Bruce leaves Birmingham for Wigan

Thespence

IS it just me that thinks Bruce is a decent manager? Done a good job on limited funds at Brum

I would be interested to see what he has spent, always thought he had spent a fair bit there...  :undecided:

I think they gave him a decent amount to spend when they first got promoted to the Premiership and after getting relegated last year to make sure they bounced back straight away. Apart from that they haven't give him much.

If you look at his transfer dealings this summer he did pretty well for both numbers and quality on a small budget. He'd get double his money back on Kapo now. De Ridder and Palacios were good finds on a free transfer and nominal fee respectively, good technical footballers.

Djourou was an astute loan signing and if Borja Oubina hadn't got a season ending injury he would have done the business for them on loan too. The lad has got a couple of Spain caps. Bit of a poor mans Xabi Alonso.

Although he did sign Liam Ridgewell for some reason and Maik Taylor still gets a game so it wasn't all good.

IS it just me that thinks Bruce is a decent manager? Done a good job on limited funds at Brum

No, in fairness, I think he has done a good job too, especially working with that s*** board.

lol. He got alot back from what he spent so I don't think his net spending would be that high. He bought the likes of Pennant & Heskey for around £10M and got most of it back. Made a profit on Upson as well.

Blatently pushed out of Brum.

You lot don't know how unlucky you are, not having self destructing neighbours like we do. This year has been absolutely fantastic. They really are the worst run club on the planet.

Firstly, there was the diary episode, where they printed and distributed several thousand copies of their official club diary. The first page listed all the honours they had won. Which is fine. The problem was that they listed Villa's honours list, which as you can imagine is somewhat more extensive (theres is one league cup and the leyland daf trophy).

They actually made an official statement which said "We would like to clarify that Birmingham City has never won the European Cup". Can you imagine how much fun we got out of that?

Secondly, there was the arguments over ticket pricing last week, where they made themselves look a bunch of hyprocritical cocks yet again.

Thirdly, there is the problem with attendances. Every now and then (twice this season) David Sullivan has full page begging letters printed in the Evening Mail, where he pretty much slags their own supporters off for being apathetic. How humiliating.

When we played West Ham last year in the middle of our 15 match no win spell, we got a capacity crowd. The week before, Blues had had 20,000 or something. Nothing particularly gloatworthy there, were it not for the fact that Sullivan comes out and says to the press "the club down the road get 42k despite playing the bottom of the league side, and not having won for a dozen games. How can we compete with them? We can't".

Whatever you think of that statement, can you imagine how it felt for their fans hearing their chairman say something like that?

Fourthly, their board has a combined wealth which I am guessing puts them in the top ten richest owners in the PL, easily, yet Sullivan was moaning recently how "I've spent 10m on this club and got nothing back". There's ambition for you.

Fifthly, at a time when pretty much everyone is getting a new billionaire owner, their takeover is through a small time Far East player who can't actually get the money together, and then leaves them in limbo for months whilst he dicks them around, vetoing Bruce's new contract at the same time.

You couldn't make this shit up. I pray the takeover goes through - Yeung has a track record of picking the team at his HK club. If he turns out to be like the mentalist at Hearts, I think I'm going to laugh so hard I spit my liver out at some point in the near future.

So, if anyone is wondering why Bruce is leaving, the above points should clear it up a bit ;)

Firstly, there was the diary episode, where they printed and distributed several thousand copies of their official club diary. The first page listed all the honours they had won. Which is fine. The problem was that they listed Villa's honours list, which as you can imagine is somewhat more extensive (theres is one league cup and the leyland daf trophy).

They actually made an official statement which said "We would like to clarify that Birmingham City has never won the European Cup". Can you imagine how much fun we got out of that?

Bwahahaha! Thats fucking mental.

Please tell me there is a scan of that diary on the internet somewhere!

http://icbirmingham.icnetwork.co.uk/mail/news/tm_headline=football-club-s-inquiry-over-diary-blunder&method=full&objectid=18434823&siteid=50002-name_page.html

http://icbirmingham.icnetwork.co.uk/mail/news/tm_headline=football-club-s-inquiry-over-diary-blunder&method=full&objectid=18434823&siteid=50002-name_page.html

http://images.icnetwork.co.uk/upl/icbirmingham/jan2007/5/4/0BAA8966-D854-14BC-8F51F0D01C2510B3.jpg

Bwahahahaha! :laugh:

There are no words.

http://images.icnetwork.co.uk/upl/icbirmingham/jan2007/5/4/0BAA8966-D854-14BC-8F51F0D01C2510B3.jpg

Bwahahahaha! :laugh:

There are no words.

Imagine what it was like for us, getting gifted a story like that.

:)

Guest johnnyappleseed

I would be interested to see what he has spent, always thought he had spent a fair bit there...  :undecided:

I think they gave him a decent amount to spend when they first got promoted to the Premiership and after getting relegated last year to make sure they bounced back straight away. Apart from that they haven't give him much.

If you look at his transfer dealings this summer he did pretty well for both numbers and quality on a small budget. He'd get double his money back on Kapo now. De Ridder and Palacios were good finds on a free transfer and nominal fee respectively, good technical footballers.

Djourou was an astute loan signing and if Borja Oubina hadn't got a season ending injury he would have done the business for them on loan too. The lad has got a couple of Spain caps. Bit of a poor mans Xabi Alonso.

Although he did sign Liam Ridgewell for some reason and Maik Taylor still gets a game so it wasn't all good.

wow, looking at that list what would that man do without his wenger connection? last year he had 3 arsenal loanees. this year he gets djourou on loan. palacios had a trial with arsenal and wenger didn't have room for him so he called bruce and told him about palacios. and arsenal have a technical relationship with celta vigo and what do you know de ridder and oubina both played for vigo.

look for wigan to have a similar arsenal influence.

Guest kingdawson

Bruce is an ok manager but the decision to give Crystal palace £4 million plus Andy Johnson for Clinton Morrison will live with him forever.