Reality testing.

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Two seasons ago, Blackburn were kicking people off the park and not looking particularly good with the ball in the process while Portsmouth were battling at the arse end of the table and not exactly pulling up any trees.

Allardyce may well not be the right man but if anybody genuinely thinks we would be playing like Blackburn or Pompey because we had their manager for 12 games, well I question your sanity. Football doesn't work like that.

Two seasons ago, Blackburn were kicking people off the park and not looking particularly good with the ball in the process while Portsmouth were battling at the arse end of the table and not exactly pulling up any trees.

Allardyce may well not be the right man but if anybody genuinely thinks we would be playing like Blackburn or Pompey because we had their manager for 12 games, well I question your sanity. Football doesn't work like that.

Spot on. One thing all the above have had (except Allardyce) is plenty of time.

By the way woulnt go near MON

what has he done at Villa??

What's Allardyce done at Newcastle..

Rebuilt the majority of the squad. Kept N'Zogbia...

Where has that got us thus far?

Wth a better squad.

Fact is if Allardyce left us right now we would be in a better position as a club than we were before he arrived.

Ah fucking give it a rest ffs. Honestly, beyond a fucking joke.

hughes suffered a 4-0 home defeat to boro of all people just a couple of months after taking over, sounds a bit similar to our pompey game! difference is hughes has had a few years and allardyce only a few months, i expect allardyce to do at least as good a job as hughes has, not that i don't have a few niggling doubts about big sam.

Spot on. One thing all the above have had (except Allardyce) is plenty of time.

True.

The precious commodity of time ... will anyone ever be able to gain it at Newcastle? Becoming practically impossible.

It is becoming hard when the fans fly off the handle at every bad result/poor decision.

Some things Allardyce has done so far have made me think "what the fuck are you doing man!" but I am not going to bitch and moan about it, he needs time.

Ah fucking give it a rest ffs. Honestly, beyond a fucking joke.

Give what a rest?  I'm stating facts here.

Yeah, most of the signings were good ones, but with a manager who refuses to play to our strengths what's the point in even having them?

Don't see why people are waiting for things to dramatically change when it's clear Allardyce only knows 1 way to play.  It's all his fault why we're playing shite and not doing well.

Martin O'Neill: appointed August 2006

David Moyes: appointed March 2002

Mark Hughes: appointed September 2004

Harry Redknapp: appointed December 2005 (second spell in charge)

Steve Bruce: appointed December 2001

Sam Allardyce: appointed May 2007

To be honest all though lots of fans including myself moan after we loose i dont think many are saying sack him

It is more the press reporting splits between Sam and Ashley and linking other managers that are causing the pressure and not so much us YET

Diffence is though Dave all but Allardyce got their teams playing instant, attractive, winning football.

Apparently....

It is becoming hard when the fans fly off the handle at every bad result/poor decision.

Some things Allardyce has done so far have made me think "what the f*** are you doing man!" but I am not going to bitch and moan about it, he needs time.

Agreed. He isn't endearing himself but he needs a season or two to sort the shit out that we have here right now.

Guest jimmy1982

Allardyce, he's the man with the plan, its just not happening for him immediately but it will.

Not Redknap - no cockneys please.

For me it really only comes down to Hughes or Allardyce. Hughes has been very good in the market just recently with the new striker forget his name and they play a very postive fast paced passing game. Hughes is very determined but so is Sam although Iv'e noticed some ill thought through comments in some of SA's statements before recent matches which show perhaps signs of vulernability. I'm not as sure about his inner strength as I was when he joined.

Redknapp buys well but then he buys by the cartload and they work out or they don't.

Moyes has had good and bad seasons but can't seem to get the side as fluid as I would like and a little too conservative, similar to SA in this aspect.

With Harry and Hughes I particularly like the way his players find space and make themselves available.

I don't think O'Neill will make it at Villa.

Guest LucaAltieri

Hughes is developing into a very good manager. Astute signings, talks sense and he's taking his club forward. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he took over at Man Utd when Fergie calls it a day. :)

It'll never happen. Not in our life time. That man is going to out live the lot of us. You watch.

Hughes is developing into a very good manager. Astute signings, talks sense and he's taking his club forward. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he took over at Man Utd when Fergie calls it a day. :)

It'll never happen. Not in our life time. That man is going to out live the lot of us. You watch.

Iron fist inside velvet glove. Fergie clearly a robot inside.

Guest optimistic nit

Hughes is going up in my estimations all the time.

this. happy for allardyce out of the list given, but i am very impressed with hughes and i voted for him, although it was close.

I read an interview with Allardyce where he was talking about the backing MON had off the Villa board even though he didn't get a win in 16 games at some point last season.

it was no wins in 12 games, but that was after they'd made a very good start to the season in the league with only one defeat in 14.

Redknapp did pretty well in the first half a season he was in charge too, keeping pompey up against the odds.

Hughes.

Did what he needed to do when he first arrived. The Blackburn side he inherited had many awful players. And unlike Redknapp, MON and Jol he's built a very good side with a very tight budget and got them playing good football.

He made use of Emerton. I'm sure that New Zealand character (forgot his name) and Christopher Samba were bought for less than a combined £2m.

When he sold his best player (Bellamy)he replaced him with someone even more productive (McCarthy).

in the summer I would have wanted him, Ramos or big Sam so i'm not too worried.