Cardozo -Linked

Skirge

Why all the Toon looking at striker crap of late?  are we getting rid of someone?

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_2838302,00.html

The agent of Benfica striker Oscar Cardozo has conceded he is not surprised to learn of reported interest from Newcastle in his client.

Cardozo was Benfica's hero in the recent UEFA Champions League victory over Celtic and it would appear his performance has not gone unnoticed elsewhere.

It has been reported that Newcastle have had the 24-year-old watched twice over the past month and Sam Allardyce has received favourable reports.

Given Newcastle already have the likes of Michael Owen, Obafemi Martins, Mark Viduka and Shola Ameobi vying for striking spots, such speculation seems surprising, but not to Cardozo's agent, Pedro Aldave.

On the contrary, Aldave accepts the Portuguese giants could be ready to cash in on the £6million rated hit-man.

"This is not a surprise," he told The Sun. "Benfica know they have a big player on their hands and could make money."

I can see Shola being sold on he really is not gong to make it hear, but that still leaves us with Owen,Martins,Viduka and Smith with those four already here why would any striker agree to come.

I think most people now accept this tbh. He made his debut 7 years ago now...

I can see Shola being sold on he really is not gong to make it hear, but that still leaves us with Owen,Martins,Viduka and Smith with those four already here why would any striker agree to come.

I feel sorry for Shola, we cannot fault his dedication to the club, when we were in stook with injuries he played through the pain for us and risked his own career by doing so, putting off an operation on his hip, could you see many from the rest  of our squad doing that?

I feel sorry for Shola, we cannot fault his dedication to the club, when we were in stook with injuries he played through the pain for us and risked his own career by doing so, putting off an operation on his hip, could you see many from the rest  of our squad doing that?

Oh I wasn't having a go at him - I was just surprised that it was that long ago tbh.

He seems like a canny bloke and I think he genuinely loves the club. That said, he can love the club and be as loyal as he wants but it won't make him a better player. He's had 166 chances to impress in the last 7 years. It's time for him to move on and he'll need to be replaced.

Oh I wasn't having a go at him - I was just surprised that it was that long ago tbh.

He seems like a canny bloke and I think he genuinely loves the club. That said, he can love the club and be as loyal as he wants but it won't make him a better player. He's had 166 chances to impress in the last 7 years. It's time for him to move on and he'll need to be replaced.

:lol: sorry did'nt mean to make tat sound like I thought you were having a did at him, your dead rigth he has had time and games to prove he can do it and the sad fact is he can't.

Best thing for him and the club now is a move for Shola to maybe someone like Wigan..

:lol: sorry did'nt mean to make tat sound like I thought you were having a did at him, your dead rigth he has had time and games to prove he can do it and the sad fact is he can't.

Best thing for him and the club now is a move for Shola to maybe someone like Wigan..

and for the club to STOP putting huge pictures of him up in club shops, its f****** embarassing

The only thing that currently annoys me is that we still have Shola and are paying him so much money......

I'd be soooooooo happy if we got rid of him in January to be replaced by a young striker, I'm not even bothered who that'd be, just as long as they're young and hungry

Sick of Shola and the crap he spouts...hes such a predictable player too, he used to have some skill but hes just never developed it and hes never had power in his shot  :undecided:

Wide of the mark according to Anal!

"Meanwhile, United were today linked with a £6m move for Benfica’s Paraguayan striker Oscar Cardozo, but this is way wide of the mark.

However, it would not surprise me if Big Sam had alerted his scouts to look for a new striker, with Oba Martins away on African Cup duty at the turn of the year and a lot of talk in football that Manchester City boss Sven- Goran Eriksson intends to make an offer for Michael Owen in the January transfer window."

He's on form today!