Thigh muscle tear for Owen, out for a month+

Guest nufc 4 life

Well if he was scoring freely for the toon then I'd be annoyed but he ain't, so I can only giggle in pain for him...

Martins will do the business now, with the Duke and..........actually no, not shola (prays)

Look on the bright side, Fattison is  out on loan so that should make you smile :smug:

Well now we get a month to see whether we are better without Owen in the team as some have claimed.

If so, it will be down to tactics rather than player quality, but it is easier to change one player than a whole team. In that case, get rid, even though he is less of a financial worry than he was under Shepherd.

If we dont do any better without him though, we should stick with him as he is better than Martins at scoring goals if the supply is there.

Whatever the situation, and whoever he is playing for, I think it is pefectly reasonable for his employers to publicly request that Owen is not selected for any more internationals this season if England aren't going to be in the Euros.

Not his fault he got injured but not bothered in the slightest considering his recent performances, Oba will get his spot back which he didn't deserve to lose in the first place and i imagine the team will be all the better for it. Just hope Viduka stays fit in the time being for the team's sake.

i'm done with owen, ship him to liverpool in exchange for crouch and cash in january and bring in a young talented striker leaving us with viduka, crouch, martins, new boy. yes that means get ameobi the fuck out too!

on the other hand i'm excited for oba he deserves a shot.

When you look at different forums you understand how much people like Martins, avatar, discussions and such.

Martins must be the most popular player since Shearer quited.

He's a nice lad who works hard, even if he isnt the greatest striker around. I just hope him and Viduka can hit it off.

Guest michaelfoster

This is getting stupid now, time to cash in and see what we can get in jan, will probably only be around £5m but we will get around 100k off the wage bill (apparently)

i'm done with owen, ship him to liverpool in exchange for crouch and cash in january and bring in a young talented striker leaving us with viduka, crouch, martins, new boy. yes that means get ameobi the f*** out too!

on the other hand i'm excited for oba he deserves a shot.

No chance in hell the top 4 would touch him now, Man City would probably be the best bet or Everton? But regardless we should certainly get rid of him asap.

Speaks volumes about his injury record how most people aren't arsed by this at all. I know I'm not. Now, Sam, it's simple; play people in their correct fucking positions, and play Martins. Up front. In the centre. There's a good cunt chap :thup:

He must be so disapointed.

I now cannnot see any top club offering him a new contract in January, including us, we all know he is a brilliant player but his injury woes arent lessening, I always hope he will come back and bang goals in, but with every further set-back it seems less and less likely to happen.

On the bright side this will give Martins and Viduka a chance to create a partnership, and give the former some game time he thouroughly deserves. Due to Owens current form, and the fact we have 2 more top strikers to take his place, the team arent going to lose too much due to his injury in the short term.

I fucking cant believe this  I REALLY AM GUTTED!!! Fucking sell him in January, i was fully behind Owen buts its clear that he will always pick up long injurys from playing basic football, hes a joke of a footballer these days tbh, no matter who gets him he will cost them a fortune in treatment, not what you want in a player, not what you want at all.

Of course Sky Sports winging that he is out for the Croatia game, seriously the quicker this man is out of our lives the better, its always England one Newcastle two isnt it. Fucking JOKE SICK OF IT FUCKING SICK OF IT

Guest NUFCGator

I think you have to feel bad for the kid because I honestly think he goes out there, gives his all for Newcastle and England without preference for either really, and takes shit from all sides because he's always injured. It isn't his fault he's injury prone or McLaren plays him in meaningless games. That said, the best thing for NUFC is to part ways with him. This is never going to work out for our club, time to accept our losses and move on.