First three names on the team sheet?

NSG

Milner gets some crazy abuse on here like.

Young, hungry, talented, scores some crucial goals and gives 100% for the lads. All reasons to give him dog's abuse apparently.

Young? Yep, sort of.

Hungry? He's meant to be.

100%? He is meant to.

Talented? To some extent. Not the best technically, slower than you, crossing is poor and shooting is just as erratic.

Crucial goals? He has scored 1 in 15

Is he good enough for an ambitious club? Probably not. All depends on perspective. He is a good squad player because of the attributes you mention. No more than that. Would I swap him for Ashley Young? Lennon? SWP? Too right I would. Its not dogs abuse. Its jsut getting some perspective. He has been piss poor all season and the cross yesterday won't change opinions too much.

Milner gets some crazy abuse on here like.

Young, hungry, talented, scores some crucial goals and gives 100% for the lads. All reasons to give him dog's abuse apparently.

Young? Yep, sort of.

Hungry? He's meant to be.

100%? He is meant to.

Talented? To some extent. Not the best technically, slower than you, crossing is poor and shooting is just as erratic.

Crucial goals? He has scored 1 in 15

Is he good enough for an ambitious club? Probably not. All depends on perspective. He is a good squad player because of the attributes you mention. No more than that. Would I swap him for Ashley Young? Lennon? SWP? Too right I would. Its not dogs abuse. Its jsut getting some perspective. He has been piss poor all season and the cross yesterday won't change opinions too much.

Spurs one must have passed me by...

And the Sunderland one? Was that not crucial? :lol:

Guest rebel_yell12

Three top names:  Faye, N'Zogbia, Owen

Close fourth:  Martins

I quite agree with ohmelads about the squad's current form and playing Martins, but in general I rate Owen higher than Martins.  Actually, I'd like to see the Owen/Martins partnership continue.  I think given time to adjust, they could be quite effective.  Especially if Sam gets "risky" and plays a 4-3-3 with all three strikers on (Viduka, Owen, and Martins).  Martins could become a very creative threat with his loads of pace, if he improves his link play some.  I honestly don't think it should be a matter of having Owen and Martins compete.  Owen is a top-class finisher, an incredible asset to any top team.  He's unfortunately wasted in a team that's midtable standard.  I'd much rather Newcastle learn to play in such a way as to make use of his well-known talents, than see him sold or benched.  If Newcastle want to be a top team, keeping players of Owen's class is essential.  

Three top names:  Faye, N'Zogbia, Owen

Close fourth:  Martins

I quite agree with ohmelads about the squad's current form and playing Martins, but in general I rate Owen higher than Martins.  Actually, I'd like to see the Owen/Martins partnership continue.  I think given time to adjust, they could be quite effective.  Especially if Sam gets "risky" and plays a 4-3-3 with all three strikers on (Viduka, Owen, and Martins).  Martins could become a very creative threat with his loads of pace, if he improves his link play some.  I honestly don't think it should be a matter of having Owen and Martins compete.  Owen is a top-class finisher, an incredible asset to any top team.  He's unfortunately wasted in a team that's midtable standard.  I'd much rather Newcastle learn to play in such a way as to make use of his well-known talents, than see him sold or benched.  If Newcastle want to be a top team, keeping players of Owen's class is essential.  

Then why didnt he finish his 2 chances v derland?

Three top names:  Faye, N'Zogbia, Owen

Close fourth:  Martins

I quite agree with ohmelads about the squad's current form and playing Martins, but in general I rate Owen higher than Martins.  Actually, I'd like to see the Owen/Martins partnership continue.  I think given time to adjust, they could be quite effective.  Especially if Sam gets "risky" and plays a 4-3-3 with all three strikers on (Viduka, Owen, and Martins).  Martins could become a very creative threat with his loads of pace, if he improves his link play some.  I honestly don't think it should be a matter of having Owen and Martins compete.  Owen is a top-class finisher, an incredible asset to any top team.  He's unfortunately wasted in a team that's midtable standard.  I'd much rather Newcastle learn to play in such a way as to make use of his well-known talents, than see him sold or benched.  If Newcastle want to be a top team, keeping players of Owen's class is essential. 

Then why didnt he finish his 2 chances v derland?

Or the various other chances he has squandered this season. If it was Oba who'd missed the ones like Owen he'd be slaughtered.

These places should be regular...

GK - Given

RB - Beye

LB - Enrique

CB - Faye

CB -

RM - Milner

LM - N'Zogbia

CM -

CM -

CF - martins

CF -

Base the four missing players on the opposition.

Yeah 100% agree with that..

No way

Yes Way. I agree with that team.

Shocked that so many actually think Viduka is good. He is a good finisher yes and has good technique yes but he's very very slow (a huge disadvantage for us in todays game) and also very weak in the air being outmuscled by CB's 99% of the time so he creates next to nothing himself and needs alot of creativity much like Owen does to feed off. Martins is an absolute must for me as he's lightining quick, skillfull, two footed, hard working, unpredictable, a nightmare to mark and capable of dropping into the midfield and run from deep etc etc. We need to build the team around the rarely injured Martins rather than the almost always injured very fragile owen. I'd much preffer someone like the scum's impressive K. Jones personally over Viduka or Owen at this moment in time.

Owen and Viduka are for me both luxuary players who if we are not dominating the game and creating much are pretty useless, as they are both just good finishers, there's not much else to their game really, they don't create much themselves. They are not what you need in todays game as they are not capable of dropping deep into midfield helping out and picking up the ball running at players. Look at Manu with Rooney, Ronaldo and Tevez three players who are quick and skillfull and who will drop back into the midfield to help out and can run at the opposition from deep if needs to, we are light years behind in this respect. Martins should have been on earlier probably for Viduka as he is capable of this. Jones (like Drogba, Benjani, Torres etc) is a great example of the modern striker i.e. big strong, quick, intellegent and can shoot, score, head, good engine, capable of dropping deep to help out then storm forward with great effect, we need a striker who can offer us this + a manager who is able to pick a decent team.

Without getting into the Owen argument too much, are people seriously suggesting he isn't a good finisher?

No.

Difficult to see what point Tim was making then or why you backed him up.

Without getting into the Owen argument too much, are people seriously suggesting he isn't a good finisher?

No.

Difficult to see what point Tim was making then or why you backed him up.

He has missed a lot more chances this season than I have seen him do so in past instances, this however can more than likely at the time be put down to a lack of match sharpness.

Although the way he's been made to play lately, with his dropping deep, he's very rarely getting a chance 1 vs 1 with the keeper, which is where he scores most of his goals.