Forget Riquelme

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest jimmy1982

if cheap it would be good. he could be played behind viduka in a 451 which would probably be best, or maybe alongisde barton or butt at a push. can he play on the right? we could play him on the right side of a narrow midfield if we wanted, maybe with wing backs or something as 532 or a narrow 442.

Maybe on the right side of a three in midfield would work, but he can't play as an out and out right midfielder, that was what went wrong with him at Barcelona. Van Gaal didn't rate him, so shoved him out on the right and he did nowt - he hasn't got any pace whatsover and doesn't do much tracking back either.

He needs to be in the middle with everything going through him otherwise he might as well not be on the pitch. I think he's had problems with coaches either not understanding that or not having enough confidence in him to build their strategy around him. We saw what happened when a coach did put faith in him in the build up to, and in the early stages of, the last world cup - he was the playmaker in Peckerman's Argentina team and they absolutely howked everyone for 2 years, passing them off the pitch. who knows, maybe Sam could get the best out of him.

We are dreaming here like, if he leaves Boca it won't be to come here, all the top clubs will want him and I bet he won't even come to England it will be Spain to Barca or Real Madrid.

Yeah, I doubt that.

There is more chance of seeing Riquelme playing for Huddersfield next season than Barcelona.

The fact that I have barely seen the lads play a pass along the deck in the midfield for about 3 years now suggests that Riquelme would not exactly work in our team!

Would obviously improve the set pieces beyond measure. He is however very lazy and pretty slow. Once he has the ball great things would happen - its just getting it to him in the first place with our current tactics thats the problem.

There will also be better offers for him. That Arshavin guy looked a good player for Russia, good creativity and pace.

• 2 weeks later...

------------------Viduka-----------------

Martins------------------------Arshavin

-------Emre--Barton--Riquelme-------

Enrique----Faye----Cacapa----Beye

------------------Given------------------

Looks like a damn good 4-3-3 to me. How realistic it is, is up to others to debate. Im a dreamer.

Guest jimmy1982

Riquelme's free-kick was top drawer, right in the corner. his passing was unbelievable considering the state of that pitch! In my mind he is the finest footballer on the planet, and bearing in mind we will be firmly rooted in the bottom half of the premier league by the time the january window comes around it will take some fair old convincing by Sam to get him here. he would be a gamble in the prem, but the way things are going we're going to be very mediocre this season and at least if we signed him and it didn't really come off for him we'd still be mediocre but at least we'd have some good passes to remember this season by. he's still got a lot of good years left in him - would love to think sam would sign him as a long term part of the team. this season could be a bedding in one and when he's adjusted to the english game we'll start passing teams off the pitch. wishfull thinking...

He is a 29 year old  mentally weak dwarf who has fell out with his club. Cant see any of the G14 clubs going anywhere near this fucker. We have as good as chance as any of Europes other 2nd tier clubs in the major leagues.

he's a centimeter off six foot so not exactly a dwarf.

He is a 29 year old  mentally weak dwarf who has fell out with his club. Cant see any of the G14 clubs going anywhere near this fucker. We have as good as chance as any of Europes other 2nd tier clubs in the major leagues.

he's a centimeter off six foot so not exactly a dwarf.

I think I was visualising Saviola when I typed that O0