Just been Watching

NE5

Guest alijmitchell

I have never a Newcastle goal scored generate the sort of the reaction that one did in the 14years i have been going to the match.

Was down there for it, and i know exactly what you mean, don't remember the goal going in, just being crushed by a load of fat blokes in nufc tops and smacking my head off those shitty seats, and i was 14 at the time. The game was ridiculous, the most crushing defeat of my life, as we completely did them. Fucking cried my eyes out on the bus afterwards.

cried my eyes out when that game finished. Totally deserved to win, the lads gave EVERYTHING, and a reasonably easy final awaited...

(we would have still lost the fucker like, the way only NUFC does, probs 3-0 after 10mins only to lose 4-3 thanks to 4 massive defensive errors.)

I still dont think i've ever re-watched the winning goal from this one.

Bloody Poyet! How many goals did he score for Chelsea and Spurs against us?  :knuppel2:

I still dont think i've ever re-watched the winning goal from this one.

Bloody Poyet! How many goals did he score for Chelsea and Spurs against us?  :knuppel2:

Six in twelve appearances at a quick glance on Soccerbase.

I actually think i disliked Chelsea more in that era than i do know. Even though they were no great shakes, the likes of Poyet, Vialli, LePoof and Petrescu always appeared so smug. Tw@ts.

An absolute travesty of a game, we'd have been favourites in the final as well had we won.

Smacked them round the place, I remember going absolutely mental in my living room when Lee buried that header, was sure we'd go on from there and win. We just switched of for a split second after the goal and Poyet the cunt has to get a brilliant goal. I'll hate him always.

An absolute travesty of a game, we'd have been favourites in the final as well had we won.

Smacked them round the place, I remember going absolutely mental in my living room when Lee buried that header, was sure we'd go on from there and win. We just switched of for a split second after the goal and Poyet the cunt has to get a brilliant goal. I'll hate him always.

How many times have we said that over the years?  :weep:

switched off for both of the goals mate.

The more you watch it, the more unreal it all becomes.

Guest thenorthumbrian

I actually think i disliked Chelsea more in that era than i do know. Even though they were no great shakes, the likes of Poyet, Vialli, LePoof and Petrescu always appeared so smug. Tw@ts.

And now they've got Lampard so they're still smug bastards.

I have never a Newcastle goal scored generate the sort of the reaction that one did in the 14years i have been going to the match.

Was down there for it, and i know exactly what you mean, don't remember the goal going in, just being crushed by a load of fat blokes in nufc tops and smacking my head off those shitty seats, and i was 14 at the time. The game was ridiculous, the most crushing defeat of my life, as we completely did them. Fucking cried my eyes out on the bus afterwards.

Just think what it would be like if we scored in a cup final. Would be absolute chaos.

I was there for it also, although i really cannot remember much about the match itself apart from Rob Lee's goal nearly breaking my back in half and some fit middle aged bird next to me cracking onto me the whole match then pissing off 5mins before then end.

Guest Mucky01

been to wembley 4 times and that was the only time we looked in the game.

one lasting memory was the stick Graham Rix got as they walked out before the game - 40,000 toon fans all repeatedly shouting "Graham Rix is a paedophile" - class.

been to wembley 4 times and that was the only time we looked in the game.

one lasting memory was the stick Graham Rix got as they walked out before the game - 40,000 toon fans all repeatedly shouting "Graham Rix is a paedophile" - class.

haha i'd forgotten about that.

I didn't know who had scored til i saw back at London hotel after the match like.

Still fucking hate Wembley : 4 visits, 4 shit defeats watching NUFC.

It was a brilliant day, we hadn't seen a single Chelsea fan before the game until we got almost to Wembley.  When Lee scored I was convinced that we were going to lift the Cup as we were playing really well and had actually managed to score at Wembley.

I was on the same side as the Royal Box but was almost in line with Rob Lee when he scored, I think I went from the middle of the front section to the front row without touching the ground.  Rob Lee's goal was probably the best moment of my life and that's saying something having been at the birth of my kids.  That goal was better than seeing the kids born although if I had to lose one of my kids or the goal then the goal would have to go, if that makes sense.

It was a brilliant day, we hadn't seen a single Chelsea fan before the game until we got almost to Wembley.  When Lee scored I was convinced that we were going to lift the Cup as we were playing really well and had actually managed to score at Wembley.

I was on the same side as the Royal Box but was almost in line with Rob Lee when he scored, I think I went from the middle of the front section to the front row without touching the ground.  Rob Lee's goal was probably the best moment of my life and that's saying something having been at the birth of my kids.  That goal was better than seeing the kids born although if I had to lose one of my kids or the goal then the goal would have to go, if that makes sense.

Surely if we'd won 1-0 the outcome of the choice would be different... ;)