Steve McClaren

Dave

If I was being overly critical of the guy I'd argue that he's taking the classic English manager track of starting the 'established' players because they're 'experienced' and only when they fail (because they're shit) will be turn to lads like Ayoze.

The Pardew method if you will.

Really hope I'm wrong but unless they're unfit Aarons and Perez should be starting games and people like De Jong, Obertan and Gouffran should be the ones earning their places.

Guest reefatoon

It's been annoying that he pretty much picked the same team for the last two games. Hope he mixes it up a bit for the next one, we really don't need to see how s*** Williamson, Colback, Anita, Gouffran and Obertan are again.

Lumping De Jong in with those two is a bit mad given Aarons' injury record wasn't that much better last season.

sort of a fair comment but there is no viable left winger beyond aarons hence i'd be starting him, and i'd be starting perez in the number 10 spot 'cause he's earned it and de jong hasn't

if there was a viable alternative to aarons then aye, he'd need to be earning his spot too

We could actually be in a fortunate position this season where we don't need to absolutely cane the life out of Perez, and let him develop with little pressure on him. The football fan in me wants to see him play at every opportunity, mind.

We could actually be in a fortunate position this season where we don't need to absolutely cane the life out of Perez, and let him develop with little pressure on him. The football fan in me wants to see him play at every opportunity, mind.

I think he earned the shirt to be honest, McLaren was bleating about Cisse's contribution but Ayoze had a massive season. He'd be rightfully gutted not to be first choice imo.

If Perez is going to start like he should then he'll have to start on the wing all things considered. Last season De Jong was hardly there and we didn't have Mitrovic, so based on that you are either replacing Sissoko or a left winger. ( which should be Aarons)

If Perez is going to start like he should then he'll have to start on the wing all things considered. Last season De Jong was hardly there and we didn't have Mitrovic, so based on that you are either replacing Sissoko or a left winger. ( which should be Aarons)

I'm saying I'd be starting Perez in De Jong's spot behind the striker for now and making De Jong earn it.

Krul

Janmaat Mbemba New CB New LB

Sissoko  Wijnaldum

De Jong

Perez              Aarons

Mitrovic

:drool:

I'm saying I'd be starting Perez in De Jong's spot behind the striker for now and making De Jong earn it.

Fair enough :thup:

Krul

Sissoko  Wijnaldum

De Jong

Mitrovic

I wouldn't be against that, but i can't see McClaren doing it sadly :lol: ( Sissoko-Wijnaldum part anyway)

Krul

Sissoko  Wijnaldum

De Jong

Mitrovic

Colback is a starter even if we sign Iniesta.

Personally i don't want Sissoko or Wijnaldum to be the distributor of the ball from deep. Wijnaldum i want more as box to box in a offensive role, and Sissoko isn't a player i'd like to have there spraying the ball around either as i don't think he'd be good enough at this. But who knows, it might work.

Abeid (if he can perform like he did against City) would be ideal there.

If that was the line up I'd happily sell Sissoko for a decent wedge and find a better deep player to start next to Wijnaldum.

Can't believe I'm saying that given up how much I used to rate Moussa

Still don't think Sissoko will be here when the window closes.

I don't think we'll sell him unless we get good money so I reckon he will still be here.

Suspect the same, who the hell will pay double figures for him?

We'll probably get double what we'd get now with proper coaching and him playing central.  I am worried Mclaren sees him on the right though.

Krul

Sissoko  Wijnaldum

De Jong

Mitrovic

Colback is a starter even if we sign Iniesta.

Colback is the ginger Iniesta.

Still don't think Sissoko will be here when the window closes.

I don't think we'll sell him unless we get good money so I reckon he will still be here.

Suspect the same, who the hell will pay double figures for him?

He's a goal scoring midfielder who can offer drive and width, I think we'd get a buyer for £10m easily. But we would probably be looking for closer to £15m considering the price we got for Cabaye.