Find X-Mags

Thespence

It must be soul-destroying to actually get an appearance in the first team for a Premier League club then less than four years later be on the heap with no club at any level whatsoever.

"He turned down a new contract at Premier League side Newcastle United on 29 June 2006."

:whatdidido:

How is that O'Brien lad doing. I remember him being the next big thing on here - only time I saw him he got the ball and ran it straight out of play for a goal kick. (Souness' funeral I think). I see he's gone to Hibs but is he doing owt?

Last I heard of Martin Brittain he was having a trial at Luton, obviously didn't go well. He certainly didn't look anything special as a winger but he looked fairly tidy and played the easy ball, surprised he hasn't found a club in league football to take him on.

Last I heard of Martin Brittain he was having a trial at Luton, obviously didn't go well. He certainly didn't look anything special as a winger but he looked fairly tidy and played the easy ball, surprised he hasn't found a club in league football to take him on.

Aye, he was alright. Nowt special but definitely a league player. Weird.

It must be soul-destroying to actually get an appearance in the first team for a Premier League club then less than four years later be on the heap with no club at any level whatsoever.

"He turned down a new contract at Premier League side Newcastle United on 29 June 2006."

:whatdidido:

How is that O'Brien lad doing. I remember him being the next big thing on here - only time I saw him he got the ball and ran it straight out of play for a goal kick. (Souness' funeral I think). I see he's gone to Hibs but is he doing owt?

I don't remember O'Brien being classed as the next big thing ever tbh.