Best CF In Prem?

Kev
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Stick Tevez and Martins in

Can't believe you haven't got him in to start with :lol:

martins would get no vote because everyone says owens better than him...and owen is shite so got knows what martins will be!

almost a silly thread, Drogba is miles ahead of any other CF in the prem, i'm one of the few to have thought this for a good couple of years now. Give Rooney 3 years and he'll be challenging

why 3 years? Drogba's only performed at his highest level for one season, Rooney in 2006/07 was better than Drogba in 2005/06 so at the most Rooney is one year behind Drogba, which isn't suprising considering the two players' ages. So far this season tho, Rooney's probably got the edge, and if he continues playing as he is at the minute, there's a good chance he'll better Drogba's form of last season.

almost a silly thread, Drogba is miles ahead of any other CF in the prem, i'm one of the few to have thought this for a good couple of years now. Give Rooney 3 years and he'll be challenging

why 3 years? Drogba's only performed at his highest level for one season, Rooney in 2006/07 was better than Drogba in 2005/06 so at the most Rooney is one year behind Drogba, which isn't suprising considering the two players' ages. So far this season tho, Rooney's probably got the edge, and if he continues playing as he is at the minute, there's a good chance he'll better Drogba's form of last season.

???

Rooney was bad last season.

???

23 goals for Rooney last season, 16 for Drogba the season before that, and two of those were in the Charity Shield. i'd say both are fairly equal in what they contribute to the team outside of scoring goals.

???

23 goals for Rooney last season, 16 for Drogba the season before that, and two of those were in the Charity Shield. i'd say both are fairly equal in what they contribute to the team outside of scoring goals.

you say that but in 2005-06 Drogba had a ridiculous number of assists

Only 14 league goals in 35 matches, though.  Ronaldo and Scholes were Man Utd's catalysts last season.

Only this season is Rooney starting to show the potential he had 3 years ago.  He is nowhere near Drogba at the minute, but if he keeps up this form he will get there.

???

you say that but in 2005-06 Drogba had a ridiculous number of assists

in 2005-06 Drogba got 11 assists in the league, the same amount Rooney got in the league last season. Last season, his best, Drogba only managed 4.

Rooney.

Quite simply the most naturally talented English player since Gascoigne. Doesn't always show it but he'll develop the consistency under Ferguson. Drogba is superb but won't get any better - Rooney will.

Drogba

Agreed. He is a very good player. Someone tried to tell me Les Ferdinand was better the other day. Much as I love Les, I couldn't agree. Similar, I suppose.

It does show the paucity of real talent here though. Perhaps shows the lack of it worldwide tbh. Most of the better real forward players seem to be ageing. Those coming through arent really Ronaldo or van Basten are they?

Drogba is very good targetman forward who is key to Chelsea's formation and system, but as a footballer hes not as talented as Rooney.

The big difference for me, however, is that although Rooney tears lower mid table teams apart when hes playing well, in bigger games hes relatively quiet, whereas Drogba might not run riot against avearge or mediocre teams in terms of his own game, but he manages to maintain a consistent level of performance that he carries through to the big games. Rooney will probably improve in this aspect as he gains more experience and learns to handle being targeted by the opposition, but hes not utilising his abilities yet to the extent that Drogba manages on a weekly basis.