Tim Krul

Minhosa

I'v only seen him once against Dundee United.  He made a couple of decent stops and wasn't at fault for any of the goals.

He's doing reasonably well in a crap team.  Falkirk get a good press because Russell Latapy plays for them but they're a poor outfit.  They try to play football the right way but that doesn't win you games in that league.

Artur Boruc, Alan McGregor and Gregorzs Szomutulski are probably the three best 'keepers in the league at the moment.

Doing pretty well behind of one of the worst defences in the history of football from what I can gather from people I know up in Scotland and media reports.

If he's good enough, not a bad thing to be stuck behind a lousy defence tbh.  Did Ben Foster a power of good spending 2 seasons at Watford.  If he had stayed fit, I think Foster would have had the England jersey by now.

Most seem fairly happy with him then. A few fairly unsure, too...

Meh. Would be nice to see him with a Championship club. He'll be up against some decent attacks in that division, but when he's playing behind a defense like that then it's a lot for him to take in his first first-team experience. Put him somewhere where he's got a decent outfit infront of him and it might prove a more fruitful switch for him.

He's just gaining experience at the moment really.

Worryingly those who aren't that impressed seem to be listing the exact same faults Given and Harper are critisised for.

Yeah, i noticed that. Needless to say, Krul has time on his side.

It's a shame that Given's been inconsistent fitness-wise, because it'll probably mean that Krul will stay with us for the rest of the season when he comes back. Would be great to see him go out to the Championship.

Worryingly those who aren't that impressed seem to be listing the exact same faults Given and Harper are critisised for.

Yeah, i noticed that. Needless to say, Krul has time on his side.

It's a shame that Given's been inconsistent fitness-wise, because it'll probably mean that Krul will stay with us for the rest of the season when he comes back. Would be great to see him go out to the Championship.

Personally I think that the kind of stuff used to criticize Given (good shot stopper but no command of defense/aerial ability/distributing) is just the universal method people use when they want to find fault in good keepers. Since they're shot stopping is so good, people just assume that their other, less observable abilities must be horrible.

Granted, I'm not saying that Given has great distribution or anything, but still, it's something to think about.

His apparent poor kicking ability stood out for me. Ropey on crosses too...

Given's never been a particularly dominant goalkeeper, but i think it's a bit of a myth saying that he's bad when it comes to telling the defense what to do.

Guest nufc_geordie

this made me laff from the Falkirk msg board  ;D

"Get him tae fcuk out of our defence before somebody gets hurt"

Sounds like something we should have been saying when Bramble was here!

Krul's height will give him an advantage in terms of improving his aerial dominance. There are not a lot of good young goalkeepers around so we should be thankful that we have one of the potentially top keepers in Europe. He should be at a good championship side though rather than cannon fodder up in the SPL.

Krul's height will give him an advantage in terms of improving his aerial dominance. There are not a lot of good young goalkeepers around so we should be thankful that we have one of the potentially top keepers in Europe. He should be at a good championship side though rather than cannon fodder up in the SPL.

But he's not really that tall, for a GK anyway.

Well he was super impressive in the match against Palermo last season.

Long time ago, but its the one thing in my memory that sticks out, its also apparent from reading the Falkirk board that most of the people with a clue have been impressed.

i always thought he has a good kick on him, as he's left-footed.. surprised they mention kicking as his main weakness.. as for 'aerial dominance' most young keepers are shit at that, but that can only be learned through match experience..