Steve McClaren

Dave

Imagine them begging the fans to come back and then promptly hiring Carver should safety be obtained by sheer blind luck.

At any other club it would be inconceivable . . . .

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/may/06/newcastle-steve-mcclaren-derby-county-john-carver?

It is believed Ashley let McClaren know it was a case of now or never, so unless the Sports Direct tycoon has a major change of heart and comes back on bended knee with the offer of Premier League football and a hefty salary, then Newcastle will have to find their next head coach from elsewhere.

:lol: Ashley playing hardball to phenomenal success yet again.  Bloke's thick as 2 short planks.

This is the crux of it; in every other walk of life he's used to people parting like the sea before Moses and get his own way. The delusion of wealth means he can't get his head round why this is going tits skyward. Fuck knows, who knows why he bothers to be honest; he's either mental or evil. Either way he can get bent.

• 2 weeks later...

Npw

Ryder on Twitter

Interesting developments at #dcfc with Steve McClaren with reports that he could leave in next 48 hours.

Or off to the mackems? Assuming Dick is still considered just interim.

Really don't see him as any kind of progress personally.  I know he has a good record (bar England) but something does not feel right about him being our manager.

Probably a marginal improvement on Pardew - a patchy cunt

Guest Roger Kint

Would struggle to maintain an interest in us even if we stayed up and brought this waster in. Have us solid in 12th place forever......pointless existence

Guest Roger Kint

I can't believe any of you would seriously moan about McLaren when you know what the alternative is.

:suicide:

Exactly. Lets just all accept a lesser form of mediocrity......thats the true spirit of football

I can't believe any of you would seriously moan about McLaren when you know what the alternative is.

:suicide:

Exactly. Lets just all accept a lesser form of mediocrity......thats the true spirit of football

He's an actual football manager who has actually won some stuff.  That represents progress.

Is it the most inspiring appointment we could make? Absolutely not but i'd bite both your arms and legs off to get him here because if Carver is in charge beyond Sunday i'm in danger of hanging myself.

This. Mike Ashley is our owner. We're never going to appoint Remi Garde, or Paco Jemez, or Michael Laudrup as long as the blob pulls the strings. We all know this.

Hounding Ashley out is our main focus, in the meantime McClaren is as good as it can get, how depressing it may sound.

Guest Roger Kint

Neither are going to convince me that NUFC will advance beyond mere survival in the bottom half of the league. Couldnt give a shit how desperate you are for it but accepting mediocrity as an alternative to abject failure is embarrassing. Either way i wont be watching Ashley give him the bare bones to accomplish 40 points each year

Neither are going to convince me that NUFC will advance beyond mere survival in the bottom half of the league. Couldnt give a s*** how desperate you are for it but accepting mediocrity as an alternative to abject failure is embarrassing. Either way i wont be watching Ashley give him the bare bones to accomplish 40 points each year

I agree, but there is, obviously, only one way we can rise from mediocrity, and that is by change of ownership.

Guest Roger Kint

Neither are going to convince me that NUFC will advance beyond mere survival in the bottom half of the league. Couldnt give a s*** how desperate you are for it but accepting mediocrity as an alternative to abject failure is embarrassing. Either way i wont be watching Ashley give him the bare bones to accomplish 40 points each year

I agree, but there is, obviously, only one way we can rise from mediocrity, and that is by change of ownership.

Until theres someone prepared to buy us and fans are prepared to walk away completely(already some saying its a step up on Carver so will stay) there will be no change imo