Steve McClaren

Dave

I would also like to see a higher line and quicker CB allowing us to play that way.

Krul

Janmat    Mbemba      ?      Haidara

Sissoko          Wijnaldum

De Jong

Aarons                Perez

Mitrovic

Only concern there is Sissoko passing ability, I think we will go with Colback sitting  like this:

Krul

Janmat    Mbemba    ?      Haidara

Wijneldum  Colback

Sissoko      De Jong      Perez/Aarons

Mitorvic

De Jong is injured then play Perez behind. If Sissoko left the a proper winger would be great.

I also want Shaquiri if possible!

Sissoko in central 2 has never worked, will never work, cannot work, and so on. His skillset doesn't fit that position and it makes the team a liability in both directions.

I think this could work well:

Krul

Janmaat Mbemba Colo/Dummett Haidara

Colback

Sissoko                Wijnaldum

De Jong

Cisse    Mitrovic

Can always switch it to a 4-3-3 and bring Perez, Cabella or Aarons on the wing if the team needs more width. Or bring on Tiote/Anita for Cisse to add another holding midfielder for more defensive solidity / and to close out games.

Nah it has, alongside Anita a few times it's worked very well it just hasn't been tried very often. That game against Villa when Ben Arfa gave their fullback nightmares that he'll never recover from Sissoko played CM and played very well.

Not many formations actually fit this bunch of players, below could work, you could even swap Sissoko and De Jong around.                   

Krul

Janmaat Mbemba Colo Haidara

Anita

Sissoko        Wijnaldum

Perez                                    De Jong

Mitrovic

With the players we currently have (bar Aarons) we'd have to play very centrally with the forward players cutting inside & having the fullbacks providing the width and therefore the crosses.

Krul

Mbemba Colo/?

Janmaat                          Haidara

Anita

Sissoko        Wijnaldum

Perez                  De Jong

Mitrovic

Looks more like a 4-3-3 to me. Still not sure either way though, there's a big selection/formation dilemma in midfield which is good and I don't like the idea of Perez being out wide, I'd prefer to see him either alongside or playing just behind the striker.

Dont see how you can leave Cisse out. You're asking a lot of a 20 year old to take on both central defenders in his first season.

That 20 year old has scored against top level competition in the CL, he's a lot more experienced than his age gives credit for.

Dont see how you can leave Cisse out. You're asking a lot of a 20 year old to take on both central defenders in his first season.

That 20 year old has scored against top level competition in the CL, he's a lot more experienced than his age gives credit for.

Anderlecht played the majority of last season with a 4-2-3-1 formation with Mitrovic up top - It wouldn't be anything he wasn't used to and I think that de Jong and Ayoze floating about being pests in the space behind would give him ample support.

I think Cisse is quite 1 dimensional and wouldn't work well up front as part of a two, he can't play off the shoulder as he doesn't have the pace and is shite at holding the ball up. Playing Cisse would mean someone would have to be shifted out wide. Impact sub for me like

Not sure playing with one lad upfront has worked superbly for us for a while.

Because our midfield has stayed on the half way line, McClaren has repeatedly said about playing further forward and playing a passing game. Not sure how what hasn't worked in the past is relevant anyway, not like there are rules that apply to the club that can never change anyway.

I'm surprised so many people are writing Sissoko off, he's shown he can do a job for us even under shite managers and I hope he gets a chance to show what he's capable of when hopefully playing in a better team.

Anderlecht played the majority of last season with a 4-2-3-1 formation with Mitrovic up top - It wouldn't be anything he wasn't used to and I think that de Jong and Ayoze floating about being pests in the space behind would give him ample support.

I think Cisse is quite 1 dimensional and wouldn't work well up front as part of a two, he can't play off the shoulder as he doesn't have the pace and is shite at holding the ball up. Playing Cisse would mean someone would have to be shifted out wide. Impact sub for me like

:thup: I'm losing hope with Cisse. Scores goals but his link up and general combativeness is getting worse and worse.

True but the context is a bit different also. New team for him, more pressure from a big transfer, teams entire style of play is being rebuilt right now, new players getting used to eachother. A lot has to click & work together. Another striker right next to you instantly takes some of that off & at the very least takes the attention of one of those Cb's.

Just bored of watching one striker get isolated for us. Maybe Mclaren will sort that out, been the same story so far pre season though. Needs improvement.

Oh same, i can't remember the last time i saw a Newcastle team which was actually a team and not 3 parts miles apart from each other (defense, midfield and attack) but it doesn't mean it can't change. Also i wouldn't be surprised if we started slowly tbh, i'm kind of expecting it all things considered but as long as there are signs of improvement in the early weeks i'm ok with it.

I've watched Mitrovic give as good as he got against Dortmund's defence.  He'll be 'reet on his own up top.

Dortmund's defence is f***ing s*** tbf

They give up a lot of space but in terms of physicality i wouldn't say it's easy for a young striker to play against.

Yeah i think we'll be slow starters as well, it will take time before the team looks fluid (if it ever will) as there seems to be big changes in style/tactics. Especially with many new players as well. Worth noting is that it can't get fucking worse :lol: As mentioned, if we move in the right direction, safe and slowly, then no complaints from me. I'll give it 45 minutes before i smash something if Colback's captain and runs around weak as hangover piss though.

My preferred 11 for next season with the current signings:

Krul

Janmaat      Dummett Coloccini (Hopefully Mbemba or someone new)  Haidara

Wijnaldum Tiote

Sissoko                        De Jong                        Perez/Aarons

Mitrovic/Cisse

---------------------------------------------

The biggest problem areas for me currently are the disastrous centre of defence and the centre of midfield. None of the current Central defenders are good enough. Dummett may develop and Coloccini is still useful occasionally, but it will be a problem unless there are at least two signings for that position. The midfield is interesting. All of the players (Abeid, Titoe, Colback, Anita, possibly Sissoko and De Jong) are all at least decent and have their own attributes, but I am not sure they fit together in any coherent way. Anita is the one I rate least, so ideally he would be sold. IMO, Colback is preferrable to Tiote and Abeid (he has the potential to be very good, but is likely to be sold before that could happen anyway), but there needs to be a more physical presence in midfield than Jack, who is lightweight.

McClaren is decent manager imo, as well, so there is no reason for this side not to finish between 9th and 14th as is the aim.

My eleven would look something like this:

Not Elliot

Janmaat  -  Not Willyumsun  -  Not Williamson  - Not Dummett

Not Colback - Abeid

Not Gouffran                      Not Gouffron                Not Gouffrän

Not Riviere