Mickey Mouse-tastic

NSG

Yeah, I'd rather it wasn't there, but I can't say I'm that arsed. After all the money he's put in thus far, he's entitled to advertise his company on his own stadium.

This. I don't care at all how it looks, hes ploughed so much money into this club, he can do what he likes!

Yeah, I'd rather it wasn't there, but I can't say I'm that arsed. After all the money he's put in thus far, he's entitled to advertise his company on his own stadium.

Exactly.

If he wanted all the players to get "sportdirect.com" tattooed to their head, he's entitled to get them to do so. Lord knows it'd be an improvement to some of them :lol:

Guest Ridzuan

It doesnt really matter to me.He looks very happy today.Did anyone else saw him waving his hands together with the rest of the fans,that was very funny.By the way,who was the lad in the Spurs kit beside him.Is it his son?

No one would be even mentioning this if it said "adidas" or "Newcastle Breweries" or "Something Else", it's only because it says "Sportsdirect.com" that people think it's tacky. It's another advert in a stadium full of adverts, it happens to be for the company of the bloke who owns the club, what's the big deal?

It doesnt really matter to me.He looks very happy today.Did anyone else saw him waving his hands together with the rest of the fans,that was very funny.By the way,who was the lad in the Spurs kit beside him.Is it his son?

I think it was his mate Paul Kemsley, he just recently quit as Tottenham vice-chairman. They had a bet, something like if Kemsley came to the match with a Spuds shirt on Ashley would give £100,000 to charity.

In fact this whole thread is a bit mighty mouse tastic. Ie thinking we're better than we are and somehow above having a banner.

Spot on.

If all we have to complain about after the match is a banner, then i'm happy, 'cos that means the important thing, ie.

THE FOOTBALL

wasn't worth complaining about

No one would be even mentioning this if it said "adidas" or "Newcastle Breweries" or "Something Else", it's only because it says "Sportsdirect.com" that people think it's tacky. It's another advert in a stadium full of adverts, it happens to be for the company of the bloke who owns the club, what's the big deal?

Isn't this the first time the Gallowgate has ever had a big advertising banner slapped on top of it?

We used to laugh at the likes of Bolton for being a plastic club, I hope we are not creeping in the same direction.

Of course it's not the end of the world, but for anyone who values the club and the uniqueness of our stadium, its location and history, it's quite a shame to see a big advertising banner over the front of it. Perhaps it's the price we have to pay to get where we want to be, but I for one won't pretend to be happy about it or pretend it's not happening. It's a reality of the times, but let's be honest it's a bit of an eyesore on the historic gallowgate.

Guest Knightrider

I've been told the Gallowgate will become the Sports Direct stand and not the Newcastle Exhibition stand or whatever it these days. Apparently it will feature on all literature next season.  Also told we are trying to cancel the NR sponsorship of the shirt. I honestly think the shirts will have Sports Direct on them soon.

Guest optimistic nit

Ashley is going to be needing every extra penny if England don't qualify for Euro2008.

Ironically, we may now benefit financially from England's participation in international competitions.

Never thought about it like that, good point.

I don't get it...

Sports Soccer outlets will miss out on the normal rush to buy England shirts and merchandise.

Quite a moneyspinner. Ashley wont lose money, as they'll order less stock,  but profits will be down, which means less money to spend on Newcastle.

:lol:

Ashley is going to be needing every extra penny if England don't qualify for Euro2008.

Ironically, we may now benefit financially from England's participation in international competitions.

Never thought about it like that, good point.

I don't get it...

Sports Soccer outlets will miss out on the normal rush to buy England shirts and merchandise.

Quite a moneyspinner. Ashley wont lose money, as they'll order less stock,  but profits will be down, which means less money to spend on Newcastle.

:lol:

That's not a contradiction :razz:

Profits down = Ashley still making some money.

So he's still not losing money, but not making as much as he could.

Quite a moneyspinner. Ashley wont lose money, as they'll order less stock, but profits will be down, which means less money to spend on Newcastle.

Sports Direct signed a contract to buy two-thirds of all Umbro's England shirts.