Weekends Other Games

Karjala

I for one am shitting myself this evening. Barely paid any notice of the other games today.

I hate derbies.

I watched our match here in Solihull with me mate who is Blues fan.

I must admit I felt a huge sense of relief when the final whistle went and I looked at him and thought he has another 24 hours to wait  before he goes through all this.

Awful matches they are

Where in Solihull did you watch it?

I'm so glad I don't live in Solihull any more. The place is absolutely crawling with 'noses.

Did you ever stumble across Fat Barry Austin, the world's most famous blue nose?

Just at home in Shirley

I believe Garry Sprake used to live down my road - he may still do for all I know.

I havent come across him, no. Is he from around here ?

I for one am shitting myself this evening. Barely paid any notice of the other games today.

I hate derbies.

I must admit I felt a huge sense of relief when the final whistle went and I looked at him and thought he has another 24 hours to wait  before he goes through all this.

Awful matches they are

I'm so glad I don't live in Solihull any more. The place is absolutely crawling with 'noses.

Did you ever stumble across Fat Barry Austin, the world's most famous blue nose?

Just at home in Shirley

I believe Garry Sprake used to live down my road - he may still do for all I know.

He's Britain's fattest man, and a bluenose season ticket holder.

He used to live on the corner of Hay Lane, in Monkspath. I used to see him a lot (I used to live off Frankholmes Drive) - he's your archetypal nose.

I hate derbies.

Awful matches they are

Just at home in Shirley

He used to live on the corner of Hay Lane, in Monkspath. I used to see him a lot (I used to live off Frankholmes Drive) - he's your archetypal nose.

There was a program about him on a few years back, fuck me what a state to get in to.

I hate derbies.

Awful matches they are

Just at home in Shirley

There was a program about him on a few years back, fuck me what a state to get in to.

I know. Things have got pretty fucking desperate when your only outlet in life is sitting on your two season ticket seats at that pig hole every fortnight.

Today should be interesting.

Already had a scan of the red tops - this week its Mascherano for £16m( :thup:), Adriano/Bianchi loan swap( ???), Berbatov for £20m( :kasper:), and Robinson for £6m( :weep:)

Then we'll be having the silence at 11...especially poigant this year - My Grandad, who was a WW2 veteran, passed away a couple of months ago tomorrow. RIP old fella.  :icon_salut:

Then we come to the game. Portsmouth away. Real acid test. So far away we're 1-1-3 - but the 3 losses were all to good sides - Arsenal, Blackburn, Chelsea - but the way we rolled over last time out makes this a big, big game. Don't wanna become soft touches on the road. Diop is banned so Elano should have a bit of fun but I don't expect us to come away with any points - they're a very good side IMO, more than capable of keeping us out (especially if Sven persists with Mpenza and puts him up on his tod against Campbell and Distin). But I hope we put up a much better fight than last time. Also hope he keeps Vedran Corluka at centre half and plays Richards at right back. End up 2-1 Pompey maybe. Altho I'd prefer we won 13-0 and Blackburn get a point at the swamp. Top of da league.  :cheesy:

Just watched the first half of Birmingham/Villa. Pretty good game.

Birmingham have been unlucky. After dominating the first ten minutes Villa then had two frankly rubbish attacks, their first of the game, and somehow that donkey Ridgewell scores yet another own goal from the second one. Why would anyone pay actual money for this guy?

Could have had two pens as well.

I prefer Villa but hope Birmingham get a result today as it's better for us :thup:

Guest eyeball_tickler

how can a player get booked for celebrating with his own fans in a local derby

football is wrecked man

booked for celebrating a last minute-ish winning goal in a derby at your arch rivals ground. rather harsh.

still, its good to see refs are consistent. the mackem didnt get one yesterday for almost inciting a riot/pitch invasion.

The fact West Ham can go to Derby and win 5-0 is enough proof Allardyce i sthe wrong man for this club and the sooner he is out the better.

I know what you mean, like Luton beat Sunderland and are struggling in league 1 yet we could only scrap a draw! Terrible we are! Allardyce out!!!

The fact West Ham can go to Derby and win 5-0 is enough proof Allardyce i sthe wrong man for this club and the sooner he is out the better.

I know what you mean, like Luton beat Sunderland and are struggling in league 1 yet we could only scrap a draw! Terrible we are! Allardyce out!!!

:lol:

Exactly.  Everyone who lost to lower league opposition in the cup yesterday should be getting rid of their managers first thing in the morning.  Then we'll have loads of replacements to choose from as well!