If possible I would sell Michael Owen in Jan...

Parky

:lol:

A big enough offer though and I think they'd be tempted. He also seems to be a bit of a mercenary type so would be attracted to playing with the likes of Viduka, Anelka... Especially if Mccarthy leaves.

Spose it would depend on how we and Blackburn do up till Jan.

Guest LUKASJJ

I would sell Owen if we could get Anelka with the money and then also sign Arsharvin. My friend lived in Russia for 6 months and saw quite a few Zenit games he says Arsharvin is something else. Rates him as good as someone like Elano. Very creative and tricky.

I wouldnt like to see Owen go particularly though as i feel it would be a shame and i can see him going to another club which plays a system that suits him and he will score loads of goals.

The funny thing is that Owen was doing well under SouMess before he injured his foot in the game with Spurs...What was SouMess doing right that Allardyce is not ?!?

Guest Sniffer

Said before, I hope Owen does go, to a team that can play football on the deck and he starts to rattle in the goals. Go as far as to say I wouldn't be  that bothered if he rattles them in against us. It' s absolutely absurd to have a player of Owen's ability and play everything in the air. But that's what you get with the myopic approach of Fat Sam and the grunts he's bought, especially at the back who seem to think that's the only way to play.

Sell Owen and good luck to him. Use the 10 mill or so and buy 5 more " players " at two mill apiece Sam, and the simpletons will call it building a squad. And use some of the money to get a third video monitor to sqeeze behind so you definitely can't miss the shambles on the field.

Oh....and a nother truck load or two of chewing gum in case you run out.

Guest Sniffer

Is he?

He's about as mobile as a player who was talked into another year before wrapping it up. Doesn't really say much.

Both of them could hold up a ball but Viduka in no way intimidates the opposition just by his presence something AS did against most teams.. Plus the fact viduka plays two, misses three, plays three, msses four.

Is he?

He's about as mobile as a player who was talked into another year before wrapping it up. Doesn't really say much.

Both of them could hold up a ball but Viduka in no way intimidates the opposition just by his presence something AS did against most teams.. Plus the fact viduka plays two, misses three, plays three, msses four.

Didn't say it did. All I was saying was that Decky implied Owen had good form at the start of 05 season due to the fact he was playing alongside a quality striker. When, in 2005, Shearer wasn't.

The funny thing is that Owen was doing well under SouMess before he injured his foot in the game with Spurs...What was SouMess doing right that Allardyce is not ?!?

Owen still had his original knees back then.

Seems like the silly season has already started................

..............Newcastle’s perennially injured England striker Michael Owen is apparently not all that keen on new Toon boss Sam Allardyce and would be all for a move in the January transfer window (Daily Express). Even with his well-documented injury problems, at the right price (£15m has been reported) the 27-year-old would be a good buy and  Liverpool, Tottenham and Manchester City have all apparently been showing an interest

Juande Ramos is keen to stamp his own brand on the White Hart Lane outfit and has obviously been linked with players from his former club Sevilla - but apparently he is also a fan of the former Anfield legend. Talking of which, news of Owen wanting to leave St James Park has led to the inevitable talk of a possible return to his first love. What would Liverpool fans make of such a comeback?

Fernando Torres has made a good start to his Reds career, but Peter Crouch seems unhappy and may well be on his way out, and Dirk Kuyt hasn’t been a big hit even though Rafa Benitez continues to stick with the Dutchman. Andriy Voronin has greatly impressed me but  looks destined to be a squad player, so maybe there is space for the diminutive Owen back where he belongs?.....................

http://www.sportingo.com/football/arsenal_want_benjani_spurs_liverpool/1001,5753

(and presumably the Daily Express as well)

£15,000,000 would be far too good to turn down. Would rather it wasn't Man City or Spurs, but if they were paying that, it'd be un-rejectable.

£15m to see Martins start every game would be brill. ;)

Can't imagine why they plucked £15m out of the air from tbh.  He could have been signed for £9m last window and he's suddenly gone up in value by £6m??  If the media are to be believed, he'll be joining Spurs joining Berbatov, Keane, Bent, Defoe, Kanoute, Kerzakhov and Robinho as the striking options. 

Said before, I hope Owen does go, to a team that can play football on the deck and he starts to rattle in the goals. Go as far as to say I wouldn't be  that bothered if he rattles them in against us. It' s absolutely absurd to have a player of Owen's ability and play everything in the air. But that's what you get with the myopic approach of Fat Sam and the grunts he's bought, especially at the back who seem to think that's the only way to play.

Sell Owen and good luck to him. Use the 10 mill or so and buy 5 more " players " at two mill apiece Sam, and the simpletons will call it building a squad. And use some of the money to get a third video monitor to sqeeze behind so you definitely can't miss the shambles on the field.

Oh....and a nother truck load or two of chewing gum in case you run out.

The thing is, he's pretty much right.

Owen is too good for us, not the other way around.  Put him in a team that can play good football and he scores for fun.

I'd much rather see the back of Allardyce than the back of Owen.