Will Ashley/Mort bin Allardyce if we don't qualify for Europe this season?

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Following on from HTL's comments in the other thread (and I've seen similar comments from others in the past), how long will the new owners/chairman give Allardyce?

I think we all agree a return to European competition will be seen as success this year. If Allardyce fails to acheive this, do you think the club will get rid of him and seek their own man?

I really think it depends on us, the fans and how we react to the season.

If were happy i think they'll allow him time. If were disgruntled they'll chop him for sure.

I'm not saying we have the final shout, just it suggests from their behaviour so far they are desperate to be in touch with the fans and keep them happy.

If were happy were paying.

No

people saying about how the fans react, i wont go mad and shout for him to be out

he has brought in players that look good at home and it will finally come away from home

if we finish top 10 i will be pretty happy, next season i wont be happy if we dont qualify for europe

hes the best thing that has happened with this club since robson

Yes.

I have a feeling Mike's ambition for the club far outstrips 'the safe hands' of Allardyce.

Looking at MA's bravado in the business world he is  for me anyway far more a 'big picture' man than SA. But there is time for SA to adapt and I personally give him two seasons if he delivers a top 7/8 finish. However and I'm guessing here, getting Euro football might well be the baseline by which he is judged this year.

The Jan window will be crucial and tell us a lot more of what is going on in various heads.

ive said since allardyce's appointment, 8th is where we will finish this season. i stand by this, and believe we will finish there, and sam will keep his job. next season and the season after- uefa cup and after that then we start challenging for (but not necessarily gaining) champions league. any lower than 10th and i will be disappointed this season, but the sooner sam realises that attacking is the only way for us, we will be winning consistently away as well as home.

No no no and no.

Sam allardyce will have at least till the end of next season before his future comes into question, (providing england dont come calling). I think Mort and Ashley have been almost reliant on SA in bringing in a modern structure to the club, i think this year is relatively irrelavent in the context of where we finish, providing it isnt disatarous. The important thing is that we're showing signs of improvement, and i dont think there is asingle fan who cant see the vast improvement he's already made. We're definetely going in the right direction, just like we were doing with SBR when he first took over, so thats how it'll stay.

To be honest, this year i will be able to handle alot of crap perfomances away from home because for the first time in 3/4 years SJP is finally turning back into the fortress it once was. It's taken SA 5 months to achieve that, its something Roeder or Souness never managed.

Next year, there should be a complete air of stability and that is when he could be judged, maybe if he doesnt qualify then, then we will consider his future.  

They didn't hire him as manager so it makes it easier for them to do this.

I think they will if we don't qualify for Europe this season. If they had bought the club then hired Allardyce, it'd be a different story but the fact that he came with the club so to speak, means I don't think they'd hesitate twice in pushing him out and bringing in someone they want.

I think it would depend on who they could get in, I doubt they'd bin him then start looking for somebody.  If the special one was still out of work then I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to get him, at the same time I wouldn't be surprised if they gave Allardyce more time.

If Ashley has true ambition for the club and Sam doesn't deliver Europe then I've no doubt we will be looking for someone else, and thats probably Jose.

Mind you (1) he did say that they read lots of fori (??) before buyin the club so maybe he has got it in his head that its Hitzfeld that we all want!

Mind you (2) If Mclaren doesn't get lucky and qualify maybe Sam will be looking at the England job again anyway

If we did lose Sam, who would we get? who would we want to get?

Thread-worthy perhaps... nah

still interesting to see who people think could elevate us further than the big man himself

Mourinho springs to mind, whether he would be interested is another point however....

Aside from him however it is difficult to say, a manager and club have to fit for it to work, Keegan and us, Wenger and Arsenal, Sam and Bolton.

It's easy to say that Capello, Ferguson, Wenger etc would improve us but the same could have been said when Dalglish was appointed.

still interesting to see who people think could elevate us further than the big man himself

Mourinho springs to mind, whether he would be interested is another point however....

Aside from him however it is difficult to say, a manager and club have to fit for it to work, Keegan and us, Wenger and Arsenal, Sam and Bolton.

It's easy to say that Capello, Ferguson, Wenger etc would improve us but the same could have been said when Dalglish was appointed.

:lol: maybe i should've added the word "realistically"

:lol: maybe i should've added the word "realistically"

Well i did put in the point that Jose probably wouldn't be interested.

The other 3 weren't suggestions, just examples of great managers who would be talked about as being the right man, not examples of who we should be looking at should Sam leave

It's not just about qualifying for Europe, it's about performances as well. We can qualify for Europe and he may still be binned.

Surely that would be ridiculously harsh? How would non-football men like Ashley and Mort judge the performances separate of results?

It's not just about qualifying for Europe, it's about performances as well. We can qualify for Europe and he may still be binned.

Surely that would be ridiculously harsh? How would non-football men like Ashley and Mort judge the performances separate of results?

The fans.

Its quite easy to listen to how a season is going by the response of the crowd at the end of every match.

The fans.

Its quite easy to listen to how a season is going by the response of the crowd at the end of every match.

Who boos or grumbles when we win?