Not sure why people are in shock. (We must stick with SA).

Parky

We should be shocked at the result because we are one of the biggest clubs in the world and have loads of money and have the best fans eva like and we have a right to be in the top four. We should automatically leapfrog Everton, Blackburn and Portsmouth because we are Newcastle United. Nothing other than Champions League football is acceptable.

At the end of the day mate, it comes down to the fact that we only have a multi-billionaire owner. Way I see it, we need to get this board out and bring in a multi-billion-zillionaire owner if we want to get where we belong.

And frankly, champions league football is barely acceptable either. We are NEWCASTLE UNITED and we are above travelling to places like Moscow or Kiev. Or Barcelona or Milan. I won't be happy until we are so good that UEFA give us an automatic bye into the last 16 every season; which is how it should be. And when I say "happy" I mean "moderately satisfied." And when I say "last 16" I mean "don't bother turning up lads, you win by default for being so amazingly good."

I was actually being very sarcastic with me comments.

That comes as a shock.

I wasn't.

:lol: Sorry, i only read the first paragraph and thought you were being serious  :lol:

I agree he needs time but thats a poor defeat today tbh. Really disappointing.

I'd like to see Allardyce offer an apology to the fans and let us (and the players) know, in no uncertain terms, that the performance and result today are not acceptable.

I'm not sure Allardyce is flexible or patient enough to work with the current squad and buy himself the time he'll need to build us into Bolton mk II. For the foreseeable future he is stuck with players who don't suit that football and unless he changes tack then we will keep getting disjointed performances. He must bite his tongue or he will fail here, and he'll have noone to blame but himself. Being a manager of a football club is a privilege, not a right. He's inherited a lot of players who are unfamiliar or perhaps even don't like his tactics, and something has to give otherwise it'll be unhappy times.

tell you what parky why don't you post one of these threads before a match (e.g. predicting the loss and you respone to the predicted loss). ;)

i think allardyce has made quite a few mistakes so far, but he is a good manager, maybe not great, and he will improve us if he has the time.

If I find the prediction will you take a life ban?  :giggle:

Parky

Rants & Opinion

Re: Pompey (h) Pre Match Thread

« Reply #99 on: Today at 10:40:30 AM »

Quote  Modify  Remove

2-4.

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=46510.75

If Allardyce is going to get more time then he'll have to earn it, so far he's looked like a fish out of water.  It's early days for him but he can't afford too many days like today.  I wondered if he could adapt to us even before we'd kicked a ball, I'm still wondering.

Does anyone on this forum understand sarcasm?

i'm actualy just posting and waiting for kelly brooks tits to bounce on my screen so i may have missed that  :razz:

I agree he needs time but thats a poor defeat today tbh. Really disappointing.

I'd like to see Allardyce offer an apology to the fans and let us (and the players) know, in no uncertain terms, that the performance and result today are not acceptable.

Like this?

"Rubbish"

"The reaction from my team was the most disappointing I've seen up to now, particularly at St James',"

"For me it's about rolling my sleeves up and making sure the fans don't see that kind of performance again this season."

Why are people making excuses for Allardyce?

We've been turned over this season in games we should have won, not because the opposition has better players than us but because of shocking tactics employed by a manager who's looking further and further out of his depth at a bigger club and the expectations that go with it.

Allardyce isn't the man for us and hopefully he'll be replaced at the end of the season with someone better.

Way to have faith in a manager who, in one summer, has completely transformed a thoroughly shite squad, and consequently given us our best start to a Premier League season since Keegan! Yeah, he's got some stuff wrong on matchday, but we're a couple of months in man.

And Souness had a better start here than any manager before him, it means nothing though when you've had an easy run of games.

Allardyce isn't good enough and before the end of the season the majority of you will be agreeing with me.

We've been turned over this season in games we should have won, not because the opposition has better players than us but because of shocking tactics employed by a manager who's looking further and further out of his depth at a bigger club and the expectations that go with it.

Allardyce isn't the man for us and hopefully he'll be replaced at the end of the season with someone better.

Way to have faith in a manager who, in one summer, has completely transformed a thoroughly shite squad, and consequently given us our best start to a Premier League season since Keegan! Yeah, he's got some stuff wrong on matchday, but we're a couple of months in man.

And Souness had a better start here than any manager before him, it means nothing though when you've had an easy run of games.

It's more than that with Allardyce; how can you not see that? The entire club has been ripped down and started up again, with him assembling what is arguably the key component (the team itself) himself, since he's been here. Souness inherited a squad that had just finished 3rd, 4th and 5th and had Alan Shearer. Souness' run included poxy European games aswell.

If Allardyce is going to get more time then he'll have to earn it, so far he's looked like a fish out of water.  It's early days for him but he can't afford too many days like today.  I wondered if he could adapt to us even before we'd kicked a ball, I'm still wondering.

It's more than that with Allardyce; how can you not see that? The entire club has been ripped down and started up again, with him assembling what is arguably the key component (the team itself) himself, since he's been here. Souness inherited a squad that had just finished 3rd, 4th and 5th and had Alan Shearer. Souness' run included poxy European games aswell.

And Allardyce's run has been the easiest start to the season that I can remember, I'm not saying Allardyce is as bad as Souness just pointing out how meaningless stats like that can be.

Good point Mick. I think it takes time to really engage when you come from somewhere like Bolton to Newcastle United. Sam will still be going through his own adjusment period and that isn't an excuse it's a reality.

Allardyce has clearly been shocking so far.

He thinks he's still in charge of Bolton.  Playing the shite of the league and going there in the mindframe that a point is a good result, and on both occasions, because of these shit tactics, we've left with none.  And even after losing to Derby and Reading he comes out and says our tactic away from home will still be to "stop the opposition playing" instead of focusing on ourselves and taking the game to teams.  It's totally unacceptable.

I don't see how anyone could support a manager with this kind of attitude.

The result today -  100% Allardyce's fault.  I don't see why people are making excuses for him.  He's clearly not the right man fot he job, and it's hardly too early to say that, we're almost a 3rd into the season.

We should be shocked at the result because we are one of the biggest clubs in the world and have loads of money and have the best fans eva like and we have a right to be in the top four. We should automatically leapfrog Everton, Blackburn and Portsmouth because we are Newcastle United. Nothing other than Champions League football is acceptable.

seriously, people taking this seriously and not realising its sarcasm is quite worrying

made me chuckle actually :D

Has Allardyce ripped the club apart and started again?  I think he's only done what all new managers do, he's brought in his own people and methods, they all do that.

I didn't say that. I said that the club has been ripped apart and built up again, and he's had to settle in, get the team ready for a new season, etc while all that had been going on. I said that he's built an entirely new squad in just one summer (with a limited budget, btw) - and couple that with the start to the season we have made, it's a commendable achievement.

He's clearly not the right man fot he job, and it's hardly too early to say that, we're almost a 3rd into the season.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Well just look at the teams we've played in that time, mostly shite.  Then hammered off 2 teams we'd want to be challenging for a Uefa Cup place.  If we had a clued up manager we'd have much more points on the board.  Also out of one cup to a bunch of kids, all be it good kids.

8 matches left in the first round of games, we've still to play the big 4, away to Blackburn and a local derby.  Let's see where we are after 18 games, 'cause I bet you it won't be any higher than we are now.

Great post by parky, you've hit the nail on the head, getting rid of another manager at the end of this season would be fucking stupid, we need some stability in terms of first team staff sacking sam would be a disaster. Nothing is garunteed for Newcastle United, I personally believed we would finish around 8th and I would accept that as a pretty successful season, Portsmouth, Man City, Blackburn are all better clubs than us and there is rarely an 'overnight cure' when it comes to football.

This is the style sam knows and prefers whether we love it or hate it the fact of the matter is, it works successfully, Give Sam the time and let him assemble truely his whole first team squad and then make judgement.

I was positive about his appointment and still want to give him time, but there really is no excuse for doing stupid things like playing Milner and N'Zogbia on the wrong sides or sending out the starting line-up he did at Reading last week.

There's no real margin for error with the style of football he tries to play, if you lose there's generally not going to be much in the way of positives to take from the game because the football isn't great to watch.

Still supporting him, but I'm not as confident about him now as I was when he took over.

I've got to agree with Shak, when we have lost a game we have very little to take out of the games because of our style, or lack of it.  Our brand of football isn't easy on the eye so we need to take points or we've got nothing.  Look at our defeats and the positives can be counted on one hand.