Steve McClaren

Dave

It's this kind of attitude why we accepted McClaren. "Well who else we going to get, noone will come" well aye because we actively don't want them, that's why we're fucking shit.

That's not true at all, there's a world of difference between accepting McClaren and believing someone like Benitez would want to come here. Literally.

:thup: that was bullshit from me like.

What I mean in general is everything we're capable of is dictated by Ashley, and the perimeters for who we can or cannot get are set by that. Essentially anything we get is all we're capable of because we'll only get whoever Ashley/Charnley want, no better. That applies to Remi Garde as much as it does Benitez.

I do believe that Benitez would consider us though if we decided we wanted to take this Premiership thing seriously and came at him with a good offer. Like KI says he won't change so it's a null point in any case. Carry on :lol:

If we are relegated his reputation takes a massive blow.

Does it though?

Yeah.  He's already coming off an embarrassingly shirt reign at Madrid.  The next manager at Napoli is doing better than he ever did. 

In the summer you would think Man U, Chelsea and Valencia would be looking for new managers.  While he may not get any of those jobs - whoever they do get will most likely open an opportunity at a current opportunity.

Does it though?

Yeah.  He's already coming off an embarrassingly shirt reign at Madrid.  The next manager at Napoli is doing better than he ever did. 

In the summer you would think Man U, Chelsea and Valencia would be looking for new managers.  While he may not get any of those jobs - whoever they do get will most likely open an opportunity at a current opportunity.

Did he wear Hawaiian tops on the touch line or something?

Does it though?

I'd think the circumstances of the appointment would cushion any damage to the reputation, i.e. he was asked to come in and perform the impossible and couldn't, should anyone get a lot of stick for that?

The situation is almost hopeless. I don't see how anyone's reputation could be tarnished by giving it a go especially if they at least come close to saving us. Don't forget these people tend to have an unshakable belief in their own ability. Just look at our last two managers for proof of that. We should at least try. Even Mourinho would take 5 million for 3 months work. I mean why wouldn't you?

The situation is almost hopeless. I don't see how anyone's reputation could be tarnished by giving it a go especially if they at least come close to saving us. Don't forget these people tend to have an unshakable belief in their own ability. Just look at our last two managers for proof of that. We should at least try. Even Mourinho would take 5 million for 3 months work. I mean why wouldn't you?

I think some of the same qualities would make it seem like an insult, as we're not a BIG CLUBTM.

Ok, the glass is half full.

This silence from the club must be a positive thing. If they had no intention on sacking McClownface they would have made some sort of statement by now.

Surely they are on the phone with Benitez brokering a good deal there before they announce the sacking of Schteevie...

This silence from the club must be a positive thing. If they had no intention on sacking McClownface they would have made some sort of statement by now.

Surely they are on the phone with Benitez brokering a good deal there before they announce the sacking of Schteevie...

Nah the silence from the clubb is bad, when things are going against them they stay very hush hush and seem to just hope for the best. Going off recent history.

Nah the silence from the clubb is bad, when things are going against them they stay very hush hush and seem to just hope for the best. Going off recent history.

Going by the fan forum meeting minutes we're not in a relegation fight so there's nowt to worry about.

Nah. If you look at what Pardew and Carver were going through, the club were quick and decisive in making a statement backing their man. They didnt do it after the Chelsea mauling, the tame surrender at Stoke and the shambles of yesterday including that supposed statement from the 'players'. Keeping my glass half full for now.

The only thing I am clinging to is they usually tell that Keith Downie fella from Sky , he's usually the one to break any news even if it's to say nothing is happening. Seems to be him anyway since David Craig moved from north east reporter to football league. I do worry they will wait until the international break after the derby though