Steve McClaren

Dave

I think the better managers view Sissoko for what he is, which is the only reason he hasn't left yet. i.e. The sides realistically above us don't need him and he wouldn't improve any of their squads. Plus the fact he struggles with basic footballing skills.

I think the better managers view Sissoko for what he is, which is the only reason he hasn't left yet. i.e. The sides realistically above us don't need him and he wouldn't improve any of their squads. Plus the fact he struggles with basic footballing skills.

This is my take on it like, unless there's someone who fancies setting up a purely counter attacking team with him as the crux then he'll stay with us.

Maybe Pardew if they let him blow more wedge.

Still don't think Sissoko will be here when the window closes.

I don't think we'll sell him unless we get good money so I reckon he will still be here.

Suspect the same, who the hell will pay double figures for him?

We'll probably get double what we'd get now with proper coaching and him playing central.  I am worried Mclaren sees him on the right though.

There only 3 central spots though, and going off others opinions it doesn't sound like Sissoko-Wij would work as a 2, and Wij I assume is a guaranteed starter.

So you either drop De Jong or Sissoko, or play Sissoko out right which isn't ideal, but I wouldn't say it'd be a travesty of Shola up front Cisse on the wing proportions.

Can't see Sissoko reacting well to being dropped to the bench in a Euro's year either. Making more and more sense to sell and reinvest in a proper right winger if we can get a good price.

Just a shame De Jong's injury record is so pants.

I don't think we'll sell him unless we get good money so I reckon he will still be here.

We'll probably get double what we'd get now with proper coaching and him playing central.  I am worried Mclaren sees him on the right though.

There only 3 central spots though, and going off others opinions it doesn't sound like Sissoko-Wij would work as a 2, and Wij I assume is a guaranteed starter.

So you either drop De Jong or Sissoko, or play Sissoko out right which isn't ideal, but I wouldn't say it'd be a travesty of Shola up front Cisse on the wing proportions.

Can't see Sissoko reacting well to being dropped to the bench in a Euro's year either. Making more and more sense to sell and reinvest in a proper right winger if we can get a good price.

if we're looking to keep the ball more sissoko should not be playing

You can keep the ball by passing it sideways and backwards. To score goals though you do need players who will drive forward and look to get in the box to support the strikers.

Right wing isn't Sissoko's best position but he's proven he can get assists there. Of all the square peg/round hole scenarios we could potentially have, this one bothers me the least.

You can keep the ball by passing it sideways and backwards. To score goals though you do need players who will drive forward and look to get in the box to support the strikers.

that's wijnaldum's role though surely?  you need a mix like, i get it, but if sissoko is staying he'll expect to be starting more often than not and i'm not sure he's right for us playing through the centre unless given a yaya sort of role with licence to get forward and 2 covering him, but that would surely clash with where we presumably intend to play de jong

that's wijnaldum's role though surely?  you need a mix like, i get it, but if sissoko is staying he'll expect to be starting more often than not and i'm not sure he's right for us playing through the centre unless given a yaya sort of role with licence to get forward and 2 covering him, but that would surely clash with where we presumably intend to play de jong

I think Sissoko will be played on the right side of midfield, I don't think either Wijnaldum or De Jong can do that role. They'll be vying for the central positions along with Anita and Colback.

I think Sissoko will be played on the right side of midfield, I don't think either Wijnaldum or De Jong can do that role. They'll be vying for the central positions along with Anita and Colback.

how are you seeing that line up like, 4-4-2 or 4-5-1/4-3-3

mitrovic

de jong

aarons wijnaldum colback (:anguish:) sissoko

something like that?

mitrovic

de jong

something like that?

Yes basically that. I can't see who else would go out wide on the right unless we are going to make another signing.

mitrovic

de jong

something like that?

Yes basically that. I can't see who else would go out wide on the right unless we are going to make another signing.

million ways you can cut our options like, and for me until de jong actually does something i'd not have him in them....swap cabella in for aarons or perez or even a new attacking wide player...sissoko with the job of driving things forward through the middle supported by wijnaldum

mitrovic

aarons                perez

wijnaldum sissoko  abeid

mitrovic

de jong

something like that?

million ways you can cut our options like, and for me until de jong actually does something i'd not have him in them....swap cabella in for aarons or perez or even a new attacking wide player...sissoko with the job of driving things forward through the middle supported by wijnaldum

mitrovic

aarons                perez

wijnaldum sissoko  abeid

if de jong is fit he has to play.

I wouldn't write off Tiote yet, if we need a pure holding player anyway.

I think he's written himself off, barely seems to have been fit or motivated for the past year. I doubt McClaren will use him when we've got so many other options there now. But as a holding player I still think he's better than Colback who doesn't really do the job of either a defensive or attacking midfielder.

Don't think McClaren rated Tiote much either? Seem to remember that he was mostly used as a sub at Twente?

Tactical though right, played well over 20 games and was used to enforce his physicality and help close things out iirc

I mean as opposed to him just not being liked, McLaren used him in a very narrow role

It's been annoying that he pretty much picked the same team for the last two games. Hope he mixes it up a bit for the next one, we really don't need to see how s*** Williamson, Colback, Anita, Gouffran and Obertan are again.

The players you mention don't have our old coaching staff speaking up for them, so I hope they're only being getting a chance first as a mark of respect for the number of games they got last year. Hopefully McClaren and the coaches will see them for what they are, and the "so that's why they were nearly relegated" penny will drop.

I'd sell Sissoko if it meant we were going to sign a top RW and use the Sissoko funds to help get the right one in.

I'd also just love to attempt Wik-Sissoko as a central 2 and De Jong as the #10 - but in that we'd need Mbemba and another CB with a bit of pace as we'll be defending far higher up the pitch.

LB, 2 CBs (1 being Mbemba), and a Winger and I'd be happy.

I think that we will see a lot more of Anita this year and that he will be completely different. This is a guy that came through the Ajax set up, he can play - problem is he got pardewed! If, as has been stated, McClaren wants to pass it around rather than the kick and chase of Pards then I can see him using Anita as his DM collecting from the back and moving it forward. I still have hope that this guy has something to offer.