Spurs appoint Juande Ramos

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I love the ITK snippets in there. How come you didn't know he was getting the sack though?

Well I did say yesterday afternoon "Well known ITK has said in the last 15 minutes or so that Ramos will be sooner rather than later, possibly by the end of this weekend."

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=46261.725

Fair to assume that if Ramos was arriving, Jol would already have been out the door.

I'll fucking love it if they fail to land a big name and end up with a mediocre manager!!

It might be me, but just because they've done what we did with Robson.  After a few high-placed finishes and a poor start to the season, he got the sack.  They've done exactly the same as us.

Just you wait for them to unveil Soumess....

I love the ITK snippets in there. How come you didn't know he was getting the sack though?

Well I did say yesterday afternoon "Well known ITK has said in the last 15 minutes or so that Ramos will be sooner rather than later, possibly by the end of this weekend."

Fair to assume that if Ramos was arriving, Jol would already have been out the door.

Was you "given the nod"?

This bit you mean?

"I doubt that he'll be gone this weekend, with or without a defeat." :razz:

This bit you mean?

"I doubt that he'll be gone this weekend, with or without a defeat." :razz:

I doubted that he would be gone this weekend.  The ITK's didn't doubt it.

Why is it everyone question manager who hasnt managed in the premiership? Benitez or Morinho hadnt managed in the premiership before they came here, so why shouldnt Ramos be a hit? Is the tempo to high for him, to physicall?

It's not about where you manage before it's about your inate qualities...Mourinho has it Benitez doesn't.

Love how the "ITK's" are spoke of as if they are a higher power...

They sussed out that a club which was third from bottom, had just capitulated in awful fashion away from home and had already approached another manager prior to the season were on the brink of sacking Jol. Incredible really.

I'll fucking love it if they fail to land a big name and end up with a mediocre manager!!

It might be me, but just because they've done what we did with Robson.  After a few high-placed finishes and a poor start to the season, he got the sack.  They've done exactly the same as us.

This'll be why Souness turned down Bolton, you know...it's in the bag. Souness for Spurs. Oh yes. Please. :D

This'll be why Souness turned down Bolton, you know...it's in the bag. Souness for Spurs. Oh yes. Please. :D

Former player too (well, sort of).

So already the press are bigging up Ramos like f***. According to one journo today he's like Fergie, Wenger and Mourinho rolled into one. :lol:

I heard that on the radio, possibly one of your local stations, I couldn't get my head around what he meant by that comment.

For every Fergie, Wenger etc there's 10 Cristian Gross'.

Fergie would never have been given ~6 years to build the team in the current Premier league environment.

From what I see, Ramos has never managed outside Spain, let alone in the Premiership. Is he the right person to take over a relegation scrap three months into the season?

I'm not sure if they really believe it is a relegation scrap... that could be the thing that saves them or the thing that sends them down.

I hear what you're saying. Personally, I don't think they're in a false position and there's a lot of work to be done. If Ledley King doesn't come back, they'll need to bring in a top class defender in January, and that might not be easy. I think you're right though - they think they're a great team in disguise and that could be fatal.

People are quoting other managers who have been new to the Premiership, but Spurs are in a much more tricky situation. Mourinho took over a club who'd finished second in the league and he was given £100 million to spend. Benitez took over a top four club and hasn't really pushed them much further forward. Wenger did extremely well, but he inherited a superb defence that was the bedrock of his later success.

All three were able to take over a club in the close season, with time to prepare and make their mark. Ramos will really have to hit the ground running. Spurs really need a fire-fighter, not a visionary.

Guest kingdawson

Thank God he's gone anyway.

KD, if you didn't get Ramos, who would you want out of interest?

In order:

1) Capello

2) Ramos

3) Hughes

4) Hiddink, Lippi, Klinsmann (altough he might end up another hoddle)

5) Mancini, Boothroyd

Of course i would prefer Mourinho above all of them, oh and Baggio's post in regards to Tottenham are always spot on.

From what I see, Ramos has never managed outside Spain, let alone in the Premiership. Is he the right person to take over a relegation scrap three months into the season?

I'm not sure if they really believe it is a relegation scrap... that could be the thing that saves them or the thing that sends them down.

I hear what you're saying. Personally, I don't think they're in a false position and there's a lot of work to be done. If Ledley King doesn't come back, they'll need to bring in a top class defender in January, and that might not be easy. I think you're right though - they think they're a great team in disguise and that could be fatal.

People are quoting other managers who have been new to the Premiership, but Spurs are in a much more tricky situation. Mourinho took over a club who'd finished second in the league and he was given £100 million to spend. Benitez took over a top four club and hasn't really pushed them much further forward. Wenger did extremely well, but he inherited a superb defence that was the bedrock of his later success.

All three were able to take over a club in the close season, with time to prepare and make their mark. Ramos will really have to hit the ground running. Spurs really need a fire-fighter, not a visionary.

I think you're right, it might just be that they can't bring themselves to accept that they are scrapping and prefer to keep going with attractive attacking philosophy. Which if it works might save them, but at the moment looks like they will be too much of a soft touch still.