Steve McClaren

Dave

Personally I would prefer moyes.

I also think Mourinho could be tempted until the end of the season it would be good for his ego.

Moyes would be the worst appointment for me. If he kept us up he would have us between 12th and 15th every season, Ashley would love that and the fans would sit and accept it.

Let's face it, the last thing we need if we do get shot of Farmer John is a manager that bases everything on a solid defence like Moyes or Mourinho. Because we don't have a defence. Our best bet is someone who can get the most out of the multitude of attacking players we've got so we can outscore the other teams around us.

Rodgers and Moyes would both have to be classed as legitimate appointments regardless of your opinions about them. That would at least be a step up from the Kinnears and Pardews of the world.

Really? Both failed at the last job or jobs for Moyes and both probably desperate for a job.

I thought he didn't have a say in the signings

He signed Joe Allen, one of his former players at Swansea. I don't think he signed Suarez.

Dalglish signed Suarez.

Pardew would love to have signed Suarez. Although maybe not come to think of it.

I don't particularly think Rodgers failed tbh and Liverpool have hardly got any better since he left, he's clearly a very good coach and unlike McClaren he's not a useless at managing egos either. Don't know enough about Moyes time at Sociedad to comment.

Come on, both are worlds away from utter s*** like Pardew and medicore pansies like McClaren.

Yeah I'm not comparing in terms of ability, I'm thinking a real step away from the usual Ahley appointments would be a top foreign appointment.

I'm not trying to say Pardew and McClaren are equal to Moyes and Rodgers.

How did Rodgers fail at Liverpool? ???

He was allowed to spend a shitload of money and failed to produce a team which got into the CL.

He didn't spend it and very few of the players bought were suited to his style