Newcastle United 1 - 4 Portsmouth - 03/11/07 - Post match reaction from page 21

James

Guest KentonMag

I say Kaka is spot on ,Sam Shitadyce should of known portsmouths strengths ,

i was down their earlier in the week and sat with some pompey fans in a pub in

gosport and guess what,they said they would batter us...our football has been

shocking and so has frigface Owen the horrible little muppet..

Have Portsmouth any bearing on this result? They arent a pub team remember

It's time we faced up to the reality that teams like Pompey are simply bigger and better than us. In all reality we are a lower-rung premier league team with a fairly formidible home ground which keeps us from getting relegated each year. Any kind of genuine quality will bring us undone every time, ditto any kind of genuine heart.

Pompey played decent, top 8 standard EPL football. You simply cannot play football like that when you have the likes of Milner, Butt, Smith and (on todays form) Barton in your side.

Simply put, we have the three shortest attackers going around on. They have one of the most physically big and strong back lines going. So our entire attack is lobbing in balls at head height to their defensive line. A-Grade tactics there. Like any professional outfit would do, they've sent that s*** back with interest.

Better, yes, a bigger club? No.  Harry has done quite well with them and it has taken a few years.  Allardyce has had months, chill out.  That goes for the rest of you knee-jerkers. 

Imagine if we had gone for Harry Redknapp ... many would have been livid.

I'm not in the get rid of Sam camp at the moment but I'm pretty sure Redknapp would have been a better appointment.

Yeah rant over, but im not the only fan who is thinking this, i wish for once people would take off the blak and white glasses and get a sense of realism. we are a mediocre shite team who has brought in 9 new players and made no improvement at all. the final straw for me with the big fat one will be around 3 oclock next weekend

we wont be a joke if we sack him now we will only be like spurs hahahaha

Guest justin99.

We are playing against average teames at the moment,what the he... is going to happend when we meet MU-POOL-Gunners and Chelski???????????????????????????????will we be swept of the pitch????

that's what everyone thought last season, but they were our best games.

players always lift for the big games and seem to expect to stroll to a win against lesser teams.

Have Portsmouth any bearing on this result? They arent a pub team remember

It's time we faced up to the reality that teams like Pompey are simply bigger and better than us. In all reality we are a lower-rung premier league team with a fairly formidible home ground which keeps us from getting relegated each year. Any kind of genuine quality will bring us undone every time, ditto any kind of genuine heart.

Pompey played decent, top 8 standard EPL football. You simply cannot play football like that when you have the likes of Milner, Butt, Smith and (on todays form) Barton in your side.

Simply put, we have the three shortest attackers going around on. They have one of the most physically big and strong back lines going. So our entire attack is lobbing in balls at head height to their defensive line. A-Grade tactics there. Like any professional outfit would do, they've sent that s*** back with interest.

Better, yes, a bigger club? No.  Harry has done quite well with them and it has taken a few years.  Allardyce has had months, chill out.  That goes for the rest of you knee-jerkers. 

Tbf, did Pompey get bummed by Newcastle 4-1 at Fratton Park?

Sam has tried everything with this defence and still nothing. The next move has to be a switch to the 4-3-3 to offer them more protection.

Owen has to either adjust to this formation and find a role in it or he needs to sit on the bench. I just cannot see what else can be done at this point.

What is it with Newcastle? Sam didnt have much trouble motivating Bolton, our players havent been motivated since Sir Bob was here

I think it's a lack of confidence, mate.  Seems to sweep through the team from the back line forwards.  The key is to get a core group of players comfortable playing with each other and have been for years.  Pretty much what Pompey are right now.