Sir Bobby on his way out of football

Dave

It is true though that he rejected our first approach in 1999 because we wouldn't pay him enough.

Although I prefer to believe that the offer from Shepherd was derogatory as mentioned in Robson's autobiography.

If anyone thinks SBR came to NUFC to save this failing club then you are indeed deluded.

SBR has one master and that master is MONEY

don't bite don't bite don't bite don't bite don't bite don't bite

what a bellend you are

Never has a man earned so much respect off me than Robson.

A gentlement of the game, and of life. The day he was sacked was one of the worst days in my few years as a fan of football.

It'll be sad to see him finally retire, but I guess you could say it's about time like.

One of the few men I really wished could have ended the trophy doubt. He deserved it.

If anyone thinks SBR came to NUFC to save this failing club then you are indeed deluded.

SBR has one master and that master is MONEY

I doubt that somebody of his age who worked in football at the highest level needed to come here for the money.  He did hold out for more of it when he eventually came but that was because he felt the offer was an insult.

It is true though that he rejected our first approach in 1999 because we wouldn't pay him enough.

Although I prefer to believe that the offer from Shepherd was derogatory as mentioned in Robson's autobiography.

Well to be fair £500k per year was shit money for a manager of his calibre, but dint he except that offer in the end? SA is on £3m bythewqy.

Well to be fair £500k per year was s*** money for a manager of his calibre, but dint he except that offer in the end? SA is on £3m bythewqy.

He didn't accept the initial offer but accepted an improved offer.

Well to be fair £500k per year was s*** money for a manager of his calibre, but dint he except that offer in the end? SA is on £3m bythewqy.

It was the same offer, with additional bonuses if he kept the team up I think?

They thought they could get me cheap. They offered me £400,000 a year, at a time when Alan Shearer, I believed, was on around £3 million............

...........I finally agreed to go to St James' for a basic salary of £500,000. I also negotiated a half million pound bonus to be paid if we stayed up.

It was the same offer, with additional bonuses if he kept the team up I think?

I dont even know why we're debating this point, the guy is a legend, i preferred him to Keegan, without him though we would of been Blackburn part II. (Granted blackburn arent doin too bad of late but...)

Whenever someone slates Bobby, just remind them that a defence of:

Griffin Bramble O'Brien Hughes

beat Juventus 1-0 in the Champions League

Not to mention:

Griffin Dabizas O'Brien Hughes

who beat Feyenoord 3-2.

Makes him well worth the money.

Sir Bobby Robson will be remembered long after he departs this mortal coil not only because he was a fantastic coach and manager but also uniquely almost in that field  he is a gentleman.Disgrace the way he was treated at the end of his tenure here,should have been invited upstairs to oversee things..and whats more Newcastle United would have benefitted from the mans knowledge and unrivalled experience.Long and happy retirement Sir Bobby.

Not to mention:

who beat Feyenoord 3-2.

Our best ever Champions League finish, that's what he brought to the club and it shouldn't be forgotten.

Not to mention:

who beat Feyenoord 3-2.

Our best ever Champions League finish, that's what he brought to the club and it shouldn't be forgotten.

Always be grateful for that Feyenoord match. I dont think I have shouted so loud as when that 3rd goal went in. Pur and utter delerium just doesnt explain it properly.