt, Barton, N'Zogbia and Ameobi miss out.

Orange bibs may not work this week though, as a consequence of the international week plus the Monday night fixture messing up training schedules.

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=45719.msg1033965#msg1033965

Post 111;

"I made a slight slip up assumming N'Zogbia not playing due to seeing Milner Smith Geremi Butt and Enrique in orange bibs, but the orange bib theory still holds firm, and is giving away the team lineups a little too far in advance."

Conclusion - You're a fruit.

I've been predicting starting lineups this season using a Friday training orange bibs analysis.

This week, its a bit difficult, as those who played on Wednesday plus a couple others have clearly been given a break, with reserves taking their place in the training match.

I would however predict that Taylor, Geremi and Enrique start, while Butt, Barton, N'Zogbia and Ameobi miss out.

Orange bibs may not work this week though, as a consequence of the international week plus the Monday night fixture messing up training schedules.

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=45719.msg1033965#msg1033965

Post 111;

"I made a slight slip up assumming N'Zogbia not playing due to seeing Milner Smith Geremi Butt and Enrique in orange bibs, but the orange bib theory still holds firm, and is giving away the team lineups a little too far in advance."

That was a case of me misreading the evidence, falsely assuming that Viduka was fit.

This time, N'Zogbia, Butt, Barton and Shola almost definitely miss out, while Enrique, Taylor, Geremi, Owen and Martins almost definitely start.

Post 111;

That was a case of me misreading the evidence, falsely assuming that Viduka was fit.

This time, N'Zogbia, Butt, Barton and Shola almost definitely miss out, while Enrique, Taylor, Geremi, Owen and Martins almost definitely start.

Want to bet on it? Your mod status if you're wrong. Seeing as your "almost" certain you won't have no qualms about it...

Post 111;

Want to bet on it? Your mod status if you're wrong. Seeing as your "almost" certain you won't have no qualms about it...

Bets have to work two ways, and your internet persona has nothing to offer, so I decline.

Post 111;

Bets have to work two ways, and your internet persona has nothing to offer, so I decline.

I'll be banned for a week.

Stop trying to weasel out of it.

Post 111;

I'm sorry, but I refuse to fuel your mission for self importance. A mission that is clearly motivated by a real-life angsty inferiority complex.

Post 111;

I'm sorry, but I refuse to fuel your mission for self importance. A mission that is clearly motivated by a real-life angsty inferiority complex.

Hahaha stop taking yourself so serious. You seem confident in your idea, I just want to see how confident.

But anyway, it's just shown another attempt by yourself to seem football smart.

Post 111;

I want to play too!

Here is my prediction, and it's a lot sexier too.

I say 3-5-2.

Beye, Cacapa and Taylor as the back three.

Milner, Geremi, Faye, Emre and Enrique as the midfield five.

Owen and Martins upfront.

That's how you do it jamesy mate  :thup:

thinking back on previous games with spuds at SJP, they often seem to be quite open with lots of goals. the last 2 season 3-1, i remember also a 7-1,6-1(fa cup),4-0,3-3(hooper saving a pen with his first touch),even a 2-5 (0-4 at half time).

Guest kingdawson

So definatly no N'zogbia??

where d'you get that ? no prob anyway,milner to the left where he was best last season and can come inside aswell as out.

previous posts on this topic.

So definatly no N'zogbia??

where d'you get that ? no prob anyway,milner to the left where he was best last season and can come inside aswell as out.

previous posts on this topic.

unless he's injured he'll start....don't fall for the orange bib theory

Guest Guinness

Given

Beye   Caçapa   Faye   Enrique

Milner  Geremi  Emre  N'Zogbia

Owen     Martins

Rip them up!

Would go with this. With Martins and Owen starting up front we'll need Emre's ability to pick a pass.

Given

Beye  Caçapa  Faye  Enrique

Milner  Geremi  Emre  N'Zogbia

Owen    Martins

Rip them up!

Would go with this. With Martins and Owen starting up front we'll need Emre's ability to pick a pass.

This'd be my first-choice eleven as well, with Harper, Rozehnal, Butt, Barton and Ameobi on the bench.

Jenas Relishing Return

Former Newcastle player Jermaine Jenas is relishing his return to St James' Park on Monday - and is aiming to help his new team Tottenham secure all three Premier League points.

The midfielder is sure to come in for some stick from the home fans after he was quoted as saying he did not want to stay in the 'goldfish bowl' of Newcastle as the reason for his departure to Spurs in 2005.

The 24-year-old is adamant he did not say those words - although if he is targeted by the crowd, he will turn it to his advantage.

Concern

Jenas said: "I have never ever said those famous words really but people believe whatever they want to believe.

"My main concern is Tottenham and I'm looking to going up there and trying to get the three points regardless of whatever stick I might get. You can use the stick to your advantage if you are that type of person."

A reflective Jenas has fond memories of his time at Newcastle, which included UEFA Champions League football.

"It was a great city and club to be a part of," said the midfielder. "We were very successful at the time.

"We had two top-four finishes as well as finishing fifth one year plus a good run in the Champions League.

"They were very exciting times, but I think the year that we didn't get into the Champions League and then went into the UEFA Cup was when things started to deteriorate a little bit."

Frustrating

Jenas has been capped for England 15 times but has been out of the squad recently, so it made for a frustrating recent international break.

He said: "My main concern is Tottenham, obviously I would have liked to have been away in Russia, but I've been more than happy to come in and do my work at Spurs.

"It is frustrating, but these are the things you have to go through as a footballer sometimes. It is about how you deal with it and come out the other side."