Steve McClaren

Dave

For me our pre-season should be:

- Kickabout with local side

- Three-game tournament in Europe against at least one Europa League/CL-level side, otherwise top division sides at least

- Two games against higher-end Championship teams

- CL team at home the week before kick-off

:sadnod: I don't blame people, like. After four years of Pardew it's refreshing.

Can't understand any real excitement re: transfers, like. The squad's still full of holes and the players we have signed should've been here weeks ago.

- Three-game tournament in Europe against at least one Europa League/CL-level side, otherwise top division sides at least

100% agree. Would fancy a SJP tourney as well.

A real club would have arranged an SBR annual tournament between Ipswich, ourselves, PSV and Sporting....rotate around the clubs every year

A real club would have arranged an SBR annual tournament between Ipswich, ourselves, PSV and Sporting....rotate around the clubs every year

That would be class :thup:

I think more appropriate for the club in its current state would be an annual Alan Pardew is a cunt tournament between ourselves, Charlton, West Ham, and Southampton. It would have the added advantage of not having to play games in Europe thus meaning we weren't relegated before the season starts.

Nothing wrong with the long-haul stuff if it's done correctly to try and raise the profile in those areas. The Atlas match seemed decent friendly and workout, not sure what the benefit of a couple of matches against non-MLS teams are though, particularly one where he's scared to play on the surface.