Form away from home

McCormick

Lets be honest, we were dismal.

Sam need to sort out his mentality if we want to stop dropping easy points on the road, wheter its down to complacency on the back of a win or travelling with negative attitudes- its a problem that needs to be rectified if we want a decent league position.

Guest nufc 4 life

these threads really get on my nerves, whenever we lose a match someone finds something to start a bloody thread on and moan about.

these threads really get on my nerves, whenever we lose a match someone finds something to start a bloody thread on and moan about.

hardly kneejerk though, we've lost our last 4 away games and our play has been pathetic, it's a fucking disgrace

Its a Newcastle football forum mate, we've been playing poor away from home. Is it complaining to want to more from our away performances, remember some unlucky fans paid to watch that.

Do people not start threads when we've won saying how good we are?

It's a big issue that's been building though. Far from kneejerk, we are terrible on the road and it needs to be addressed, and quickly.

It's all down to Sam's mentality of valuing a clean sheet more than a goal

Thats bullshit

I'm not sure that it is bullshit, a lot has been said before the game about us trying to keep a clean sheet today and our team was changed in attempt to keep the clean sheet.

I honestly don't know why we even bother with away games

Just gift wrap 3 points, post them to whoever we're playing and stay at home

Thats bullshit

How is it? he said himself '0-0 would be the prefect result, if we nick a goal then so be it but i want a clean sheet' or something similar to that.

You can't put that much enphasis on the defence and not concede at this level and you arent likely to score either.

Thats bullshit

I'm not sure that it is bullshit, a lot has been said before the game about us trying to keep a clean sheet today and our team was changed in attempt to keep the clean sheet.

Of course it is man, the statement was that he valued a clean sheet more than a goal which is bullshit.  Yes he places value on not letting goals in, which is something we are struggling with, whats wrong with that.  Its a problem that needs to be adressed, so he's tried to address it.  But to suggest that its more important than scoring goals is a complete joke.

The poor away form will eventually have an effect on the home games, as pressure builds to collect points only there.

Great point

Sam can't not see this (excellent grammar there) so if we can take anything from this game its the assumption that sam has learned his lesson......................hopefully

Of course it is man, the statement was that he valued a clean sheet more than a goal which is bullshit.  Yes he places value on not letting goals in, which is something we are struggling with, whats wrong with that.  Its a problem that needs to be adressed, so he's tried to address it.  But to suggest that its more important than scoring goals is a complete joke.

Think about it, he wanted 0-0, not 1-1.  We played Reading today, a team who were struggling before they played us yet we changed our team to stop them from scoring.

Getting beat away from home is the main problem, not letting in a goal.

Think about it, he wanted 0-0, not 1-1.  We played Reading today, a team who were struggling before they played us yet we changed our team to stop them from scoring.

Getting beat away from home is the main problem, not letting in a goal.

Really?  How many of the last 20 away games have you been to?

The main problem away from home are Sam's bizarre team selections and the fact that we always play with a lack of width meaning everything gets congested. Playing narrower makes keeping posession harder as you haven't got the opportunity to spread the play out wide and make the other team work to get the ball back. This causes more pressure on the defence as they get very little rest and have to work constantly which inevitably causes lapses of concentration or mishaps. Further more our defenders can't deal with balls over the top. It's always been the case and it doesn't look like getting sorted out any time soon.

As most people have said, if we set out to beat the home team then we will most of the time. You shouldn't go to Reading and Derby with fear and praying for a point as you'll get nothing. It's all about having a positive approach to these matches.